Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I love the idea of a secret facebook group! I have one with the ladies from my Feb 2012 group and I love them! We are so close we're practically family!! We talk everyday <3 <3

Very true!!! I dont know where i would be without you ladies!!! Love ya all!!! XOXOXOX :)

I have a lot to catch up on...

I was admitted to the hospital this weekend for 24 hours. Remember how I said my morning sickness suddenly disappeared? Well it came back, and I couldn't stop my body from convulsing and throwing up. It was to the point where my body (tmi) was forcing up lime green acid, over and over again. I lost conciousness. So I was hooked up to a drip and monitored. Unfortunately, they did not do an ultrasound to check on the baby which had me a little miffed but, since I have my symptoms going strong I trust my bean must be OK.

It took three different IV bags of different medications to get me to stop throwing up.

It was awful. They even had to do a heart test on me because my heart was having frequent palpitations and my blood pressure was dropping pretty low.

I am on bed rest for now until I can get in to see my permanent OB-gyn, who can then figure out where I should go from here.

Oh i am so sorry you have been so sick!!!! Like you said thou, at least it is a good sign of things being ok with your little bean! Try to relax and get some rest hun!

I am all for a Facebook group!!! :)

Oh maze :( I'm so sorry for you! Glad your husband is looking after you, he's a good one :)

Mrs J-bean,
Oh my did I speak too soon! Like a tonne of bricks a massive wave of nausea rushed over me this morning at like 4am then again at 6... And of course my stomach was empty it was soo bad! It was the first time I had actually thrown up... I'm nervous about tmrw now too, it's not bad enough to take anything but still bad enough that I actually think I might have pulled something I was retching so hard :sick:

How are you feeling today? Keeping anything down?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm 6 weeks :dance: this is the longest I've made without getting sick! Hope I can keep it up for the next 5-6weeks :argh: I've bought myself some maternity jeans already. My regular jeans just don't cut it anymore. And I refuse to walk around in pajama pants again :haha:

Woohoo no morning sickness!!! :happydance: I'm right there with you, almost 6 weeks and only afternoon nausea. Hoping it stays that way for the both of us. :flower: I bought some athletic pants and leggings and a bunch of stretchy shirts. Haven't been too fond of jeans lately. All of them hurt my tummy and I don't want to buy any maternity jeans just yet. I have one pair that I got before I miscarried last time that I LOVE, so it should do until I get sick of wearing them. I'm so excited to have a huge belly to rub and block me from seeing my feet!!!

One more thing: I asked this question in the chatzy room but figured I should ask here for those who haven't used it yet. What do you ladies think about a secret Facebook group? No one would be able to see any posts or photos related to the group unless they had access. No one would even know it existed! I found it to be easier for keeping up with activity and each other while also being a great middle-of-the-night resource for the Moms after having their babies. You wouldn't have to worry about anyone accidentally posting your baby news on your wall (you could wait to friend everyone after you announce it yourself) and we could say anything we want about our pregnancies without anyone knowing! (besides us of course :winkwink:)

P.S. Mama Panther is officially here! I love my avatar :haha:

I love it...a secret facebook group!! Le me know when and where to sign up! xx

I have a lot to catch up on...

I was admitted to the hospital this weekend for 24 hours. Remember how I said my morning sickness suddenly disappeared? Well it came back, and I couldn't stop my body from convulsing and throwing up. It was to the point where my body (tmi) was forcing up lime green acid, over and over again. I lost conciousness. So I was hooked up to a drip and monitored. Unfortunately, they did not do an ultrasound to check on the baby which had me a little miffed but, since I have my symptoms going strong I trust my bean must be OK.

It took three different IV bags of different medications to get me to stop throwing up.

It was awful. They even had to do a heart test on me because my heart was having frequent palpitations and my blood pressure was dropping pretty low.

I am on bed rest for now until I can get in to see my permanent OB-gyn, who can then figure out where I should go from here.

O mAZE that is awful!! I can;t even imagine what you must be going through, and bedrest to boot?! Thinking of you hun :hugs:

Is anyone else experiencing dizziness? Mine started yesterday, and it was soooo bad. I was ok when I was just sitting down, not moving, but when I was walking, it was like loosing my equillibrum(sp?). It was so bad that after driving to go out for lunch with my sister and little girl I actually threw up at the resturant. It felt like being in a car when you are really drunk....I had to have the window down and everything ( and it was like -12 here!!).
Also now, I literally have to eat every hour or my nausea gets sooo bad :(
I found these little ginger perpermint chews at the health food store though , tthat seem to help if I can get them down!!

Anyone else having these symptoms?

And how does a secret facebook group get started?

Maze that sounds awful! I really hope you're feeling better and can eat properly soon! :hugs:

I've been nauseous about 90% of the day now. Not pleasant. I'm also having the bouts of dizziness. So I know what you mean about that Lindss. :thumbup: I find it helps if I focus on one spot, stand still and breath deeply. :thumbup:

Good morning ladies, you all seem so lovely I hope I can join in on all the fun here :) I'm 4 weeks today due Oct. 28th. Has anyone else experienced insomnia? I have a vivid dream then wake up and that happens over and over again all night long. I need sleep lol, I thought it was the opposite and you couldn't get enough sleep in the beginning but not me.... Weird!

Is anyone else experiencing dizziness? Mine started yesterday, and it was soooo bad. I was ok when I was just sitting down, not moving, but when I was walking, it was like loosing my equillibrum(sp?). It was so bad that after driving to go out for lunch with my sister and little girl I actually threw up at the resturant. It felt like being in a car when you are really drunk....I had to have the window down and everything ( and it was like -12 here!!).
Also now, I literally have to eat every hour or my nausea gets sooo bad :(
I found these little ginger perpermint chews at the health food store though , tthat seem to help if I can get them down!!

Anyone else having these symptoms?

And how does a secret facebook group get started?

If I stand up too fast, I get really dizzy and lightheaded. I mean it's normal to feel that way when standing up too fast but it seems like now that I'm pregnant it doesn't take much to set it off.

Good morning ladies, you all seem so lovely I hope I can join in on all the fun here :) I'm 4 weeks today due Oct. 28th. Has anyone else experienced insomnia? I have a vivid dream then wake up and that happens over and over again all night long. I need sleep lol, I thought it was the opposite and you couldn't get enough sleep in the beginning but not me.... Weird!

I have but i want sure if it was caused from pregnancy or just stress.. lol

I have but i want sure if it was caused from pregnancy or just stress.. lol

Last week I had trouble getting to sleep. My mind was constantly racing. But this week I have had no trouble sleeping at all. I can't get enough of it! Hopefully for you ladies it's just a short phase and it'll pass quickly :hugs:

I was at my local children's centre earlier, which is where the midwife is too so I asked if I could book in while I was there instead of going through my doctors.
I have my first appointment and bloods at 2.30pm this Thursday! I'll be 5weeks 1day though going from my lmp midwife will date me at 5weeks 5days.
She asked me if I wanted to book then or wait a while, I said I was going to be optimistic and go for it. Then she asked if I'd ever miscarried before which has made me really nervous :-s I was thinking maybe she asked that because if id have said yes she would have told me I had to wait til later to book in ;/

Do you think it's too early to see the midwife?

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit!

Sorry about the really bad MS, Maze. I hope you start feeling better soon once you start taking medication. :hugs:

Also, a secret Facebook page sounds like a great idea! Count me in. :thumbup:

(Let me know if you asked for an animal name and I forgot to add you.)

And the list is now:

Mama Otter ~ KalonKiki
Mama Lion ~ POSD17
Mama Bear ~ Lindss
Mama Fox ~ Girly922
Mama Duck ~ Sheffie
Mama Mouse
Mama Hawk
Mama Rabbit ~ Lozga
Mama Panda
Mama Raccoon
Mama Tiger ~ MilosMommy7
Mama Leopard ~ Junebugs
Mama Eagle
Mama Giraffe
Mama Cat ~ broodymrs
Mama Wolf ~ ZombieKitten
Mama Deer
Mama Penguin ~ SisterRose
Mama Hedgehog ~ LostUnicorn
Mama Dolphin
Mama Monkey ~ healthb4baby
Mama Zebra ~ Lownthwaite
Mama Kangaroo ~ callmemaybbby
Mama Koala ~ Vanillabean01
Mama Owl ~ tx614
Mama Swan
Mama Squirrel
Mama Chinchilla
Mama Hen
Mama Sheep
Mama Panther ~ SlimBrit
Mama Husky
Mama Coyote
Mama Bat
Mama Badger
Mama Horse ~ hollie87
Mama Seal
Mama Peacock
Mama Wolverine ~ 6lilpigs
Mama Turtle ~ MirandaH
Mama Alpaca
Mama Moose
Mama Beaver
Mama Gazelle
Mama Lemur
Mama Chickadee ~ Murmurs0110
Mama Chipmunk
Mama Mongoose
Mama Sugar Glider
Mama Platypus
Mama Pika
Mama Butterfly ~ lady1985
Mama Ladybug
Mama Elephant ~ goddess25
Mama Chihuahua ~ liz0012

Hi Ladies, quick update: just got back from the dr. She did not think that I am definitely miscarrying. I seriously want to punch the midwife in the face that called me on Friday and told me that I was most likely miscarrying. I got blood drawn today and will know tomorrow if my levels are in fact increasing. The dr. gave me other reasons why I could be spotting. I'm feeling hopeful, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

Hi Ladies, quick update: just got back from the dr. She did not think that I am definitely miscarrying. I seriously want to punch the midwife in the face that called me on Friday and told me that I was most likely miscarrying. I got blood drawn today and will know tomorrow if my levels are in fact increasing. The dr. gave me other reasons why I could be spotting. I'm feeling hopeful, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

I'm really glad that you were able to get a second opinion, honey. The doctor you just saw sounds more level headed and honest to me. :hugs:
Bad midwife! No doctor/midwife should EVER tell a patient that they think they are miscarrying, even if there is cause for alarm. The only time that one ever should say that is when the patient has indeed already lost the baby (heavy bleeding, cramping, no heartbeat, ect) and is guaranteed to miscarry. To me it sounds like that midwife was trying to scare you into spending more money.
I'm sure that your little bean is doing just fine. Spotting in early pregnancy is a very common thing (I think very few of us have actually had no spotting at all in this thread even).

That's great news! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that with the midwife. What an awful thing to be told. And on a Friday as well so you can't do anything about it over the weekend.
Hoping your levels are on track!! :thumbup:

Sorry about your loss, Girly922! So glad you conceived shortly after. I'm really worried that if I do miscarry it will take a while to get pregnant again. It took me 10 months the first time. Good luck this time. I'm sure it will stick! It's not fair for it not too!!

KalonKiki, I don't think the midwife was trying to make money off me. I just think she's an idiot. As it turns out, a good friend of mine is an acquaintance of hers. I just hope we don't end up at the same BBQ or something. It would be strange to know she's seen my vagina.

Sorry about your loss, Girly922! So glad you conceived shortly after. I'm really worried that if I do miscarry it will take a while to get pregnant again. It took me 10 months the first time. Good luck this time. I'm sure it will stick! It's not fair for it not too!!

KalonKiki, I don't think the midwife was trying to make money off me. I just think she's an idiot. As it turns out, a good friend of mine is an acquaintance of hers. I just hope we don't end up at the same BBQ or something. It would be strange to know she's seen my vagina.

Thanks hun! I feel completely different this time which is keeping me positive. I just feel like this is our time. I wouldn't worry too much about the what ifs right now. And god-forbid anyone here goes on to miscarry they say it's a lot easier to conceive in the 6 months after. Your hormones are still elevated. I had a dr tell me it's as though your body has a welcome mat out welcoming a new pregnancy. But that's not going to happen anyway. :thumbup:

That last bit made me giggle, a lot!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->