Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

My boobs haven't been nearly as sore lately as they were in the beginning. I do feel like they've gotten slightly bigger though (my bra has been feeling a tad snug). I had more MS today :sick: but it seems as though it's limited to the nighttime before I go to bed. I'm munching on some saltine crackers right now. I've also been pretty tired. I've still been sleeping in and lately I've even had to take at least one nap throughout the day.

I totally get you there. My ms either hits first thing in the morning or last thing at night. I do get waves throughout the day but that's normally if I'm driving. I just feel like. Could sleep forever. The other night I was asleep by 8pm! And I still didn't want to get up when my alarm went off for work the next morning! :haha: I don't think I've ever felt so tired.

Hey ladies,
I didnt want to make a new thread anywhere sounding all woe is me and looking like an idiot so I hope you don't mind a bit of rant here.

I wish I hadn't gotten sucked in to these stupid clearblue digital conception tests, they're officially driving me up the wall.
I've been taking one per week and they've been going up. I got 1-2 at 13dpo then 2-3 at 20dpo, this morning at 26dpo I still got a reading of 2-3 I really expected to see a 3+ by now especially as I'm coming close to 6 weeks preg :-(
I just feel really blah and horrible today now, I spend a huge portion of the day worrying and can't even refer to myself as pregnant. It's always "if the new baby comes" "if everything is okay" I suffer with Generalised anxiety disorder anyway and find it hard to stop worrying about things, so pregnancy sends me over the edge. I just keep thinking that something is going to go wrong.
I know it can't be that my dates are out because based on LMP I'd actually be 6weeks 2days today but I know when I ovulated and my cycle is 32 days so I've based my due date from that instead.

Im in two minds now wether or not to buy another clearblue test or not, I know ill probably end up buying one anyway and upsetting myself even more :s evil tests!

The conception indicator isn't very accurate. I think it also depends if you use fmu or not. I got a 3+ at 5+1 with a 1 hour hold. I'm assuming that if you hold for too long you're starting to get the hook effect. Which at 6weeks+ a lot of women are already experiencing the hook effect. It's likely that your hcg levels are higher than the test can cope with, rather than anything to worry about.

Try not to get too worried over it, it's still positive and they're never going be completely right. It's just a guesstimate. :thumbup:

Hi SisterRose,

I totally agree with Girly922. You can depend on these tests only for so much. But if you're still worried you could just take a blood test to confirm your HCG levels.

However, I can understand you with all my heart. I was too much worried for not having any symptoms at all and couldn't help but buy another POAS today! When the test line was darker than the control line I was on :cloud9:

I am trying to think that pregnancy is just an internship to mommyhood where you'll be anxious all your life for the miracle you created!

I keep making the decision to not test again at all, but then change my mind :dohh:
I think I will try not to buy another, logically if something is wrong doing another test won't change anything anyway and there's nothing that I can do about it. It's just one of those things where I'm going to have to let nature take its course and hope for the best. I don't think it's that my hcg is too high(although could be) but now i just darent test again because if i still get 2-3 later this week I will no doubt be beside myself with worry!

As you can see, I daily altar between paranoid and scared to calm down, deep breaths everything will be okay/go with the flow. Damn hormones!

I noticed that the majority of you ladies in this thread are from outside of the UK and a lot in the US. I wish we had earlier ultrasounds here as I know a lot of US ladies get their first erly and i've seen a lot of the lovely scans you've been posting, but unfortunately I wont get a scan until I'm 13 weeks pregnant and answering ece77's question the doctors here will not offer beta hcg bloods at all unless there's been something wrong. I dont know anyone personally who's been preggo and had their bloods checked for hcg :shrug:

So now it's just a waiting game, 7 more weeks! sighhh!

I'm from the UK and after suffering a m/c in December we've booked a private scan at 7+3 to try and reassure me. Lol.

When's your booking in appointment? I'm pretty sure most midwives do serum hcg among all the other bloods and group & save at that appointment. Mines not for another 2 weeks though.

About your hcg levels and hpt's. I'm 5+5 too and I'm getting a much stronger line on tests with diluted per than if I've held for a few hours. It's been like that for several days now so you never know.

I went crazy with those clear blue test aswell. I wish they were NEVER invented!!! Seriously..... i have spent so much money on them. I did get my 3+ which i thought would help me feel better (because i have no symptoms at all!) but it hasent.... i still worry. If i were you i would just put them away ;)

After 6 pregnancies and 2 children. I finally learned this pregnancy to stop testing. It just induces way too much anxiety for me. I tested once. Its been hard but better.

I would pay for a private scan for some reassurance.

I'm terribly cheap, I used a lot of cheap tests you get from the pound shop! You can either get a pack of 2 plastic midstream tests for £1 or a pack of 3 dip tests that come with pots and plastic gloves for £1. Bargain! I've been using a lot of them, as even after my period was late I was getting really faint lines (inc. a first response) but with Poppy I had a test line darker then a control line. I had to stop testing in the end, I was driving myself nuts every in the 2 or 3 mins it would take for a line to appear...

I used a conception indicator clearblue test with Poppy, and I remember the conception indicator not being accurate at all, and she's definitely here and healthy! Currently running around screaming...

Try not to worry hun. I always stress over stuff so booked a private scan at 8 weeks as in the uk too. Everything was absolutely fine but already i'm back to stressing again! I'd def recommend an early scan tho and i'm sure everything is fine xx

I wanted to test this weekend with the clear blue but held back so I know what you girls mean! I tested last weekend too :blush:

I'm going for my scan on Thursday and I'm soooo nervous...I can't even concentrate in work! I should be either 7+4 or 7+1 dependeding on with lmp or est. Ovulation.

My lack of symptoms don't reasurre me :nope: I took a sip of water today and thought I felt a bit nauseated, but I think I was my head playing tricks :dohh:

Just hoping and praying that all is OK in there. :thumbup:

Try not to worry hun. I always stress over stuff so booked a private scan at 8 weeks as in the uk too. Everything was absolutely fine but already i'm back to stressing again! I'd def recommend an early scan tho and i'm sure everything is fine xx

How you feeling? Your getting like me, stressing :blush:

Scan was good for you, but your not getting many symptoms?

I've been feeling pretty sick and boobs hurt and tired. But when symptoms go i panic but feel so ill when feeling sick. I know it is difficult not to stress, i prepared myself for the worst at the scan but when i saw the baby's heartbeat i just thought that it was the best money i've ever spent. Where do you live? I went to a place in leeds called this is my baby. It was great and they have a few places in the north. If you do have a private scan tho don't tell your midwife. I told mine and she said she'd pretend she'd not heard coz many places won't do a 12 week scan if you've had one already.

Aw at least you have some sickness, me nothing! I see people saying ms = healthy/sticky bean....pffff....Just sore bbs on and off, I keep poking the to see if they're still sore! :blush:

I'm from south Wales but I live in Malta. The gyn I have been seeing over the last two years to get preg will also be my midwife. I pay privately but its worth it here, its not expensive and my gyn is fab! It would be the same here though if I went via the hospital so I'm glad to have the early scan.

Aw at least you have some sickness, me nothing! I see people saying ms = healthy/sticky bean....pffff....Just sore bbs on and off, I keep poking the to see if they're still sore! :blush:

I'm from south Wales but I live in Malta. The gyn I have been seeing over the last two years to get preg will also be my midwife. I pay privately but its worth it here, its not expensive and my gyn is fab! It would be the same here though if I went via the hospital so I'm glad to have the early scan.

At least you have sore BBS! I keep forgetting that i am pregnant because i have nothing!!! LOL ..... I am feeling kinda nervous about it today actually.

We all seem pretty stressed out. In a few weeks as we approach 2 nd tri we will feel nuch better.

Lol omg I'm going insane! My bbs aren't sore today though... ahhhhhhh!!:wacko::wacko:

I was just looking back when i was pregnant with my first I had alot of days where my boobs would not hurt at all, then then next day or two they would start to hurt again.

I wish i would at least have my boobs hurt a bit just to give me some sort of sign.... sometimes i wonder if i do have some signs but i just dont notice it because i am so busy with my 1 year old....

I've been feeling pretty sick and boobs hurt and tired. But when symptoms go i panic but feel so ill when feeling sick. I know it is difficult not to stress, i prepared myself for the worst at the scan but when i saw the baby's heartbeat i just thought that it was the best money i've ever spent. Where do you live? I went to a place in leeds called this is my baby. It was great and they have a few places in the north. If you do have a private scan tho don't tell your midwife. I told mine and she said she'd pretend she'd not heard coz many places won't do a 12 week scan if you've had one already.

I've booked my scan for a couple of days before my first midwife appointment (it was the earliest I could book in with her) so I don't plan on telling her unless there's anything I need to tell her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->