Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hey ladies!

I went for the scan!! We were soooooo nervous! Well little one is 1 cm with a heartbeat which we saw and heard, which doc said is right on track!

Doc gave me some progesterone supplements too.

Ah soooo happy! :cloud9::happydance::kiss:

See! We all told you there was nothing to worry about, silly Mama. I'm glad that everything is looking good. :hugs:

So, more confirmation that my suspicions of having a girl are probably correct. :happydance:
I found out recently that DF's dad had two daughters from his previous marriage that they don't really have anything to do with (I don't think DF and SIL have ever even really met them), so DF is the only boy out of four children from his father.

DH comes from a family of 3 sons and his brother also has a son. I come from a family of 3 daughters and my sister also has a daughter. Needless to say, we have a little bit of a gender war going on :haha:

Out of my mom's biological children, three of us are girls and two of us are boys. And she has three different fathers between the five of us. I come from a family where first born girls are so extremely common that the first born girl inherits most of the family heirlooms. It's kind of a tradition for us to have a girl first and then a boy second. :haha:

Hey ladies!

I went for the scan!! We were soooooo nervous! Well little one is 1 cm with a heartbeat which we saw and heard, which doc said is right on track!

Congrats! They say the risk of MC is drastically lowered by hearing the heartbeat. :happydance:

Really? Even at 7 weeks?

Hey ladies!

See! We all told you there was nothing to worry about, silly Mama. I'm glad that everything is looking good. :hugs:

Thanks... I know was worrying so much!! But it was worth it to see him/her today, what an experience!!

It's a wonderful experience getting to see that bean for the first time. I just saw my bean for the first time this past Monday (start of Week 8) and it was an amazingly breath taking experience. And yes, the risk of miscarriage goes down by about 80% if a heartbeat is detected during the first ultrasound, even at 7 weeks. :D

Hey ladies!

Congrats! They say the risk of MC is drastically lowered by hearing the heartbeat. :happydance:

Really? Even at 7 weeks?

Yes i was told that aswell! Something like 70% it reduces it by after you see the heartbeat

How is everybody? :) My doula is great, I'm totally going to go with her.

I'm jealous of everybody getting early scans! How lovely! :) I've still not heard from the doctors yet.

I'm fed up of morning sickness already. No cravings here, just completely repulsed by lots of things, especially smells. DH is in the bath right now because all I can smell is the garlic that was in his food today coming off him. Puke!

I'm a SAHM too, but I'm also a student. I'm doing an open university course. Being a SAHM is great!

Wasn't sure if we were doing bump pics or not, but here are mine from weeks 5,6, and 7. I'll do week 8 on Monday :)

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/567_zps94a4be9f.png

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been caught up in over a week or more probably :( Tuesday was supposed to be my scan, but I went to the hospital again and they ended up admitting me over night to keep an eye on me. I've lost 10 lbs so far from getting sick so much. I think it'll be 20 lbs again this time, like with the last two. Just gotta keep fighting and hope the next 4 weeks fly by and it eases up some :wacko:

I plan on being a WAHM (work at home mom). :thumbup:

I hear you on the food aversions, PreggyEggy. I've begged DF to stop deep frying stuff, and he finally said that tonight was the last night he was going to deep fry stuff (he finally finished the chicken we had in the fridge). Right now that oil in the fryer and deep fried food in general are just some of the worst smells ever. I don't think I'm ever going to want to eat deep fried food again after this. x.x

I've been feeling depressed lately. Since I moved away from Kansas City, I haven't had any friends or hobbies that I didn't share with DF. I feel like I'm slowly losing my own identity and the only thing I ever have to talk about or get excited about anymore is the little bundle of joy inside of me right now. I don't want to become one of those people that is ONLY a parent and that's all that they know how to be. I want to be a mommy, but I still want to be me, too. :cry:

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been caught up in over a week or more probably :( Tuesday was supposed to be my scan, but I went to the hospital again and they ended up admitting me over night to keep an eye on me. I've lost 10 lbs so far from getting sick so much. I think it'll be 20 lbs again this time, like with the last two. Just gotta keep fighting and hope the next 4 weeks fly by and it eases up some :wacko:

I'm sorry you've been losing weight because you've been so sick. I hope that the sickness eases up for you soon so that you can gain some weight for you bean (and feel better too, of course!). :hugs:

I plan on being a WAHM (work at home mom). :thumbup:

I hear you on the food aversions, PreggyEggy. I've begged DF to stop deep frying stuff, and he finally said that tonight was the last night he was going to deep fry stuff (he finally finished the chicken we had in the fridge). Right now that oil in the fryer and deep fried food in general are just some of the worst smells ever. I don't think I'm ever going to want to eat deep fried food again after this. x.x

I've been feeling depressed lately. Since I moved away from Kansas City, I haven't had any friends or hobbies that I didn't share with DF. I feel like I'm slowly losing my own identity and the only thing I ever have to talk about or get excited about anymore is the little bundle of joy inside of me right now. I don't want to become one of those people that is ONLY a parent and that's all that they know how to be. I want to be a mommy, but I still want to be me, too. :cry:

I'm also a WAHM :p I've been working from home for the past couple years as a graphic designer. I'm really lucky that I can actually make a living from home :)

Of course on the flip side, I have a similar problem as you Kiki. Hubby and I moved to South Florida about 8 months ago for his job. Before that I'd lived in the same city for 15 years. My whole family and all my friends are still back there. Since I work from home, I've had a really hard time meeting other people here. It's pretty much just me, my husband, and my dog. Exciting life! It's hard staying independent.

Hello to all the new mommys to be!

Maze I hope you are feeling better, that hospital exprience sounds terrible!

SlimBrit I am so sorry for your loss Sending all my love!

Everyone else, I havent had much MS I just get queezy sometimes when I am hungry, which is all the time right now.

My one cousin is in the hospital and was admitted to the ICU a few nights ago so I havent had time to be on here. She found out she had lymes disease, which I had twice and lucky got rid of, and started taking her medicine and was drinking at the same time. Needless to say that didnt work out and she ended up getting pancreantitus and was admitted to the hospital. After two days there she started to fill up with water and got water in her lungs and they cant clear the water out. She is on all types of tubes, breathing, eating, peeing, and they say she is the sickest person they have in the ICU right now. So scary.... her mom my aunt, dads sister, was in FL at the time when she first went to the hospital, and was on her way to the airport to come back and got in a car accident and the airbags went off, she is 71 years old, she didnt break anything but it badly bruised and super super sore..... just terrible you cant make this stuff up. She left the hospital that day, got on the plane and came back and my cousin just keeps getting sicker and sicker. She cant breath on her own, and its just getting worse. She has a bad addiction to prescription medication so they are finding it extremely difficult to keep her sedated. They said they are giving her more medicine then they would give a 300 pd man, and she is 4"8 likw 120 pounds and super tiny!!! This helped put my depression and boredom in check as nothing is really wrong right now, in fact everything is great I am finally pregnant with the man of my dreams and pursuing my dream job. Sorry for the rant but just filling in on my crazy life right now. Its really sad about my cousin, her addiction started when her father passed away in the 90's, he was a famous song writer who wrote tie a yellow ribbon around the ole oak tree, and other songs for tony orlando, and she was so devestated that the drs put her on meds and it just snowballed from there.......

my prayers are with everyone having a hard time and with my cousin.....

Hi all,
I didn't have much time in the previous days to connect. Sorry for those who have a hard time with MS; also for Maze (that is unacceptable behaviour!); and for your cousin POSD17.
I see many of you have already decided on names. We still haven't. I guess, since DH's and my names rhyme, we'll try to find something that goes with them.
I'm also planning to go on working from home, at least for a year or two, I hope. We'll see..
Well, I'm so excited because I have my first prenatal visit tomorrow morning, at 6+5. I hope and pray we'll see the heartbeat.
On another note, please let's share our bump pics here. I don't have a fb account, and I don't want to create one! But I'd love to see all your bumps progressing!
So, wish me luck for tomorrow :thumbup:

i'm sorry to hear about what's going on in your family POSD, that must be really hard for you. just try and be positive, it's all you can really do.

as for me, the ms has hit me hard! i haven't eaten for 2 days, the mere thought of food is making me queasy. I also had a little bit of spotting after sex, but after googling stuff, it seems to be a common occurrence in early pregnancy. so i didn't panic too much.

on a side note, i can't wait to be out of this trimester!

POSD17 I am sending lots of healing vibes and prayers to your family, but especially your cousin. What a hard thing to have to go through. Had a similar expderience with prescription drug addiction in my immediate family, and it can be very scary. It sounds like you are trying to stay positive though, so that is really good! ( especially for your lil bean!)

Not much to report here, still not feeling so great. Have my son at home sick from school today, so had to cancel plans to have some girlfriends from college over that I havent seen in a year, bummed, but our kids always come first...even though i have a snekasing suspision that he is more faking it to get some alone time with me. I am a sahm too, but getting my masters in disability studies at the same time, so I think its hard for him sometimes, cuz although im here, im pretty much always doing work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->