Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Gorgeous bump pics mama wolf! I've only just started doing mine so will have to upload later.

POSD sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope you're holding up okay.

AFM - I've still got another week before I go for my first scan. But last night I had a really vivid terrifying dream that I went for the scan and the couldn't find a heartbeat. I woke up crying my eyes out. I don't even have ms this morning to help reassure me. I just want to know everything's alright in there.

Plus, I've just had a call from one of my best friends. She found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and has spent all morning in a&e after m/c this morning. I would never wish that on anyone. The thing is, I'm really scared that I'm unintentionally going to be rubbing this pregnancy in her face. We were going to be due around the same time and I hate to think ill be a constant reminder of what she's lost.

I'm with you there MirandaPanda, I cannot wait to leave first tri!!

I am not caught up. The morning sickness has gotten the best of me at this point and I am so angry and upset that I can't see straight. My regular OB is out of the country for four months so I had to find a new office that would take me as a high risk patient and they had told me that they couldn't get me in until the 8th. I called them yesterday to ask if I should be on baby aspirin for my clotting disorder or just sit tight until the appointment. I also wanted to know if there were any cancellations so that I could get in a little earlier because the MS is so bad and to ask if I had to go in because of it, which hospital they wanted me to go to and was informed that my appointment had been bumped to the 13th!!! It was bad enough that I had to leave a message and it took HOURS to call me back. When they called I had to put the nurse on hold so I could finish puking and I am sure she heard all of it, but no way was I letting that call go by without talking to them. The worst part is that I know this office really is the best place for me. I wanted to get in there with my first, but they were too full to take more patients. They are the best high risk office in the area, but damn! I would think that with all of my problems, they would get me in sooner than later. Much less 5 days later!!!

Hi,
I am newly pregnant, due October 31! :) Glad to have this group to share with!

Gorgeous bump pics mama wolf! I've only just started doing mine so will have to upload later.

POSD sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope you're holding up okay.

AFM - I've still got another week before I go for my first scan. But last night I had a really vivid terrifying dream that I went for the scan and the couldn't find a heartbeat. I woke up crying my eyes out. I don't even have ms this morning to help reassure me. I just want to know everything's alright in there.

Plus, I've just had a call from one of my best friends. She found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and has spent all morning in a&e after m/c this morning. I would never wish that on anyone. The thing is, I'm really scared that I'm unintentionally going to be rubbing this pregnancy in her face. We were going to be due around the same time and I hate to think ill be a constant reminder of what she's lost.

I'm with you there MirandaPanda, I cannot wait to leave first tri!!

Those pregnancy dreams can be really scary sometime i know. But dont worry, im sure everything is fine!

Sorry to hear about your friend, she knows your pregnant right? It is most likely going to be hard for her to watch you develop with your LO after she had a MC (i know it happened to me). But i am sure she will still be so happy for you and not feel like your rubbing it in her face

The ms kicked in while I was trying to do the laundry. Luckily I made it to the toilet!! Lol.

She does know and she knows about my m/c last time, she was the one who drove me to a&e. I just hate the thought that I might be making it even more difficult for her to get over, even unintentionally. We work together so she's going to see my bump grow. We are really good friends and I just don't want to think that I might upset her.

The ms kicked in while I was trying to do the laundry. Luckily I made it to the toilet!! Lol.

She does know and she knows about my m/c last time, she was the one who drove me to a&e. I just hate the thought that I might be making it even more difficult for her to get over, even unintentionally. We work together so she's going to see my bump grow. We are really good friends and I just don't want to think that I might upset her.

I know how you feel. :) Who knows, she might get pregnant again in a couple months !

Well I did so who's to say. And I feel really quite positive this time so. Thanks :)

Exactly.. it will be hard for her but she will support you and it wont be long until she has another bun in there.

I'm sending positive, healing, and hopeful thoughts your cousin's way, Mama Lion! I hope that she can pull through this and get better soon. :hugs:

Welcome and congrats on your :bfp: PregoSauce! :wave: :flower:

Mama Fox: I know it's easy to feel guilty when you are pregnant around someone who has experienced a recent loss or has been trying for a long time to get pregnant, but you should be enjoying your pregnancy. I'm sure she'll fall pregnant again soon. Maybe your loss and quick falling again afterward has given her hope that the same can happen to her. :hugs:

And yes, Mama Wolf and Mama Duck, I plan on doing Medical Billing and Coding from home. I'm currently working on getting my certificate for it. I would love to do graphic art, but the art field is demanding. My step-father is a big wig designer for Hallmark and he's had to work late nights and go in extra times to finish projects like the Dream Book a lot. I just don't know if graphic art is something that I can really do right now. I'm already a developer for IMVU and it takes at least two days to make a good 3D skin, and that's if I work on it literally all day.

It's a wonderful experience getting to see that bean for the first time. I just saw my bean for the first time this past Monday (start of Week 8) and it was an amazingly breath taking experience. And yes, the risk of miscarriage goes down by about 80% if a heartbeat is detected during the first ultrasound, even at 7 weeks. :D

Hey ladies!

I went for the scan!! We were soooooo nervous! Well little one is 1 cm with a heartbeat which we saw and heard, which doc said is right on track!

Doc gave me some progesterone supplements too.

Ah soooo happy! :cloud9::happydance::kiss:

Congrats! They say the risk of MC is drastically lowered by hearing the heartbeat. :happydance:

Really? Even at 7 weeks?

Yes i was told that aswell! Something like 70% it reduces it by after you see the heartbeat

Wow girls those odds seem great. I'm guessing that as most MCs are caused by genetic defects they say its reduced as the heart wouldn't actually start?

Yes was an amazing experience, I wanted to burst out crying but then I wanted to take everything in, so I held back...its so surreal I can't explain it.:cloud9:

The thing I forgot to ask my gyn was if sex is ok , dh is really paranoid it'll do something. Anyone else like this?:blush:

My obgyn said sex is fine if you are feeling up to it! Me and my OH have been having sex everyday and everything has been fine, and he is very big....... :) I havent even spotted after it! So if you are up for it go for it mama!

Unless you're high risk (which you don't appear to be) or your OBGYN tells you that it's not okay for you to have sex (which she would have told you if she thought it was necessary) then I would say that it's perfectly fine to have sex. DF and I haven't had much :sex: but that's because I haven't been feeling up to it. Pregnancy and symptoms have killed my libido. Honestly, even before I got pregnant I've had a sensitive nose and a man's natural scent has always bothered me (us ladies smell a lot nicer!) and DF's scent bothers me quite a bit more now than it did pre-pregnancy, which has sadly been a turn-off. It sucks because I know he wants to and he's been very patient and understanding and hasn't been bothering me about it, but I just haven't been feeling it lately. ):

Yay, im not really interested in it either. I must say, i am still nervous about sex in the first trimester although i do know that unless your high risk it is fine....

I have been spotting off and on since febuary 8th. My drs are not really concerned. They have told me that when I spot to not have sex for 2 weeks. So my 2 weeks keeps restarting. No skin off my back! Sex sounds awful anyways!

I have not DTD since finding out about being pregnant...

I feel so pukey that I dont want to but I have also had a tonne of mc/s so in my head I am just being uber cautious not that DTD would make you have a mc.

DF and I have only DTD once since finding out that we were pregnant. It just hasn't sounded appealing at all. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who hasn't been feeling up to it.

I feel sorry for all of our husbands..there seems to be more of us abstaining than not.

I agree, I feel bad for them too. We can't help it that we're just not feeling up to it, but at the same time it still really sucks for them.

DF feels especially cheated since we didn't get to do the whole have-lots-of-crazy-sex-to-conceive thing. I can pinpoint the exact day that we had sex that caused us to conceive, we had that little of sex. :dohh:

Oh my OH was lucky there. If anything he was complaining that he couldn't keep up during my fertile days. Big wuss. Lol. But since we found out I just haven't been feeling up to it at all. I'm scared of doing anything to put pumpkin at risk but that's because of my previous loss when we didn't dtd from conception to m/c anyway.

I do feel sorry for him and I feel I should at least try this weekend as its his birthday but I just don't feel it.

I think it's normal due to hormones to not want to have sex. Our bodies already know that we're pregnant, so it's like our lady bits are closing up shop because there's no need for sex anymore right now. Hopefully we'll start feeling like it more when we all hit our second trimester. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->