Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

ALE isn't too bad of initials, my sons initials will be B.O. so I'm hoping he doesn't get picked on too bad :dohh:

Happy 8 weeks, Lady1985 and happy 9 weeks, Mama Owl! :happydance:
Each week that we all make the closer we get to the assurance that our beans will be nice and sticky. :thumbup:

No middle name picked out yet? BO isn't that bad in any case, I always read initials as words instead of abbreviations. So instead of body odor, I think Bo as in bo staff. Once you get a middle name though the initials really shouldn't be that bad.
Looks like you'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I'll be 9 weeks! Exciting stuff, we're starting to get close to the second trimester. :cloud9:

And here's the Week 8 bump pic. :D

https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n340/Cinnamint_Candy/0335ccfc-147a-4f0f-9ace-586cce05043f_zpsde401587.jpg

Hi all,
My first prenatal did not go very well, I think :(
My OB first did an abdominal ultrasound and he saw the sac. When I asked about the heartbeat, he went on doing a vaginal also. He said there was the heartbeat, but it seemed very weak :cry:
He said I might have ovulated a little later than I thought, but I believe that's not very possible!
He gave me an injection and a progesteron cream, which he hoped will help the baby to stick. And asked me to go back next week. But added that if there was an abnormal increase in my discharge, I should contact him asap!
He is a very nice person, so I believe he thinks the situation not very good, but did not want to upset me at this moment :(
I am reading that many women go on having healthy babies after they have a similar situation but still I am torn to pieces...

So sorry you're in this situation! Lots of :dust:
I wonder what he meant by an "abnormal increase in discharge", because from what I've read, increased discharge is normal during pregnancy. I would've thought he would say something about heavy blood flow. I have had heavy discharge and spotting (but no heavy bleeding) throughout this trimester and my NP said not to worry about it at all.

I must add I have an ongoing brown discharge already. Not so much or not with clots, but it is there. So I guess, he meant that. Or he just didn't want to scare me by saying "heavy bleeding" when he saw my already ashen-face :(

Well, the good news is I had no brown discharge today. So I'm trying to keep my hopes up!

Brown discharge is very common and it's just old blood. It's generally nothing to worry about. It's lots of bright red blood with clots that's worrisome. It's also good that you didn't have any spotting today. I'm sure your little bean is getting cozy in there. :D

Mama owl- thanks and yes I had my 1st scan last Thursday! Lil butterfly is 1 cm with a heartbeat! Couldn't believe my eyes!:happydance::kiss:

ALE isn't too bad of initials, my sons initials will be B.O. so I'm hoping he doesn't get picked on too bad :dohh:

Happy 8 weeks, Lady1985 and happy 9 weeks, Mama Owl! :happydance:
Each week that we all make the closer we get to the assurance that our beans will be nice and sticky. :thumbup:

No middle name picked out yet? BO isn't that bad in any case, I always read initials as words instead of abbreviations. So instead of body odor, I think Bo as in bo staff. Once you get a middle name though the initials really shouldn't be that bad.
Looks like you'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I'll be 9 weeks! Exciting stuff, we're starting to get close to the second trimester. :cloud9:

Yes the middle name will be Evans, so technically his initials will be BEO. I just remember getting called E.T. because of my initials in school :p
I am going to be 10 weeks tomorrow and we have our second doctors visit! So exciting :flower:

My name was always mispronounced and misspelled growing up (it still is). Kelly, Kylie, Keela, Keeley, you name it. Any possible way to get it wrong was the only thing that was spoken or spelled. And of course my last name is McDonald (for now) so I also grew up with Old MacDonald and McDonald's (Fries and a coke with that burger, anyone?) cracks all the time. The way I see it is that kids will find a way to make fun of any name that isn't completely generic (John Smith, Mary Jones, ect) so we can't worry too much about what we name our children or they'll have completely dull, boring, and common names.

Exciting week this week! Have my 8 week scan on Thursday. I'm a little nervous since I haven't really been all that sick... I know it doesn't mean something is wrong, but it still worries me! I've felt nauseous some, but no actual throwing up. Still suuuuuper bloated though! Assuming everything goes well on Thursday, I'll be telling my mom about the pregnancy next weekend. Turns out she and my sisters and my niece are coming to Disney for spring break, so I'm going to drive back up here to meet them. While I was here this weekend I bought a super adorable Mickey Mouse newborn outfit. I'm going to give it to my mom along with a pic from the ultrasound :) I thought it'd be cute :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5
My name was always mispronounced and misspelled growing up (it still is). Kelly, Kylie, Keela, Keeley, you name it. Any possible way to get it wrong was the only thing that was spoken or spelled. And of course my last name is McDonald (for now) so I also grew up with Old MacDonald and McDonald's (Fries and a coke with that burger, anyone?) cracks all the time. The way I see it is that kids will find a way to make fun of any name that isn't completely generic (John Smith, Mary Jones, ect) so we can't worry too much about what we name our children or they'll have completely dull, boring, and common names.

I'm with you there. I've went entire years with teachers or bosses or whatever where they NEVER said my name right. It's spelled Bette but said "Bet". It was always Betty or Beth or some people just assumed it was Elizabeth... Oye. These days I don't even bother correcting people lol

Aww, adorable idea! I love the Mickey Mouse newborn outfit. I think your mom will be thrilled.
I assumed that your name was pronounced "Bet" because that's how it's spelled. It's weird how no one ever thinks to pronounce names the way that they're spelled. Mine is Keely (pronounced keel(think banana peel with a k)-ee. It can also be pronounced key-lee). I love my name, I just wish that people at least knew how to say it right at least half of the time. :shrug:

I get that too, most of the time im called Dorothy or Darcey but its Darcy, not Marcy. Haha its funny but I love having a unique name. :)

My daughters name is exactly the same. Noone ever pronoounces it right. Its Mattea....said like M A T A I-YAA...and you wouldent believe the starnge things people call her. O well, I LOVE her name and wouldent change it for the world!

My son is called Euan which is a traditional Scottish boys name but being in Canada its causing a whole lot of issues. Ian or Evan is normally what people say or Uan...I dont really get the difficulty with it.

We just got out of the doctors office, and we have a healthy gummy bear! We could see its arms and legs moving, heard its heartbeat and got some pictures!

And DF and I have been thinking about it a lot and decided to change our girl name to Aurora Lee Ellis. I like it a lot better to be honest. I love girly and enchanting names. <3 :happydance:
Liam Van Ellis is still our boy name though, there is no way that we're changing that one.

I LOVE the name Aurora!! DH and I wanted to use it but it's REALLY hard for me to say so we opted out of that one lol. I seem to have trouble with my R's ... I mean I can say them I just generally don't. When I do it's obvious that I'm trying really hard to pronounce them and it just ends up sounding really weird. Must be the New England accent? No idea. But Aurora is a beautiful name! I love it!

We just got out of the doctors office, and we have a healthy gummy bear! We could see its arms and legs moving, heard its heartbeat and got some pictures!

Congrats!! :hugs: Did you get any pictures?

When picking out names I have to take into consideration my son's ability to pronounce things. He is pretty verbal for a child with autism (who was originally non-verbal for quite some time) but certain things he has a hard time with. Names that start with R for example. He definitely wouldn't be able to say Aurora, it is beautiful though. Aurora was always my favourite princess.

We're pretty set on our names now I guess. Oliver Tristan Hawkins for a boy or Paige Kathleen Hawkins for a girl. Kathleen is my grandmother's middle name. I love love love the sound of Paige, I am not wild about how it looks written. Ah well, it is very easy for Dominic to say.

Weeee!! How exciting, arms and legs moving around wow!:happydance:

Just seeing my little blob was emotional enough for me lol xx

Talking about names my name is a problem especially being in Malta! My 1st name is Sian - which is welsh for Jane.

As for our babies...

For a girl we want Seren Grace - Seren is welsh for star, I think its so cute!

For a boy we want - Leon - hubbies choice, not 100% but its growing on me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->