Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

My name has always been misspelled. When I was born my mother called an embroidery shop and asked the most common way of spelling my name. Why she would want Te most common way is beyond me! My name is Kristie. I never find my name in a coffee mug or a key chain! I have the same goal with my kids. My son will be Raiden and my daughter will be Ripley. I don't think I'll have a problem with that! I don't want a common name!

So, after weeks of bleeding and cramping, I am very relieved to post that I just had my dating scan today and everything looks great. My due date is now October 10th and there is a happy little heartbeat at 146 BPM.

I'll make sure to post the picture later this week :happydance:

Hope everyone else is doing great too!

Hi Ladies, can i join?
My EDD is oct 6th, This is my 2nd pregnancy, i have a 14 month old son called Leo. My dating scan is March26th, i'm hoping it comes round quickly! although i feel alot calmer than my 1st pregnancy and it doesn't feel quite so surreal this time :) maybe because i've had more symptoms to remind me i'm pregnant,ive had nausea,headaches and extreme tiredness which isn't helped by my son waking at about 6am every morning!

I had my first antenatal appointment at the hospital today.

I met my consultant and had bloods taken. :thumbup:

I've also got the date for my first scan :happydance: Roll on April 2nd!! :happydance:

I'm glad that you were able to see everything moving and heart beating away, callmemaybbby. I just saw a heart beat, mine wasn't far enough along to be moving yet. That's really exciting though, did you get pictures? :D

Personally, I REALLY fought for and wanted the name Nerina for a girl. It means "nerid being of the sea" or "mermaid". DF hated it with a passion though, but at least he likes Aurora. River was DF's name pick and I'm glad that I finally got up the nerve to let him know that it just wasn't growing on me. I think Aurora is a good middle ground for us. It's not the name that either of us liked more than any other name, but it is still one that we both like a lot. The boy name was easy, we both loved the name Liam and agreed on it right away.

Congrats on the appointment and scan date, Lownth! :happydance:
Also congrats on the healthy scan, Erin! I'm glad that things are looking good for you and your bean. :D
And welcome, Cal! :wave: :flower:
Your Leo is adorable. <3
I'm due the day after you, and my younger sister's birthday happens to be on March 26th and my 12 week prenatal appointment is on March 25th. :D

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!!

And congrats to all the ladies that had there scan! I am happy everything went well and you saw your little beans! :)

Great news Erin! Is your date later or earlier than you thought?

It's about a week later than originally thought! Looks like this might be a Thanksgiving turkey!

Haha, this totally confused me for a minute. I always forget that Canada has a different Thanksgiving day than the U.S. I was like... wait, you said a week later, not a month later! Oye. I feel smart, lol.:dohh:

Erin really happy to hear your news. Congrats. Look forward to the pics.

Welcome Cal. My edd is Oct 6 also..

Welcome and congrats to the new mama~!

I personally prefer our October Thanksgiving, I feel like the November one is too many big family dinners too close together. It would drive me mad for more than one reason! :blush:

Welcome and congrats to the new mama~!

I personally prefer our October Thanksgiving, I feel like the November one is too many big family dinners too close together. It would drive me mad for more than one reason! :blush:

100% agree!!!

I don't care either way. Have been in Canada dince 2006 and have not done thanksgiving yet, in fact I am not really sure what your supposed to do. I need to start doing it soon once the kids know about it.

To everyone that asked about pictures, yes we got some! I don't know how to post them here from my iPad, otherwise I would show y'all!

I don't care either way. Have been in Canada dince 2006 and have not done thanksgiving yet, in fact I am not really sure what your supposed to do. I need to start doing it soon once the kids know about it.

It's basically just a big turkey dinner with the family. Sometimes people create other traditions around it too, like going for a walk on a nature trail to admire the autumn leaves or taking a visit to the pumpkin patch. It's a pretty easy holiday if you don't mind cooking.

I'm glad that you were able to see everything moving and heart beating away, callmemaybbby. I just saw a heart beat, mine wasn't far enough along to be moving yet. That's really exciting though, did you get pictures? :D

Personally, I REALLY fought for and wanted the name Nerina for a girl. It means "nerid being of the sea" or "mermaid". DF hated it with a passion though, but at least he likes Aurora. River was DF's name pick and I'm glad that I finally got up the nerve to let him know that it just wasn't growing on me. I think Aurora is a good middle ground for us. It's not the name that either of us liked more than any other name, but it is still one that we both like a lot. The boy name was easy, we both loved the name Liam and agreed on it right away.

I use to be SO OBSESSED with this show called "Ocean Girl" when I was little and the main characters name was Neri. Considering the background of the character, the writer probably took it from the name Nerina. What about just Neri? Does he like that? But I still definitely LOVE Aurora. Too bad you didn't live near me! It seems we have the same taste when it comes to names! I bet our little ones would get along so well!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->