Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Any chance that'll happen to me? It'd be nice if they moved me back to where I was. I think 3 weeks makes too much of a difference though. Bummer :-(

Hi ladies! Can I join you? I am due October 18 with #4. We are hoping for a girl this time as this is definitely our last! Of course we'd be happy for a healthy baby regardless of gender though...

I am feeling OK, just really tired mainly and not feeling a lot of the food choices I have. I do go for my 8 week appt tomorrow and already had my first scan...everything looks good!

I think I have prenatal depression. I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression years ago, but I've been managing it very well on my own without medication or therapy for a while now. Now that I'm pregnant I think that the hormones are making me "blue" again though. I've been crying all the time, even at the most minor of things. I've been feeling sad and overwhelmed, I've had no motivation or energy to do anything, and I've probably been eating too little. I'm sorry for the rant, but I just need to get it off of my chest and recognize the reality that I'm sinking into depression all over again and it's not healthy for me or my baby. I think a big part of it is that I'm homesick. I miss my family and friends and it would probably benefit me greatly to go see them. I just don't know when I'll be able to afford to.

Hi ladies! Can I join you? I am due October 18 with #4. We are hoping for a girl this time as this is definitely our last! Of course we'd be happy for a healthy baby regardless of gender though...

I am feeling OK, just really tired mainly and not feeling a lot of the food choices I have. I do go for my 8 week appt tomorrow and already had my first scan...everything looks good!

Yay!! Finally another October 18th!! This is my fourth as well. I have two boys and a girl and OH has a girl from a previous relationship. We are really hoping for another boy this time. Nice to meet you!

I think I have prenatal depression. I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression years ago, but I've been managing it very well on my own without medication or therapy for a while now. Now that I'm pregnant I think that the hormones are making me "blue" again though. I've been crying all the time, even at the most minor of things. I've been feeling sad and overwhelmed, I've had no motivation or energy to do anything, and I've probably been eating too little. I'm sorry for the rant, but I just need to get it off of my chest and recognize the reality that I'm sinking into depression all over again and it's not healthy for me or my baby. I think a big part of it is that I'm homesick. I miss my family and friends and it would probably benefit me greatly to go see them. I just don't know when I'll be able to afford to.

:hugs: Feel better, hun!

Hi,
Haven't written much these days but I've sure been reading your updates. And I see some of us seem little or more behind our due dates. I also measured 5 days behind in my first scan last week and I was totally bummed! But reading your posts and some other threads here and elsewhere on the internet, it seems it is quite possible for the little ones to start off a little slower and catch up later. So I'm keeping my hopes up and praying that my little bean will have grown enough for his/her second scan tomorow!
Let's keep our fingers crossed for all of us :thumbup:

Good luck for your scan tomorrow ece77. Can I ask if you calculated your due date from your last monthly period or from ovulation?

If I'd have gone from my LMP I'd be due 19th October and baby would be 8weeks today, but I went from ovulation since I know when I ovulated and we dtd and I thought my due date was 23rd October from that which only makes me 7weeks 2days pregnant today.
At the scan, I was measuring a day behind that though making my due date 24th october which i think is fine since its possible i caught the egg 12-24hours or so after i got my positive ovulation test. What Im trying to say long windedly(lol) is if I'd gone by just my LMP they would have put me 5days behind too, which is actually fine for my ovulation dates :thumbup:

I counted from LMP SisterRose. I don't know the date I ovulated since I wasn't tracking but it must not be late, since my periods in the last years got really shorter (around 24 days). But my OB thinks it's possible somehow, which leaves me with a very short luteal phase unfortunately :( But I'm trying to stay positive, that's all I can do for now!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow ece77. Can I ask if you calculated your due date from your last monthly period or from ovulation?

If I'd have gone from my LMP I'd be due 19th October and baby would be 8weeks today, but I went from ovulation since I know when I ovulated and we dtd and I thought my due date was 23rd October from that which only makes me 7weeks 2days pregnant today.
At the scan, I was measuring a day behind that though making my due date 24th october which i think is fine since its possible i caught the egg 12-24hours or so after i got my positive ovulation test. What Im trying to say long windedly(lol) is if I'd gone by just my LMP they would have put me 5days behind too, which is actually fine for my ovulation dates :thumbup:

I calculated mine from LMP but I know that if I calculated from ovulation then I'd be a few days ahead as I ovulated early this time. Will have to wait and see what the scan says tomorrow. Nervous!!

Hey hun. Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I think you really need to speak to someone - dr, midwife, counsellor etc. You can't go through your preg feeling like this! Could one of your family come and stay with you perhaps? Xx

Just wanted to update. I saw the heartbeat yesterday! It was so amazing. It looked like a star flashing.

They also changed my due date to 10/26 but I think the doctor is wrong.

If i went from my LMP i would be 1 week ahead of what i am. I am going by my ovulation date. I have my scan on Monday so i will have a better idea then.

Dont know if I'll get an ultrasound, have an appointment on the 26th but really hope im 8 wks along or farther. Dont want to be earlier than 8 weeks Im ready to get out of first tri! :haha:

O love! I wish that you weren't going thru this! I agree that you should talk to someone, are you close with your mom? Maybe one of your friends or family members could pick a date to come visit you? Then, even if it can't be for a while it would give you something to look forward too?! Sending you hugs and I'm here if you ever need to talk!!

I'm trying to not freak out.... three x this am, only when I've wippwd I've had some reddish discharge. Not brown like I know is OK. I called my midwife and she said to lay down for the day. I haven't had any in two hrs....so I hope to god all is OK. of course my husband been away working in Toronto on business all week so I've been alone with the 2 kids and been pretty stressed out I'm sure that doesn't help. So happy he's home late tonight but then the kids and I are going way for a week to my in laws so I just hope things settle down by then

Kalnkiki - :hugs: I know how you feel. My family and good friends are around a 10 hour plane journey away at the opposite side of the world. I feel myself isolated alot and lonely. I think you need to go to your OB and discuss this, and try and have some CBT pre birth so that it does not turn into severe PND. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I had Minor PND post my second child and it was just awful. There is plenty of support around.

Lindss sorry your going through this, pregnancy is just a constant worry and struggle sometimes. Hope it stops soon. I also know how impossible it is to be on bedrest with 2 kids at home by yourself..

Hope everything is ok lindss. You're quite far on now so fingers tightly crossed it will be fine xx

Well I talked to my mom on the phone last night and told her how much I miss her and wish that she was here and she said that she's coming to visit sometime next month! I feel so much better today having gotten all of my feelings off my chest to my DF and my mom and knowing that she's going to be coming down here soon makes me really happy. Unfortunately I don't really think DF understands because he didn't grow up very close to his family and he didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things with his parents when he was living with them and he never got homesick. I grew up very close to the majority of my family members. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, parents, ect have all lived very close to me for my entire life until I moved in with DF. My dad has lived in the same town since I was 2 and my mother has been living in her current area since I was 8. We only live about an hour and a half away from DF's family, but my mom is 3 and a half hours away and my dad is 5 and a half hours away. I know that's not nearly as far away as a lot of Mama's families are from them, but it's still far enough that I never get to see them. Thanks so much for the kind words, Mamas. I appreciate that I always have support in here and I'm always here for all of you too. :hugs:

Tmonster: October 26th is the best due date ever! It's my birthday. ;)

Mama Bear: I'm so sorry that more spotting has turned up. I know it's not easy to be on bed rest with even one child, let alone two. My mom had an appendectomy while she was about 7 or 8 months pregnant with my brother and of course she was required to be on bed rest. She lets me know all the time how much of a pain in the butt my two year old self was while she was supposed to be on bed rest and she had to chase me around the house. Hang in there sweetie, lots of sticky, healthy bean :dust: and I hope that the spotting stays away. :hugs:

goddess25: I'm so sorry that your family is so far away. Mine may not be halfway across the world, but I know how it feels to never get the chance to see them. I couldn't imagine being that far away from my family. I lived in Tennessee for three months and just couldn't do it anymore because it was just too far away from my family in Illinois and Missouri...and I hated living there, haha. I hope that you'll get to visit some of your family relatively soon or that they'll be able to visit you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->