Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Kalonkiki glad you have had a chat with your mum. Aren't mums great!! Xx

Haha, yes, moms are great. I never really felt like my mom was my mom, she always treated me more like I was her best friend than her daughter. She loves me though and I love her and we have a close relationship. It's so weird to think that my mom is going to be a grandma though. She doesn't even old enough to be my mom, let alone a grandma. :haha:
When I was in high school I kind of felt embarrassed by my mom. I felt like I was weird because I didn't have a mom that looked like everyone else's mom. Instead my mom just looked like my much more attractive older sister, and it was always awkward. I've gotten over it now that I'm older though. My mom may be 40 and only look 25 still, but it doesn't bother me anymore. If anything it makes me feel like maybe I'll still look 25 when I'm 40. :rofl:

I still havnt told my family yet. We are waiting 2 weeks. We will be able to do it in person then. I don't have any family around me. They all live 7 hours away. I'm so homesick I can't stand it! All I want is my mom. I'm not even taking to her much because I don't want it to slip. I started spotting again today and all I want if for her to tell me to calm down and it will be alright. :(

I think it's normal for all of us to miss our moms when we're pregnant. It's like some mommy-to-be instinct to want our own moms around us while we're expecting. We feel moody and vulnerable and we want out mothers to comfort, love, and hug us. :hugs:

I'm trying to not freak out.... three x this am, only when I've wippwd I've had some reddish discharge. Not brown like I know is OK. I called my midwife and she said to lay down for the day. I haven't had any in two hrs....so I hope to god all is OK. of course my husband been away working in Toronto on business all week so I've been alone with the 2 kids and been pretty stressed out I'm sure that doesn't help. So happy he's home late tonight but then the kids and I are going way for a week to my in laws so I just hope things settle down by then

BIG :hugs: to you hun. Im sorry that you are at home alone with the kids, i now how hard that can be!

Well I talked to my mom on the phone last night and told her how much I miss her and wish that she was here and she said that she's coming to visit sometime next month! I feel so much better today having gotten all of my feelings off my chest to my DF and my mom and knowing that she's going to be coming down here soon makes me really happy. Unfortunately I don't really think DF understands because he didn't grow up very close to his family and he didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things with his parents when he was living with them and he never got homesick. I grew up very close to the majority of my family members. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, parents, ect have all lived very close to me for my entire life until I moved in with DF. My dad has lived in the same town since I was 2 and my mother has been living in her current area since I was 8. We only live about an hour and a half away from DF's family, but my mom is 3 and a half hours away and my dad is 5 and a half hours away. I know that's not nearly as far away as a lot of Mama's families are from them, but it's still far enough that I never get to see them. Thanks so much for the kind words, Mamas. I appreciate that I always have support in here and I'm always here for all of you too. :hugs:

I am glad you were able to talk to your mamma!!! They do always make things better! :)

I still havnt told my family yet. We are waiting 2 weeks. We will be able to do it in person then. I don't have any family around me. They all live 7 hours away. I'm so homesick I can't stand it! All I want is my mom. I'm not even taking to her much because I don't want it to slip. I started spotting again today and all I want if for her to tell me to calm down and it will be alright. :(

I havent told anyone but my mom, with my first one I didnt tell my mom but ended up having a MC and needed her love and support in the end anyways. I am so happy i told her this time, even if i do have a MC i know i will need her.
I understand what you must be feeling seeing some blood but i am sure everything will be ok hun :hugs: :)

I'm dreading telling my parents. I haven't got a clue how they'll react. It's silly because both me and OH are 23 with good jobs and we own our own home. We're not telling OH's family until 12 weeks. As soon as his mum finds out the whole world will know! Lol.

,Oh ladies I know how you feel! I'm away from my family too, they are all in the UK and I live in Malta. I moved here nearly 5 years ago to do something different with my life and ended up staying here!

Also I have told my parents but I felt scared to tell them too...even though I'm 27 , married and we both have good jobs too :haha::haha: I guess I still feel 'young' :shrug:

Hey everyone.

Well I went to my appointment, my doctor took one look at me and admitted me into the hospital right on the spot. So I was there getting vitamins and fluids for the last 48 hours, got an ultrasound done and baby is looking good, so that was a relief.

Gotta catch up still but thought I'd fill ya in.

Hey ladies just checking in :) 7 weeks 1 day to day :) feeling fab, only small bouts of tiredness at bout 3 but other than that I'm grand. Boobs still randomly heavy and sore but I can deal with that! Still keeping shh here, prob will for another few weeks. Gotta book in with the dr next week to start the process of scans etc!

I havent told any family yet. I think I'm gonna wait until 14ish weeks.... I would like to wait until 18 weeks if I can but I think my mom will be able to figure it out. At the end of June my parents are having a big family cookout and at that point I'll be about 24ish weeks pregnant so it would be ideal if that's when everyone found out (since I will most likely be showing by then :haha:)

,Oh ladies I know how you feel! I'm away from my family too, they are all in the UK and I live in Malta. I moved here nearly 5 years ago to do something different with my life and ended up staying here!

Also I have told my parents but I felt scared to tell them too...even though I'm 27 , married and we both have good jobs too :haha::haha: I guess I still feel 'young' :shrug:

My DF is your age and he also still feels "young". At first it was a little weird for him to think about becoming a husband and father because he still didn't feel like he was quite old enough to be at that point. It seems to have sunken in a bit though and he feels more excited about it now. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that he was in grad school, so he hasn't been out of college for very long. Hence he hasn't had ample time to really get used to the "real" world yet.

Maze: I'm glad that you were able to get some fluids, vitamins, and good news about your baby. :hugs:
I hope you're feeling at least a little better now.

I think it's normal for all of us to miss our moms when we're pregnant. It's like some mommy-to-be instinct to want our own moms around us while we're expecting. We feel moody and vulnerable and we want out mothers to comfort, love, and hug us. :hugs:

I think this is so true! And from what I hear, it only gets worse after you have the baby because you're needing help and everything. Me and my mom are so super close though, it's crazy. We hang out with each other like best friends.

I have my scan today ladies. So excited/nervous!! Wish me luck.

Still spotting. Some times nothing sometimes reddish. Been told to lay down again today and they are hopefully going to be able to book me for a scan tomorrow to make sure everything OK. I really really hope it us. Its not a lot and only when u wipe occasionally, but I'm stillcworried

Good luck hun! I am sure everything will be fine! Keep us updated! :)

Still spotting. Some times nothing sometimes reddish. Been told to lay down again today and they are hopefully going to be able to book me for a scan tomorrow to make sure everything OK. I really really hope it us. Its not a lot and only when u wipe occasionally, but I'm stillcworried

Oh hun, i understand i would be worried too but im sure everything is ok. Hopefully you can get your scan tomorrow

So midwife called and advised me to go to emergency. Wants me to get a progesterone shot and get checked out. Hubbys away still, so I'm here alone, waiting..

Kalonkiki glad you talked to your mom about everything... I see my parents typically once every 12-18 months. I am hoping they come over for the birth.

Lindss - hope you get to emerg soon and get seen too.

Lindss - really hope everything is ok for you. Let us know how you get on xx

Good luck girly!

Good luck honey! FXed. :D

MamaBear: I hope everything will prove to be okay with your scan. At least the bleeding isn't heavy. There's always hope. You haven't had any cramping, right?

Thanks ladies.

All went well. Measuring 7+2 so only a day behind. Gorgeous little pumpkin with a heartbeat of 146bpm. As soon as I saw that heartbeat I cried! Lol. And definitely only one in there. Lol.

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg165/Georgie_and_Chris/90320744-851E-470B-A519-757F2B529FF6-3299-00000300DAFBD8EA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->