Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I don't know much about shingles, but did you touch her at all during dinner? I'm sure that if you didn't come into skin to skin contact with her then you should be fine. Is there any idea on how long she's had shingles?

Just looked it up and apparently there is a herpes zoster vaccine that can be used to prevent shingles. It's different from the chickenpox vaccine, but apparently your chances of being affected by shingles or chickenpox does go down if you've had the chickenpox or the chickenpox vaccine before. And as long as you didn't touch the affected area then you should not have any reason to worry.

I think I hugged her when I got there and when I left, because I usually do, but I can't remember for sure. I know I did not touch the direct spot, as it was next to her eye but she told me it wasn't shingles...
I know that she said it was drying up and scabbing over, so hopefully that means it is healing.

Yeah, if it was next to her eye then you should be okay. Especially since you've had the chickenpox vaccine. I would read up on the symptoms for just in case, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My scan went great. I heard and saw the heart beat which was awesome! The are keeping my due date the same. So today I am 7 weeks and 1 day. She alsobtd me that since my progesterone level was so high that It lowers my chances of mc to 5%! Woohoo!

Great new, honey! :happydance:
It's always nice to have that peace of mind. :)

If the shingles are drying and scabbed over you should be fine. Shingles is also air borne so touching it won't make a difference. Drying and scabbed means healing and the possibility of getting it is extremely slim. Having chicken pox before makes no difference.

I was exposed to active shingles a million times in my firdt pregnancy and all was ok.

10 weeks today! So excited to be in double digits finally. I also have my first OB appointment today, hopefully she will be able to help me with my HG.

10 weeks today! So excited to be in double digits finally. I also have my first OB appointment today, hopefully she will be able to help me with my HG.

Good luck at your appointment! I really hope that they are able to help you and you can get some relief!! My first appointment is in one week and I can't wait to get in there.

We are going away for the weekend to visit OH's family and I have no idea how we are going to keep this secret with my being so sick and tired all the time. Nor with OH not being able to contain himself. I just found out yesterday that OH has already told everyone at his work. I am not really pleased about this. His boss lived across the street from my mother for more than 20 years and she doesn't know...but I am sure she will if he runs into her at the grocery store! When I asked him how long he waited after we tested to tell he said "two days." :dohh:

Maze happy 10 weeks..and I hope your OB can help out with the HG.

Miranda - your OH made me laugh. Its lovely that he is so excited and wants to tell everyone the great news, but I understand how you feel especially if you have not told your close family yet.

Maze happy 10 weeks..and I hope your OB can help out with the HG.

Miranda - your OH made me laugh. Its lovely that he is so excited and wants to tell everyone the great news, but I understand how you feel especially if you have not told your close family yet.

I know! I laughed a little too, but I have not told anyone yet. We had a chemical in October and I am afraid to tell anyone until I know that everything is okay. But I do think it is sweet that he can't seem to keep a secret about this to save his life.

Good luck at your apt! Woohoo for double digits!!

Happy 10 weeks, Maze! I'm pretty excited to reach the double digits next Monday myself. Good luck with your appointment and I hope that you can get some relief soon. Every time that I'm hugging the toilet I always think of you and how much more awful than me you must be feeling and I always hope that you're okay and not getting too dehydrated. :hugs:

Oh Miranda, your OH is adorable. :rofl:
Mine also told his co-workers the Monday after we found out (he has weekends off and we found out on a Saturday), but we were already out to close family and friends right away. I can understand waiting if you've had complications before or if you're worried about them. The only reason why we told everyone right away is because I'm a very healthy person and I'm so low risk that we didn't have any cause for concern. You're already more than halfway to Week 12 though, it won't be much longer now until you can start sharing the good news with everyone. :D

Kind of off topic, but I wanted to share this! So excited!

I work for the "largest retailer in the world" where we save you money so you can live better. :wink: I recently signed up for the free maternity program through them, and I received my first package today! I got a cool aluminum "Life with Baby" water bottle and my own copy of What to Expect. I'm super pumped! They're also going to be sending me 2 free dental exams, bottles, diaper vouchers, and all kinds of free stuff and coupons.

Back to topic. We SWORE we wouldn't say anything to anyone until 12 weeks but as the weeks have gone by, we've updated our pact to "No Facebook Announcements" but telling our friends, family, and coworkers was too hard to resist! We have already seen the heartbeat and all the tests have come back completely fine/wonderful, so as far as we know, everything is continuing as it should.

Also, awhile ago, I mentioned not feeling "joy" about my pregnancy. Scratch that! My love and I went to Babies r Us last night, and that kicked my ass into gear! I think it was hard to "get" that I was pregnant because we hadn't looked at any baby stuff until last night. Seeing those little newborn clothes made me want to cry. So cute! And tiny!

Holy cow, I'm so ready to love the crap out of this baby.

I'm so excited for you that's great! We are holding off on the fb thing till 12 weeks or Untill i tell I family. They live in another state sober are going to tell them in person in a lil over 2 weeks! Yay! Nonim off to go google where you work.....;)

Thats awesome!!!! I am glad you feeling more excited now. I too, in my last pregnancy told close friends earlier, then told other friends/FB when i was 12 weeks. I think it makes things more exciting when other people know!

Its good to finally feel some excitement. Babies r us will either do that to you or scare yhe crap out of you which happened to me first time.

uuuugh...I'm still feeling normal! Would love some symptoms...no sickness no tiredness, bbs only hurt a little...I thought after taking this progesterone supplement for the last week would give me more signs...but no! How strange, I always expected pregnancy would make you feel yuk in the first weeks!

Anyone else feeling normal? How are you gals? :hugs: x

I'm still pretty touch and go. Not much nausea, but I'm pretty sure my heartburn is coming all the way up through my nose. Besides that and peeing all the time, I really haven't had too many bothersome symptoms. Maybe a few things that makes me stop and roll my eyes and think, "Psht. I'm so pregnant."

I think we're just a couple of lucky ones.

Yes just lucky hopefully maybe has something to do with the timing as your only a day behind me :haha: I'm not even getting heart burn, The ONLY thing is slightly sore bbs! :dohh: Are you due for your next scan soon? I have just over 2 week till my 12 week scan I can't wait.

uuuugh...I'm still feeling normal! Would love some symptoms...no sickness no tiredness, bbs only hurt a little...I thought after taking this progesterone supplement for the last week would give me more signs...but no! How strange, I always expected pregnancy would make you feel yuk in the first weeks!

Anyone else feeling normal? How are you gals? :hugs: x

I've been tired and a little nauseous, but no actual throwing up. I keep thinking one day it will hit me... But it just doesn't! Still makes me nervous to not feel sick, but I go in this morning for a U/S so hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat and I'll be able to relax and just count myself as lucky!

Side note, did any one else bring DH with them for the first ultrasound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->