Limbo Ladies!!

Ceecee get signed off if you can and get your friend to phone him. That way you get paid an income till your your maternity pay kicks in and you get time off away from your boss and his sh*t.

How would I get signed off though? Any suggestions? Do I just say to my MW sign me off please I've had enough lol if so that would be so much easier :)

Cant your tell your doctor about the back pain and stress that it is related to your pregnancy? Tell them that work aggravates it even more and about the lack of risk assessment (did your boss sort that out?)

Lol welll in reference to the risk assessment he told me to call him if I needed him and put my computer screen on a box so that it was a bit higher for me... does that count as a risk assessment lol

When I had mine done, my colleague came to my desk and checked my chair, my PC and my phone, He also went through a form with me asking me about lifting and breaks etc.

I found this when I googled it, seems poeple have been signed off for back pain before...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/134788-work-advice-please-bit-worried.html

Does your job involve constant sitting or standing?

I had the same sort of risk assessment as Yasmin, and then got given a new chair as mine was giving me back ache.
Just go to the doctors of midwifes and explain about the stress, pain etc, lay it on a bit thick if you need too, Im sure they will sign you off.

Lunchy time in a minute, what is everyone having? (Im on a foody day today)

Thanks yasmin :) :hugs: I see my midwife Tuesday morning I might just explain to her how I'm feeling and see if she will help :)

Michelle - I added you on facebook hun :)

Ohhhhh ceecee shall i pretend im a doctor and sign you off? Im very nearly a mental health nurse so its not technically a lie!

im watching misbehaving mums to be, did anyone watch this? xxx

Does your job involve constant sitting or standing?

I sit for practically 9 hours a day and as my boss is usually out I can't really take a break either. He told me I should get up and walk around the office more but that doesn't really solve the problem. I've even had to use the computer (the big black box thing that you switch on - check me out all technical) to rest my feet on as my feet keep swelling up and there's no foot rest.

I had the same sort of risk assessment as Yasmin, and then got given a new chair as mine was giving me back ache.
Just go to the doctors of midwifes and explain about the stress, pain etc, lay it on a bit thick if you need too, Im sure they will sign you off.

Lunchy time in a minute, what is everyone having? (Im on a foody day today)

I complained about my chair but haven't had a new one. I think I may just steal my boss's chair as I'm in that bad a mood with him lol. I'll talk to my midwife tuesday as I'm just so fed up with it all now. Then I'll email the legal dept and tell them to act on my behalf and do it that way, then at least it won't be awkward in the office lol. Food wise I have a bread roll, some snack a jacks and a plum... I haven't eaten a plum since I was about 7 as I had a horrific experience last time lol so I'm trying to be brave today!! XXX

Ohhhhh ceecee shall i pretend im a doctor and sign you off? Im very nearly a mental health nurse so its not technically a lie!

im watching misbehaving mums to be, did anyone watch this? xxx

Lol I like your thinking hun. Thanks :hugs: I've got it taped - some people astound me as to what they do throughout pregnancy!! X

Yep, this one girl doesnt think she needs to stop smoking.

Oh and another question, is anyone getting like short of breath, i feel like my heart beats really fast sometimes. Even when im lying down. xxx

I would use the fact that you haven’t been given a proper risk assessment, your boss isn’t supporting you at work, you have to sit for 9 hours straight which further aggravates your back pain, your haven’t got a proper back support chair and no foot rest (show them the swelling feet).

I’m sure that should be enough, say your back pain makes it difficult for you to get comfy at home and is causing problems with your sleep, say you are tired and stressed with your work situation.

As Barbles said – LAY IT ON THICK!

Oh and another question, is anyone getting like short of breath, i feel like my heart beats really fast sometimes. Even when im lying down. xxx

I get that!! It makes my chest feel funny and sometimes the irregular beat makes me cough??

I also breath heavy when taking stairs etc.

Babycentre says... Towards the end of the third trimester, the size of your growing baby can make you breathless. At this stage, your uterus (womb) really begins to push upwards into your diaphragm, the sheet of muscle that lies under your ribcage. Your diaphragm, in turn, presses on your lungs. You'll probably feel some breathlessness now if you haven't before, especially if you're carrying your baby high.

Though you might feel a little like an engine as you huff and puff up a short flight of stairs, don't worry. This breathlessness is normal and harmless.

Well it is true, I'm hardly sleeping as my knees get so painful in the night I could almost cry and I'm wondering if it's partly due to the lack of support for my feet and the bad posture in my chair... Thanks ladies you've made me feel so much better and yasmin, thanks for all your help and advice :hugs: I'm sorry for moaning XXX

I would use the fact that you haven’t been given a proper risk assessment, your boss isn’t supporting you at work, you have to sit for 9 hours straight which further aggravates your back pain, your haven’t got a proper back support chair and no foot rest (show them the swelling feet).

I’m sure that should be enough, say your back pain makes it difficult for you to get comfy at home and is causing problems with your sleep, say you are tired and stressed with your work situation.

Shed a tear if you can too, tears always help :) xxxx

I get that!! It makes my chest feel funny and sometimes the irregular beat makes me cough??

I also breath heavy when taking stairs etc.

Babycentre says... Towards the end of the third trimester, the size of your growing baby can make you breathless. At this stage, your uterus (womb) really begins to push upwards into your diaphragm, the sheet of muscle that lies under your ribcage. Your diaphragm, in turn, presses on your lungs. You'll probably feel some breathlessness now if you haven't before, especially if you're carrying your baby high.

Though you might feel a little like an engine as you huff and puff up a short flight of stairs, don't worry. This breathlessness is normal and harmless.

Ooooo i did not know that, at least i feel normal.

The midwife on this programme just said crunchy nut, coco pops and sugar puffs are all no nos................ive been eating this religiously since being pregnant. Oh dear :( xxxx

Lol at the tears!!

Its alright ceecee we're all here to support each other. I dont have many friends so it's great for me to chat to you all whilst I'm at work :)

Look at what was emailed to me!!

placeholder.jpg

Shed a tear if you can too, tears always help :) xxxx

Hmmm maybe my performing arts qualification will come in handy after all lol xxx

I think treats in moderation are fine... I havent watched the documentary but isnt it about those who 'live on' junk food?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->