Limbo Ladies!!

Mmmm KitKat! Now I really want one. I just had lunch but I'm not full :(

I've been getting BH for a while, I actually dont mind them. What I have noticed is that baby movements are getting more uncomfortable and where they were lower before they are higher now.

Mmmm KitKat! Now I really want one. I just had lunch but I'm not full :(

I've been getting BH for a while, I actually dont mind them. What I have noticed is that baby movements are getting more uncomfortable and where they were lower before they are higher now.

Im the same, the kicks are just below my boobs now.

Ive had lunch but im not full either, so i scoffed a banana and now some freeze pops xxx

Oh I wish I kept snacks in my desk drawer!

I really fancy something naughty!

So as I am so incredibley busy at work I have made a list of what I have left to get before little man is here.

So here it is

What is left to get!!

Bed time

Moses basket mattress
Moses basket stand
Moses basket sheets – 1pack

Feeding

Bibs x6
Formula

Clothes

Cardigan/jacket
Hats
Scratch mitts
New born baby grows
Couple of outfits

Travel.

Pram – to be paid off
Changing bag
Bug net
Car seat rain cover

Toys
Play mat
Any dangly things I see

Bath/Cleaning stuff

Nappies
Wipes
Cream
Cotton wool
Top and tail bowl

Hospital bag

Nightdress
Toiletries
Maternity pads
Sanitary pads
Breast pads
Nursing bra's

I have got majority of sutff so these really are the last bits but can you think of anything I may have missed?

Ooh good thinking barbles! I've been incredibly lucky as my sister is giving me and DH loads of stuff she bought for my niece including moses basket, cot, high chair, steriliser etc etc. My sister is just amazing :)

Ok I have to admit something here and I hope nobody thinks that I'm a bad person (although I probably am) but I'm just really not sure I want to breastfeed. I want to for the first couple of weeks so she gets the important stuff but I truly do not feel comfortable with the whole process. I know this makes me a horrible mother but I'm just not sure I want to do it. I guess the closer it gets to her being here the more panicked I feel about doing it. :cry: xxx

I want to BF... I didn't at first... the thought made me feel icky but I'm over that now.

But just because you dont want to doesnt make you a bad mother. There's too much pressure and judgement when it comes to BF but I feel you should do what is best for you and your child, whether that be BF or not :)

Dont beat yourself up about it. You are still trying by giving your bubba what is needed during the first few weeks.

Ceecee - I am not brestfeeding either i know people have different opinions but with my first i had a hard time so this time im just going to bottle feed. I think everyone is entitled to there opinion and choice it doesnt make you a bad mother at all :) x

I've always tried to get my head around it and just think 'that's what I'm going to do' but after LO has the good bits I'm not sure if I can do it. I've always had issues with my boobs (internal cysts etc) and I'm just not sure I want to do it. I don't find it yucky or anything I just find myself uncomfortable with it... that probably doesn't make sense but its hard to explain XXX Thanks for not judging me though ladies XXX

I do want to breastfeed, but not wanting to doesn't make you a bad mum, absolutely not! There was so much pressure on me from my sister, midwife etc to do it when I had Jayden and I really wanted to, but he's tongue tied and only fed once. My guilt at not being able to BF contributed to the fact that I got PND and I will NOT put myself through it this time. I will try to breastfeed, mainly because my boobs are humungous and have been a burden since I was about 9-10 and I want them to do what they were meant to do. But if it doesn't work for whatever reason, I will not beat myself up about it, and I'll be damned if any of you ladies will.

Have any of you seen my husband and son? They were both formula fed, Alan has got so many honors and degrees etc I can't even count them, is very very rarely sick, and Jayden is waaaay ahead of other boys and girls his age (see my fb videos) Now I know that formula will NOT damage my daughter if breastfeeding doesn't work, I won't feel so bad about it this time.

Breast may be best but, IMO, having a happy mummy and a happy baby is more important xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do what is comfortable for you :)

I hope I dont have any problems with BF as I really want to do it for 6 months if I can.

Oh god, there is the BIGGEST tub of Celebrations in the office right now. I must have had aboout 8 chocolates already- pleeeeeease can someone get them away from me?!

CeeCee, not wanting to breastfeed long term doesn't make you a bad mother at all! I totally agree that there is too much judgement around whether women breastfeed or not. It's not for everyone for a variety of reasons. I'd like to give it a go but I'm keeping an open mind and if it doesn't work out, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I saw what mental pressure my friend went through when she was trying to breastfeed. She made it to 3 months before having to stop and she felt awful about it. Now, she says she looks back and wish she didn't spend so much time and energy worrying about it.

Now as for your boss, I'd definitely have a chat with your friend and see whether she can put the frighteners on him. OH and I run a business which is very seasonal. Money in the company can be really tight over the winter but the most important thing is that everyone gets their wages. When it was really tough last January with all of the ridiculous snow, OH and I put a stop to our own wages for a few weeks so we could be sure that all the staff got paid. Your boss is being a total arse and needs something to shake him up- maybe a letter from your friend might just do that.

I didnt really use my bath thermo last time and my monitors have a thermomitor built in.

Dont worry CeeCee, Im very much in a debate about it myself. I breastfed Phoebe for a day and I liked doing it. But she wouldnt latch properly and in that one day I stressed myself out that I couldnt do it (didnt help the MW saying I couldnt go home until she knew I could feed my child properly). I do wish I perservered but I dont feel guilty about FF either as it gave OH some bonding time with her.

This time I would like to give BF a go again but for purely selfish reasons it would be easier to FF as OH can help with night feeds, they sleep longer with FF and it will be easier with looking after Phoebe too. I think I may do a couple of weeks if I can and then go FF.

Ive got to say though the first BFeed I gave her after she was born was absolutely wonderful and such a special moment I will always remember, just me and my girl (OH had gone out to ring everyone and MW had left us), even if I give up again I will definately have that moment with my boy too.

Well I think I have truly reached limbo today. I look in second trimester and feel like an outsider, yet I read third and it's all cervix checking and actually being prepared! I have instead had to turn to doing some work and sorting the phone line man out at home! Hope all is well in limbo-land.

CeeCee, I am firmly of the opinion that it doesn't matter how you feed your baby, as long as you actually feed them! The breastfeeding mafia are a tough bunch but let's be honest, it just doesn't always work out and it's not for everyone. I'm going to give it a go but I plan to at least combination feed with formula once or twice a day pretty much from the off - I don't want to be pumping like a milking parlour constantly and would like daddy, grandparents etc to be able to feed and babysit too without me. My brother and I were raised on formula and we're alright! My friend is formula feeding her daughter at the moment after a month or so of breastfeeding and has found it's actually better for her colic etc, she is much more content and settled on the formula. Be comfortable with your decision for YOUR baby and who gives a shiny sh!te what anyone else thinks. :)

As for lists of stuff, my lists are pretty short! Here they are:

Things I've got: Not v. much. Few clothes, few blankets, a monitor, steriliser, 'grooming' set, some bibs, some muslins. Oh, and Freddie the Firefly!

Things I still need: Everything else.

Thanks Claire... My mam has been brilliant and talked me through everything and told me to do what I feel comfortable with but I'm just getting so much pressure already from MIL, MW and other people that I'm feeling a bit backed into a corner and getting myself het up about it. DH told me he'll back me whatever decision I make as long as I'm happy and Jess is happy. I would love to be comfortable with the idea I'm just really not. I feel really bad about it but I can't help how I feel. xxx

No-one ever pressured me into BF when I was pregnant with Phoebe, my best friend told me I would be lazy if I didnt try it with Jake :grr: but I didn't listen to her haha.
Im going to a BF workshop in June just to see what they say but I wont let anyone pressure me into anything, like Claire said, Phoebe was FF and is leaps and bounds ahead of her age and bloody ansum too. Definately not fat or behind or anything else the media usually reports.

I like your list Vicki :haha:

Vicky I think my list probably looks something like yours :)

Really ceecee, don't feel bad! It is not the end of the world if you don't breastfeed, a happy baby and mummy is all that matters! You never know, you might love it and bf for 2 years! :haha: but if you don't like it then you don't like it. Some people will keep pressuring you but tell them you've thought it through and made your decision. No-one here will judge you.

I tell you what does annoy me though, people that say breastfeeding is 'unnatural' and 'disgusting' - it might not ber for everyone and that's fine, but it's a very natural thing and most certainly not disgusting! :rofl: rant over! Hehe xxx

Oh god, there is the BIGGEST tub of Celebrations in the office right now. I must have had aboout 8 chocolates already- pleeeeeease can someone get them away from me?!

CeeCee, not wanting to breastfeed long term doesn't make you a bad mother at all! I totally agree that there is too much judgement around whether women breastfeed or not. It's not for everyone for a variety of reasons. I'd like to give it a go but I'm keeping an open mind and if it doesn't work out, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I saw what mental pressure my friend went through when she was trying to breastfeed. She made it to 3 months before having to stop and she felt awful about it. Now, she says she looks back and wish she didn't spend so much time and energy worrying about it.

Now as for your boss, I'd definitely have a chat with your friend and see whether she can put the frighteners on him. OH and I run a business which is very seasonal. Money in the company can be really tight over the winter but the most important thing is that everyone gets their wages. When it was really tough last January with all of the ridiculous snow, OH and I put a stop to our own wages for a few weeks so we could be sure that all the staff got paid. Your boss is being a total arse and needs something to shake him up- maybe a letter from your friend might just do that.

I'm going to give my boss a letter in person tomorrow morning if he's still done nothing about it and inform him that if no action is taken within the next 48 hours I will be forced to consult my solicitor. I so want to work for you and your OH though - you sound like the best bosses ever and think of the football chats we could have!! I know I have to be tough I'm just so crap at being tough lol. And thanks for being understanding too :hugs: XXX P.s. if there's any galaxy truffles left send them my way please :) xxx

I didnt really use my bath thermo last time and my monitors have a thermomitor built in.

Dont worry CeeCee, Im very much in a debate about it myself. I breastfed Phoebe for a day and I liked doing it. But she wouldnt latch properly and in that one day I stressed myself out that I couldnt do it (didnt help the MW saying I couldnt go home until she knew I could feed my child properly). I do wish I perservered but I dont feel guilty about FF either as it gave OH some bonding time with her.

This time I would like to give BF a go again but for purely selfish reasons it would be easier to FF as OH can help with night feeds, they sleep longer with FF and it will be easier with looking after Phoebe too. I think I may do a couple of weeks if I can and then go FF.

Ive got to say though the first BFeed I gave her after she was born was absolutely wonderful and such a special moment I will always remember, just me and my girl (OH had gone out to ring everyone and MW had left us), even if I give up again I will definately have that moment with my boy too.

Thanks hun, I guess I just don't want anyone to think I'm a bad mother if I don't do it. I want to give her the good stuff for the first 2-3 weeks if I can but after that I really don't feel comfortable at all with the idea. I just want her to be happy and healthy though. XXX

Well I think I have truly reached limbo today. I look in second trimester and feel like an outsider, yet I read third and it's all cervix checking and actually being prepared! I have instead had to turn to doing some work and sorting the phone line man out at home! Hope all is well in limbo-land.

CeeCee, I am firmly of the opinion that it doesn't matter how you feed your baby, as long as you actually feed them! The breastfeeding mafia are a tough bunch but let's be honest, it just doesn't always work out and it's not for everyone. I'm going to give it a go but I plan to at least combination feed with formula once or twice a day pretty much from the off - I don't want to be pumping like a milking parlour constantly and would like daddy, grandparents etc to be able to feed and babysit too without me. My brother and I were raised on formula and we're alright! My friend is formula feeding her daughter at the moment after a month or so of breastfeeding and has found it's actually better for her colic etc, she is much more content and settled on the formula. Be comfortable with your decision for YOUR baby and who gives a shiny sh!te what anyone else thinks. :)

As for lists of stuff, my lists are pretty short! Here they are:

Things I've got: Not v. much. Few clothes, few blankets, a monitor, steriliser, 'grooming' set, some bibs, some muslins. Oh, and Freddie the Firefly!

Things I still need: Everything else.

Thanks Vicki - lol your comment of "who gives a shiny sh!te" just made me really chuckle. I've been feeling guilty about it for weeks and now feel so much better after talking to you ladies. You guys are brill :) XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->