***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

I can't think of anything similar to a yorkshire pudding that we have here. The closest thing would be a biscuit, but biscuit dough is thicker. But biscuits are also yummy when dipped in gravy :thumbup: Yorkshire puddings sound soooo yummy though. I love having a bread-like thing for dipping

Your biscuits are like our scones I think like heavy bread if I'm right???

You should try making them Spidey, it's really easy.

makes 6 small yorkshire puddings: Oven at 220 degrees C

112g plain flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
150ml milk
pinch of salt (i leave this out)

sift flour into bowl, make a well in centre and add the eggs and half the milk. whisk to combine then add the rest of the milk and whisk until no lumps (this can be left for a few hours if you don't need it immediately.

Get your cupcake/ muffin tin and place a teaspoon of oil (or beef dripping from roast beef if you are having with beef) in each of 6 holes. Put tray in oven for a few minutes to get oil smoking hot. Take out anf ill each hole half full with batter and put back in oven for 15 minutes. DO NOT open the oven door before 15 minutes as they will sink.

After 15 minutes they should have really risen and be golden brown on top and crispy! voila! yum yum!

Pip - where abouts do you live?

I think this one is a boy (but then I thought that about Sophia :dohh:), my symptoms seem really different this time (as in I have some!), but I will be waiting until he/she pops out to find out, so you will be able to predict based on bumpage later on!

My mum said my last pregnancy was the longest time of her life, and I told her at 8 weeks so she only had 7 months to wait! I just don't want her to worry more than she already is abotu our situation, it should be a purely happy announcement and i feel like it will be oversahdowed a bit by worry :cry:

So far amazon is cheaper for the test sticks. But I'm checking ebay regularly too. I bought the monitor with a box of 30 test strips for only $130. Which is awesome because the monitor by itself is $149 in stores. But I found a good deal on ebay. Brand new of course, I'd never buy a used one. :sick: And I don't have to worry about when we :sex: because I already have my girl. :haha: I'm not too bothered either way if we have another girl. I think that'd be nice. And a boy would be nice too. I just want a baby. :haha: We plan on having 3-4 kids so I'm sure we'll get a boy eventually. :D

I agree I think we'd all get along pretty good. You girls have at least all met eachother for the meet right? Did you girls go to it? I was so jealous seeing all the pictures of everyone together. The US is way too big for us to have a meet. We'd have to meet in a random state like Kansas that's in the middle. :haha:

I couldn't go to the meets, first one I was snowed in and second one I was away on holiday! It's a bit sad that some of the main contributors back then are no longer about.

Yeah it is a shame people just disappeared. I really miss laura coming in here. But after 4 kids I probably wouldn't find the time to get on here either. :haha: There are so many that I just wonder what happened to them. Like xarxa. She just disappeared after her LO was born.

yeha I think they did, the second was a smaller one i think though, both only a few months apart i think

Shiv- thats neat you're not going to find out the gender... so you didn't know for Sophia either?? I didn't know with Kira and since I was 99.9% she was a boy, I was SHOCKED when a girl popped out :haha: I think my next one will be a surprise too since it was fun not knowing. Everyone said I was having a boy based on my bump, so it was a good shock to us all. Oh, and Shiv, don't forget the possibility of twins :haha:

I might give that recipe a try. Since I'm allergic to wheat I'll have to substitute my rice/potato/tapioca flour mix for the wheat flour, but it should be okay since my flour tastes good too. I have a scale so I can weigh my flour (most Americans don't have a kitchen scale to weigh dry ingredients) and I can convert mL's to teaspoons or whatever, LOL. I'll let you know if I make them :)

Our biscuits are probably like your scones, but I always thought scones were sweet?? Our biscuits aren't sweet. They're flakey and light too- yum yum yum!

No symptoms for me! Not sure when I will test.. any suggestions? I'm guessing AF will arrive Thursday or Friday. I only want to waste one test, so I don't want to test too early!

Cleckner- LOL about Kansas. It would be my first time ever on a plane! :blush:

Wait, we're supposed to weigh our food before eating? :haha: We have a kitchen scale. But only because we got it to weigh Emma. :rofl::rofl:

LOL Cleckner- it's more accurate to weigh flour vs. measuring it. 1 cup of flour could be densely packed or lightly packed and that could affect the outcome of the recipe. I love it how Emma gets weighed on the kitchen scale- does she still fit???

No, not anymore. :haha: We were really strategic about it too. Because she wouldn't fit laying on the little platform so we'd get a huge plywood piece and we marked down how much it weighed. Than lay Emma on it to weigh her. :rofl::rofl: It was our own ghetto way of knowing if she was gaining back in the beginning when they kept trying to get me to top up with formula to make her gain weight. I'm so glad I am done with those stresses. The next time around I am totally not going to listen to doctors. :D

OMG, I am laughing at you weighing Emma on a bit of wood on a kitchen scale! Too funny, imagine if someone would haev walked in as you were doing that!

You use cups? I don't really understand that as a cup of sugar obviously weighs more than a cup of flour etc. I weigh everything if I am baking, but don't weigh mich if I am just cooking dinner.

1 teaspoon - 5ml, but it is basically just a small spoon or a drizzle of oil to make sure the batter doesn't stick. You must have teaspoons and tablespoons as measures, no? It is really tricky to measure out 5 ml any other way surely? And what do you stir tea with if not a tea-spoon?:haha:

I didn't know it was 5 ml. I just know it's a teaspoon or tablespoon. :rofl: And I have never weighed food in my life. That's weird. :haha: .....But weighing babies on a food scale on wood is normal...:rofl:

I would say 99.99% of Americans do not weigh their ingredients while baking. I do occasionally, but most of the time I don't since our recipes don't give weights. We do all of our larger measurements in cups, so I guess our recipes are adjusted to make up for the fact that 1 cup of sugar weighs more than 1 cup of flour. Yes- we do use teaspoons and tablespoons, LOL! We never use ml's and most people have no idea how much 1 ml is... I only do because I use ml's for my work.

LOL Cleckner and your ghetto version of a baby scale :haha:

Shiv I'm north London, Harrow. I think I'm the only one left in here from that meet apart from Boothh. You're good not finding out the sex, the guessing drives me nuts I'm so much more relaxed now it's great. I instantly feel closer to the baby once I find out as I can visualise them and give them an identity. Of course now I'm even more worried about her being ok lol.

I'm a rubbish baker so can't give advice really :rofl: I'm good at eating it though!!!

I want to try biscuits. And yes our scones can be sweet but cheese scones are yummy too.

Pip - one of my best friends lives in Mill Hill, which must be just up the road from you.

I have been baking like a wild thing but haven't been able to even try any of it, it has all been going with David to work to try to cheer people up!

I quite fancy just measuring everything in cups - would be easier!

Spidey - what exactly do you do science wise?

Firstly, I must report that I tested this morning and it was a BFN!!!

I expect AF Thursday or Friday so I don't think it was too early. The box said I could test 6 days before AF.

I do genetics research on aging. In my lab we experiment on a microscopic worm (instead of mice, rats or humans). It sounds strange, but the worm actually has many of the same genes and genetic pathways as humans and they only live 20 days so we can do lots of experiments in a short period of time :thumbup:

It's not far hon about 30 minutes on a good day at a guess, next time you're down we must meet :thumbup:

Spidey sorry bfn and it most defo is early. I didn't get a hint of a line both time until 10/11dpo so 3 days before af was due. So don't count yourself out just yet :hugs:

What tips can you give us on ageing then Spidey???

If AF isn't here by Friday night I'll test again Saturday :thumbup:

LOL Pippin- eat lots of blue berries, drink some wine, exercise a little bit and stay positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->