***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

I counted from the first peak. Both months I've gotten cramping on the first peak day. My friends list on facebook is completely full of pregnant people now. Cousins, friends from highschool, people from here. I am so happy for everyone but SO incredibly jealous. My one friend is pregnant with her second, it's a different father than the first kid and her boyfriend left her a month ago. She had only been with him for like 9 months and got pregnant fast. Apparently he had an ex-gf that is pregnant with his kid too.(My friend had no idea about this ex) :shock: So he left my friend to go back to the ex. My friend is due in september and even though her life is in shambles right now. I'm STILL jealous. How stupid is that?! :dohh: It's funny how emotions work sometimes. I can't seem to look at the big picture some days. :haha:

Oh Cleck, I don't blame you at all for feeling the way you do, and i wish you were preggers NOW, I really do (although Corey might be a bit suspicious :haha:). i wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but I dont think there is. My wish is that youget your cycles sorted so that you can give it a good shot when Corey is back. :hugs:

Spidey, we always took the relaxed approach, maybe now you know that you are def ovulating you can relax again and things will happen for you.

big :hugs: all round girls

I hope you're feeling better today Cleckner :hugs: Hormones can be awful things. At one time I had to separate my FB friends into "normal" and "depressing" since a handful of my friends only posted when there was something horrible going on. On sensitive days I would only look at the status updates of my "normal" friends :haha: You're right though, it is hard to look at the big picture sometimes. There must be something about pregnancy that makes us want it so bad... but it really isn't all that nice.

Shiv- yep, now that I know my body is ovulating I can back off and let nature do its thing. I really have no idea how long it took to get pregnant with Kira. For years I was only using protection after I thought I ovulated, since I had no idea that sex before ovulation was the way to get pregnant :dohh: So my cycles were on average 36/37 days long, so I would use protection for those last 2 1/2 weeks. I was so confident in my method that when I had 46 day cycles I never once thought I was pregnant.

jelr- I hope you're having a better day today too :hugs: It's so unfair that your DH was loyal and now he's getting screwed.

Spidey - if you were using protection for teh last 2.5 weeks of your cycle then you were always being careful over ovulation which is "lucky" for the times when you didn't want a bubba!

I always assumed that however long your cycle was you ovulated right in the middle, so if you had a 30 day cycle you would ovulate day15, if you had a 40 day cycle you ovulated day 20 etc! No-one teaches us about this stuff do they!

And I do hope things feel a bit brihgter today Cleck- I am SO looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow!

I'm feeling so much better today thanks ladies! I always seem to have one day of being hormonal every few months. Usually correlating with AF. Stupid bitch that she is. :rofl: Another thing that makes me hormonal about babies is DH has been emailing me telling me about all the wives of guys from his shop that are having babies while they are out to sea. And while I think that would be the worst having a baby without DH there, I am still jealous. So all these guys are coming home to newborns they've never met before which is sad. But I wish DH wouldn't tell me about those things. It just makes it worse.

I am going to read a little more about it but I think I'll up my B-6 to 200 mg this month just to see what happens. I am reading that I should be taking B-12 with the B-6 so it's more effective. Any advice from you ladies that may know about this stuff? There is a B-6 thread in the TTC section on here but it is REALLY long and there's no way I'm gonna sit here all day wading through it. :haha:

Cleckner, you should go ahead and take the B12 too.. not because I'm an expert, but it can't hurt in the short term. Also, the B6 might take a couple cycles to fully work, so I wouldn't give up hope on it yet. I can see why you're going crazy with pregnancy talk because you can't get a break from it even when you talk to DH! Plus that nasty bitch AF doesn't help!

Shiv- thats funny how you thought ovulation was always in the center of your cycle. My cycles have always been all over the place, so on an average cycle we would not protect for about 2.5 weeks and then protect for 2.5 weeks (maybe longer). The Kira cycle must have been a short one :haha: Best "oopsie" I ever made :cloud9:

They really should teach us more about pregnancy and our bodies in general. I have a co-worker who never heard of a c-section :shock: and she's been thru 4 years of college. My MIL has had tons of pregnancy issues and during her 1st 2nd trimester miscarriage, she had no idea what was going on and didn't realize that pregnancy meant a baby would come out her lady parts. Oh, and on a side rant, I am sooo thankful we have sonograms these days. She was telling me about a mmc she had atleast a decade before DH came along. They didn't have sonograms back then, and she thought she was almost 6 months pregnant but the baby had stopped growing very early so the doctor finally got the clue when her belly never grew. The doctor sent her home with a pill to cause contractions and she nearly bled to death.

Okay how can someone in this day and age not know what a c-section is?! And how can anyone not know a baby comes out your vagina?! :rofl::rofl: Where is it supposed to come out? You throw it up like a hairball?! :haha:

noooo Cleckner, the stork brings it!!! :rofl:

My coworker probably doesn't know where babies come out either! I asked "are you serious" a few times when she asked what a c-section was. You should have seen the look of horror on her face as I described it to her :haha:

:rofl::rofl: And sadly about 50% of women have them! She may want to be prepared if she plans on having kids someday. :rofl:

So I'm using the diva cup for the first time with this AF. I have to say, it's quite amazing. Wheres shadowrat when we need some good mooncup jokes?! :rofl:

Oh! I have the diva cup in my shopping basket at amazon but I haven't been brave enough to order it yet. It has great reviews but I have a hard time believing it would work. They have 2 sizes and it was a little depressing that I qualify for the stretched out vagina larger size :haha:

Don't worry. I had to get the 2nd size too because I had a c-section. So I think it's more to do with the cervix than it is the vagina itself because my vag had nothing happen to it and they still made me buy the 2nd one. :rofl:

It seriously works really well! I haven't had a single leak. And when I dump it I'm right beside the sink so I rinse right there without getting up. :haha: But I don't think I'd use it in public. Well I would put it in and than dump it later at home. I couldn't dump it in public I don't think because i like being able to rinse right beside myself. People have suggested using baby wipes in public but doesn't sound very convenient. :haha:

Also wanted to add you can't even feel it once you have it in correctly. I can't even tell I'm on my period really. It's amazing not having a pad. I was having to use pads recently because tampons hurt me for some reason now. :wacko:

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one needing the larger size :haha:

I'll give it a try this coming cycle. I plan to test at the end of next week and if it's a negative I'll place the order so I'll have it in time for AF. It should be a fun experiment! Imagine all the money I'll save on tampons :thumbup:

TMI with this one but pads and tampons always smell when you are changing them. Well with this thing, there is absolutely no gross 'period' smell. It's so much cleaner.

Oh and don't worry, we'll have giant vaginas together with the size 2 diva cup. :rofl:

:rofl:

No period smell will be so awesome! I can't wait! Come on BFN so I can play with the Diva cup :haha:

Oh yeah. Forgot to share my weight loss news because I was too busy talking about giant vaginas! :rofl:

I'm down to 208.4!!!! :dance::dance: I lost 5 lbs this week!! That's the most I've ever lost in one week. And I credit my success to myfitnesspal.com. I input everything I eat and it tells me what I have left for the day in order to lose weight. It's AMAZING! I have learned so much this week. I started out the week eating way too much protein and sodium. And not enough calories. And by the end of the week, I cut down the protein and sodium and I raised the calories I eat but still not enough according to the site. :dohh: But I'm working on it!

Wow cleck well done on the 5lbs!! That is so great that even after so long of losing you can still shift that much in a week! So What does that make your total weightloss now? And how much until you are back to pre-Emma weight?

I am very (hopefully) happy to not have a period for another 16 months or so assuming breastfeeding goes well next time! Imagine how big my vagina will be by then :haha:

:rofl::rofl: You'll need a size 3 divacup. :muaha: (It doesn't exist so we'll have to special make one for you.)

I have lost 31.6 lbs so far. I have 28.4 to go!! Only 8.4 to pre-Emma weight. So 8.4 lbs to lose before DH gets back in June! I really think I can do it now that I'm using this website. It seems to be really awesome. I don't expect to lose this much every week though. :haha:

Cleck - just give me a bucket :haha:

You are well over half way there, and I reckon you can lose 8.4 lbs in a month easily :happydance: Leaving you only 20lbs - that is so awesome!

What is all the stuff about the military not being paid? how does that work and why?

Our government is having issues setting the budget and they are fighting it out right this moment. Mostly over Planned Parenthood funding from what I've read. But they will shut down government pay until they can come to an agreement about the budget for this fiscal year. Meaning everyone still has to work. DH still has to be deployed. But we won't get paid for it.

I'm almost 100% certain they will back pay us so we'll get paid eventually for the weeks we aren't getting paid but there are families that live paycheck to paycheck so what are they supposed to do to pay rent, groceries, etc?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->