'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Wow I can't imagine how hard that is, you military wives deserve a medal, do you get much support through his work etc? Is there any other military wives that you could hang out with?

I'll keep everything crossed that you get good news, you shouldn't have to do it all alone again :-(

youngnimum, good luck for your scan in a new hours. i hope it goes well.

daddiesgift, you deserve a medal. i cant imagine what its like being a military wife plus everything that comes with it including having to move house and even country. while we cant be there at the birth of your next baby please know we're all here for you and will provide as much support as we can.

Ruby's appointment was earlier this morning. she was born weighing 4lb 11oz and when she in the nicu/scbu, she was combination fed to help with her weight gain. i was continually expressing breast milk for her, i still am actually and its going really well. she left the hospital 8 days ago weighing 6lb 14oz and this morning weighs 7lb 1oz. the doctor did say that while she appears to be healthy and developing well, her weight is still very very low and he would have hoped she would have gained about 1oz a day since her release, which hasn't happened. he suggested that i now combination feed her at home to get her weight up to a more 'normal' weight but otherwise she is healthy and the doctor is happy. i am upset that im now having to give her formula as well as it wasn't what i ever wanted to do but i understand why i have to do it. she also slept 8 hour straight last night :happydance: i couldnt believe it!

Sorry ive not updated still :blush: Promise I will be back soon!

Just popping in to say 'good luck to youngNImum ~ Hope the scan went well' :flower:

:hugs: mum_erin - combo feeding isn't so bad if it helps her increase her weight and you can probable go back to exclusively breastfeeding again as long as you keep up your supply. I combo fed my twins for a week and went back to exclusive bfing no problem. Is it a special weight gaining formula or just regular? If its regular, you could supplement with your own pumped milk if you prefer.

she has a prescription to cow and gate's nutriprem2 which i picked up this afternoon, hopefully she'll start gaining weight soon. shes healthy though so i can relax a little bit!

for those of you in the UK, boots currently have got a lot of promotions on their mother and baby bits so its worth popping into one of their stores if you can. i spent £61 stocking up on nappies and wipes and it was well worth it. it sounds excessive but we all know how much of this stuff the children will get through!

^^ thanks for letting us know, I need to do a major stock up.

Asda have there baby event on too which has some fab bargains.x

i went onto the asda website and worked out the price for everything i bought at boots and it does work out about £5 cheaper and i found with the 'bundles' i bought i got slightly more wipes and less nappies but i'd prefer spending the money at boots so i can get the points and get a treat for me! :haha: i'll probably pop to asda tomorrow to see what they've got there as well. i do love these baby events!

Lol, that's dedication to shopping, love it.

Apparently at the end of the baby event everything's reduced so its well worth a look, not sure when this one is due to end though!x

oh really? thats definitely worth knowing, thanks!

i havent asked you this or seen anyone else ask you - do you know what sex #2 is? do you have names planned? i love your daughters name!

Ahh thank you, hubby named her as I couldn't decide! Yep bubba2 is a boy, we have a handful of names so we'll decide once he's here.x

ah a boy, how great. having one of each is fab! Charlie and Ruby are both sound asleep so a quiet night in with OH and my parents. almost 6 weeks until we move, so excited :happydance:

How do you find it all living together? We lived with my in-laws for 6 months and found it pretty easy. Do they help out with the kiddies?

Poppy's sound asleep so I'm in bed reading, can't get down the stairs, SPD sucks!x

i still live at home so this is all i've ever known, but my (and OH's) parents have been great. they all work full time and have busy jobs so we've never expected them to help out with child care or anything as they support us in other ways, which we are so grateful for. OH's parents are ironically our neighbours, thats how we met! we officially "live" at my house but spend equal time between both houses, but Charlie and Ruby only ever sleep here. our parents are extremely close, you could say best friends actually, so spend just as much time at each other's houses as we do. couldn't ask for better family!

You're extremely lucky erin! We're staying with the in-laws at the moment until we get our move in date (should be May 12th!) and they're driving me frigging mental!

Sassy - we're from South Woodham Ferrers, where abouts in Essex are you?? :)

Ahhhhh 12 week scan tomorrow! :D

How is everyone today?

Wow Erin your do lucky, sounds like a fantastic situation, I bet moving out will be weird for you all!

I'm in hornchurch, so not too far! Where you moving to?x

Still South Woodham... we lived here since we were born/little; then moved to Watford for his work, but then he was forced to resign so have moved back. It's just around the corner from the in laws - but far enough away to have our OWN space :haha:

Hornchurch... where is that near? (Geography is awful so trying to place it in my mind lol)

Near Romford? Do you know that.

We just moved from Danbury, small world!x

it'll definitely be weird for us all! we do have such great families but it hasn't always been like this. no parent wants their 16 year old having a baby so initially it was hard and there was a lot of anger towards the situation but things are simply great now.

it sounds as if the two of you are fairly close in location, i'm some what close to you as im in London!

Wow so you'll be moving to Wales from London? That'll be a massive change! Where a outs in London are you?x

Ooh erin are you fairly young then? And how comes you are moving to Wales?

yesss I know Romford :) And Danbury was just down the road! Have you always lived in Essex?? I see you know Mrs Pop too... she's part of my midsummer mummies group :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->