'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

hiii sailorsgirl :)

Sassy - are you having baby 'early' then? and Yes I find my 18 month old really struggles to fit in the seat but he's taller than most 2/3 year olds so that could be why :shrug:

Yeh I'd say Poppy's the size of an 18month old, people are surprised when they ask how old she is!

Yeh, I go in next Wednesday for a sweep, if that doesn't work then I'm being induced next Friday :wohoo:

I liked the peach too but when we tried poppy in the front seat she was huge in it and it wouldnt have lasted long, she was only 10 months and the lady in the shop said it lasts until there 3 and I thought no way, poppy is really tall but not massive!

Do any of you find the seats a bit small?

Hope everyone's having a good weekend? Can't believe ive only got 1 more weekend until baby will be here, crazy crazy!x
The New peach has bigger seats!!! Same frame but bigger adaptors for back!
The mistake many make when looking at it is they expect their childs legs to not hang over the seat, however like with an umbrella buggy they tend to towards the end, Laurens now 2 + and doesnt really use it any more but still fits.

My peach is tomato - when i get a carrycot ill be gettin the lilac if i have a girl LOL!

Oh wait.... he's 19 months now! oops! lol

oooh exciting!!!! :) Do you know what you're having? I can't remember past posts lol And if you don't mind me asking how comes they're inducing you/sweeping you early? :)

welcome and congratulations sailorsgirl :wave:

Sassy, i don't think the seats are that small but i know others who have had to sell their peach just months after buying it because their child has outgrown the seat. Ruby isn't in the lower seat unit yet because of her age, so we either attach her car seat to the chassis or use the lower carrycot. she's very tiny though so i can't ever see spacing between her seat and Charlie's an issue, unless she turns into a giant! Charlie is a little smaller than 'average' for his age (but healthy nonetheless!) and doesn't have any issues with the size of the seat. he loves it, even when we have Ruby on the chassis as well.

sailorsgirl, which peach have you ordered?

we're off to the sealife aquarium today. we were going to go to the zoo but ironically it's raining so having to change our plans! admission is ridiculous for the aquarium, almost £40 for just OH and i, similar to the zoo. we save over £10 by going after 3pm so we're going a bit later! it's open until 6 so we still have time to go and see everything,which i have no doubt Charlie will want to do, plus we still have time to do other things this morning. have a great day everyone!

We ordered before the new peach 2 came out so we've gotten the tomato but we skipped getting the carrycot and just getting the car seat as Isla barely used hers. I do love the new purple colour though x

i have to admit im wondering if its worth it cos Emily will be in it if i get preg soon so ill need it as a double rather than the single , i have the car seat i would just need upper adaptors!

Great idea Erin, we do that with the local farm, it's so much cheaper and our bubbas are to young to want to spend hours anywhere anyway!!

Vicky - yeh we went to order the new peach as I'd read the seats were slightly bigger but we couldn't collect it until 6-8 weeks after baby will be here abs I didn't want the stress of waiting and not having a pram. Totally agree about the legs hanging thing, my lo's head was nearly touching the hood though! I think it would have lasted 6 months at the most!

Charlie - We're expecting a boy this time, no one in rl knows though so its an on line secret lol! I'm being swept/induced due to terrible SPD, I've also had labour stopped twice and have been on bed rest since 32 weeks! I'll come off bed rest on weds and I'm hoping to go into labour naturally to avoid intervention at all!x

Weird question :) since Im American, we dont normally use the hmm lay down seats (I googled the ICANDY so I knew what you guys were talking about lol) and It looks like a little baby bed that you can attach, I see a lot of people use them here in Germany. What I wonder is how do you get it in the car? Does it attach to something to be a car seat or do you just take baby out of it then put baby in a car seat?

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Duogli...BOZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336382779&sr=8-1

I have that one ^ but not that color, I have the brown and green one. Totally not as cool as the ICANDY looks but I did not have many options lol. An infant car seat that fits in the car attaches to the back seat of the stroller for when they are too little to sit in it alone, then you can just take the car seat out of the stroller and attach it to peice in the back seat of car.

yeah her heads touching the hood i figured if she was in any longer id just take the hood off, but shes come out of it now. i already changed mine from shiny silver to black cos of the scratches, but it needs redoing before baby 3 LOL

Youd have to take them out of it :) another reason im doubting myself

Can I join? I'm 10 weeks pregnant with number 2 and my daughter current 7 months old. There will be 14 months between them :) xx

:wave: Welcome., lovely to have you join us
Congrats on baby number 2 :cloud9: I also had the 14 month age gap

Yeh I'd say Poppy's the size of an 18month old, people are surprised when they ask how old she is!

Yeh, I go in next Wednesday for a sweep, if that doesn't work then I'm being induced next Friday :wohoo:

:dance: How exciting ~ Not long now....You all ready? :flower:

we're off to the sealife aquarium today. we were going to go to the zoo but ironically it's raining so having to change our plans! admission is ridiculous for the aquarium, almost £40 for just OH and i, similar to the zoo. we save over £10 by going after 3pm so we're going a bit later! it's open until 6 so we still have time to go and see everything,which i have no doubt Charlie will want to do, plus we still have time to do other things this morning. have a great day everyone!

Hope you had a lovely day :thumbup: Think thats a great idea to go a little later & save money

If its any consellation (sp??) its been raining here in Australia too! :rain:

Kelly - we're nearly ready, just a few bits to back in my bag, pack some stuff for poppy etc! Plus I need to do a huge food shop so we have plenty in!

Erin - how was the aquarium?x

Today is mine and hubbys 3rd anniversary :)

Hi :hi: Can't believe I keep forgetting this thread :dohh:

Leah's got her jabs at 2 and I'm absolutely dreading it :( Also got mine and Leah's 8 week checks today.

Anyone doing anything nice today?

Stickylizard - I love your double pushchair you've got in your avatar pic, just a question for you.. Do you find it difficult to push, get up kerbs etc?

Ive had a pretty good day so far, just exhausted. Nothing new. I actually went and bought some maternity tops from someone who never got to wear them so I got them for cheap and they are REALLY cute! I know Im just as shocked :) With my son I could never find any cute maternity clothes! I went to get the ones from his pregnancy out of storage and I was just depressed.

They are even a little sexy! (as sexy as maternity tops can be :haha:) which is nice because lately I have not been feeling so sexy, and my sex drive is gone. I just dont feel like me anymore Like ive slipped into a mommy slump. Most days I just stay in a pony tail and pjs covered in baby food, tears, and whatever else he wants to spill on me. i think Ill start feeling better if I do something with my self!

Happy Anniversary Sassy! :wedding:

Hannah- :hugs: with the jabs. If you BF then just do that, it will help. If you dont BF then lots of cuddles, both are good. I hope it goes better than expected :flow:
We wont be doing anything nice today....freggin rain wont let up! :wacko: i *may* do some cleaning today...or be lazy :haha:

daddiesgift-it is nice to feel sexy, even when you're a planet (as my DH likes to call me when im knocked up :haha:) I always wanted the cute tops but they are so expensive here. But thats okay bc a lot of the "junior" clothing is very maternity looking, or so i have noticed. So i wear that with a long cami underneath. But its nice having real mat clothing and feeling hot! lol

Yeah thats my problem too I just cant see myself spending the money on maternity when I do not get to wear them that long. Last pregnancy I wore just size large shirts or my regular shirts but wearing them not pregnant I stretched out all my shirts :( then I lost a good amount of weight but now that my breasts are swelling and tummy is bloated it doesnt look so great :)

The girl I got them from got them offline but did not get them in time and they did not fit so I got shirts with tags on for $3! Go me..I was going to use my Mothers Day gift on maternity clothes but now I dont have to. What ever shall I make my husband do for me for mothers day :haha:

Go me..I was going to use my Mothers Day gift on maternity clothes but now I dont have to. What ever shall I make my husband do for me for mothers day :haha:
A big gorgeous diaper bag! That's what I was going to ask for, but dh surprised me early with a new camera

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->