'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

:hugs: its never easy to relocate :nope:
we did 2 yrs ago and still get it every once in a while

Where did you move from & would you ever go back? :shrug: Why did you relocate?

Did you leave all your family? :shrug:

I didn't relocate to a different country, or anything like that, so its probably a bit worse for you since you have to get used to new customs and that sort of thing. However, we moved 10 hours away from our family and friends. We went to Penn State and lived less than 45 minutes from there (middle of no where, central Pennsylvania, USA). We relocated to coastal New Hampshire, USA because my dh got a job offer with Liberty Mutual at their corporate IT office (he's a computer geek :comp: :haha:). We have so much student loan debt and jobs are scarce here, ATM, so we pretty much had to. It's a 10 hour drive if you straight shot it, but thats no fun so it usually turns into a 2 day drive to get there.

I have made some friends since then, but they have moved back north (where they are originally from), so now i dont even have them :( we are invlovled with a church though, so that helps. ...blows not having family around...i feel terrible that the boys will never really known their family...plus it would be nice to go to the movies and munch on soda and popcorn :blush: we've only gone on one date (alone) since DS1 was born....but eventually you get used to it....mostly we do EVERYTHING as a family now.

:wave:

Suffering a bit with 'homesickness' ~ I know lots of people would think I was mad for thinking about being back in the Uk....But I just cant shake these feelings :help:

We relocated overseas as well. So I know the homesick feeling. Why did you have to move?

We came from America to Germany two years ago. Imagine how that was! Thinking about coming here I got really excited, a new adventure, new things to see. Once we got here the excitement died and I just wanted to leave. I missed my friends, my family, my normal stores, food places, the weather, people who speak english. Germans are not as warm as I thought they would be :dohh: (who was a kidding doesnt everyone hate Americans?) so I had to deal with a language barrier and rudeness. Over all a huge culture shock and I just cried.

After a few months, and getting our car and furniture from the states helped a lot, we were able to get out more and see more things and visit new places and I enjoyed it. There was still times I just wished I was back in America and hated so much about it here.

We found out that we are leaving late July, early August to return back to America. At first I was sad which is odd, tho its so different here I will miss a lot of things about it. But more time goes on I can not leave this place fast enough! :haha: We have not even been able to visit home since we left so no one in our families have even met our son! Maybe if you can go home to visit sometimes you will feel better. Im not sure if you are staying there for life or if you will be returning home for good soon.

I would just tell myself the good things about it here when I wanted to go home, especially when I was pregnant with my son! I will miss the food, and the fests, markets, wine, easy and cheap traveling to other countries, fast driving, and all the swimbads everywhere. Though the weather here is not so great its nice they have big pools indoors everywhere. I will also really miss the pregnancy care I receive here. It is so much better than what I have ever heard anywhere else

But on a little rant ... :) things I WILL NOT miss... smoking EVERYWHERE. I do not think I have ever seen a no smoking sign here EVER. It was horrible when I was pregnant with my son constantly having smoke blown in my face. That you have to pay for every bath room you use. Whether it be in a town or on the side of a road gas station. Being pregnant and having to pay to pee can get pretty expensive. Ill not miss how rude people can be. Not even smiling at a baby, or holding the door for you. NOTHING. Ill not miss the lack of sunshine here, I need some vitamin D in my life! Ill not miss cobble stone, its a shock my son does not have baby shaken syndrome from riding in his stroller on these roads and side walks. Oh and tiny parking spaces LOL. We have a medium sized car which in America is small but here you would think we are driving a tank. Never finding a parking spot we do not have to climb out the windows at. Plus im tired of not having parking infront of where you want to go in instead of finding a parkplatz blocks away then walking just to buy one thing from the bakery.

There Im done :haha: I hope things get better for you, Im sure they will. It will never be home but you will come to enjoy and like things about it. Not sure how long you've been there but it gets better!:hugs:

the thought of moving 150 miles away sounds scary enough for me, so i cant begin to imagine what it's like relocating to a different country and for some of you, the other side of the world!

got to take Ruby out in the carrier today, it was amazing. i felt so close to her, which i know sounds silly, but having her so close to me like that felt different to something i'd ever experienced. i felt all emotional when we were walking and now i feel silly writing this :haha: wish i'd got a carrier with Charlie :( we may or may not have found ourselves in mamas and papas looking at all of their beautiful bedroom things for #3 :-$

no one's posted for a few days, i hope you're all okay! have a great weekend and those of you in the usa, have a great mothers day tomorrow

I have not been doing anything post worthy lately :) My husband made me breakfast this morning! which may be the first time in the 4 years we've married! Im not sure what we are doing tomorrow for mothers day, I just hope it is a good day. Ive been very tired today and twice out of no where Ive wanted to barf!

Haven't been posting much, besides my journal. An update: The twins will be 4 months on Wednesday and I'm excited to see how much they weigh. I think they're still petite for their age, but they started out at just over 5lbs, so that makes sense. I can see theyre growing out of clothes, so I know they're putting on weight. I'm so happy to still be exclusively breastfeeding them! I hope I can keep it up for a long time still. I let them try rice cereal and mushed bananas yesterday and they LOVED the banana. Andrew was a very enthusiastic eater from a young age too and now willingly eats more veggies and healthy foods than any other 2 year olds I know.

Ptty training is only half happening here. He'll use the potty a couple times a day, but never tells me he has to go and often refuses to try when I ask him.

I'd love to hear updates from you guys too!

wow, 4 months already!
Hayden is almost 12 weeks old now, the reflux seems to be much better and i'm sneaking the odd bottle of hungry baby in at bed time (he takes 6 x 8oz bottles a day....)
glad your boys are enjoying their food too, i'll be weaning about 17weeks too although i dont dare say that over in BC for fear of being lynched!!! :)

My baby has started to walk, sooooo proud of her it's untrue.

Baby no2 will be here next week, omg :wohoo:

No lynching here :hugs: I heard that they are changing the solids after 6 months recomendations anyways. It's changing to 4-6 months apparently.

Here are a couple articles supporting early weaning, if you're interested :)
[/url]]https://www.smh.com.au/national/health/back-to-the-future-on-breastfeeding-20120414-1x0gh.html[/url]

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/14/six-months-breastfeeding-babies-scientists

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1348093/So-IS-safest-time-wean-baby.html

Oh and Michelle, my twins are girls :haha:

Oh and Michelle, my twins are girls :haha:

I knew that as well! :dohh:

Well done to your LO sassy, my 15month old couldn't care less about walking!
Her condition can cause slow growth mentally and developmentally and I'm always blooming worrying, she is so bright tho.. I think she is concentrating on being a smarty pants instead of the physical stuff :)

Not looking forward to my LO walking..well maybe I am, that way he gets off the floor and all the places that gets him into to. Plus him trying to stand alone or trying to walk causes too many bruises for me :( he needs a helmet!

Speaking of smarty pants... :)

My 8 month old through a fit in the grocery store yesterday! I could not believe it. These last few days he has had quite the attitude. I was letting him chew on my pen and needed it back so I could mark some things off my list, I took it and he immediately shook the handle to the cart, threw his head back and started kicking his legs screaming! Not crying but screaming! So I tell him no and eventually hand the pen back. Later I go to take it and he has such a grip on it and grunts meanly at me and pulls it away FROM ME!! My little angel acted like a little brat.. at 8 months old!! I sure hope this is not a sign of the future. His new things is growling at us. I have NO IDEA where he got that at but when he gets mad he will hiss or growl, he even does it to his toys when he plays with them!

Sorry iv missed alot hard to keep up as I'm usin my iPhone, sassy are you bein induced? An good to hear poppy is walking! My wee misses has started to run an has realised how to kick aball lol

X

I have my sweep on Wednesday, of no luck I'll be induced on Friday :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"