'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

this doesnt apply to all of you but to those with older children, when did you transition your lo to a cot bed/bed from their cot? Charlie hasn't ever tried to climb out of his cot but we're moving house in a few weeks, if not sooner, so we're thinking about just making his cot into a cot bed for our first night in our new house.

this doesnt apply to all of you but to those with older children, when did you transition your lo to a cot bed/bed from their cot? Charlie hasn't ever tried to climb out of his cot but we're moving house in a few weeks, if not sooner, so we're thinking about just making his cot into a cot bed for our first night in our new house.

DS1 is 20 months and he is still in his crib. Though yesterday i saw him climb pretty close to over it, so i may be transitioning him soon.
A lot of ppl i know do it around age 2, but some were a little before that for safety reasons.

thanks guppy! i usually end up jinxing myself - just days before Ruby was born i posted here on BnB about how i wanted to meet her (or words to that effect!) and what do i know, she arrives earlier than planned, so with that in mind Charlie will be out of his cot any second now, haha

Connor just got his new big boy bed last Saturday. We didn't do much of a transition. On Saturday we kept telling him that his big boy bed was coming, and then he watched as they put it together.
That night it took about 30 minutes, and him getting out of bed about 15 times, before he finally went to sleep. Everytime he got up I would just remind him that it was bedtime and he needed to get back in his big boy bed, and he would turn around and go back in. The 2nd night he only got out of bed 2 times.

Hi ladies! Wow I have not been on here in ages, Been absolutely shattered, both girls have totally different routines, and ruby is so hard to settle. Whenever i come in to post my brain turns to mush and nothing makes sense. Finally ruby is having a sleep and Ella is playing quietly so i have a free minute where I am feeling somewhat awake :p

I hope everyone is doing great, I must go and start my parenting journal at some stage, gosh i havnt even posted my birth story yet. Ella was such an easy baby, miss Roo is a different story lol

How do/did you ladies keep baby from jumping all over you belly while pregnant? My son is 8 months old and likes to me held and played with and though I try to keep him away from where I think the baby is at this point (under belly button) he still finds a way to stomp me somehow. He was just sitting on my lap and we were practicing blowing kisses and waiving by and he got excited and kicked me right in the stomach where I think baby is and then I hurt for a second :(

Im trying to teach him "soft" which he does great with other children/babies never pulling hair, poking or hitting I just dont think he gets why he needs to be soft with me. I just worry about new baby! Especially when he falls asleep on me he knees me in his sleep or if he is in bed with me in his sleep he always kicks me somehow.

I just dont want to not hold him or play with him, he is just a baby and doesnt understand I just worry. Im already sad thinking of when my belly will be real big I wont be able to hold him as much and have to be more careful.

Thanks girls, anniversary was lovely, we went to some fancy restaurant last night which was the last thing I felt upto but it was nice to get out!

Talking big beds already, it's scary how quickly time goes!

Poppy still sits all over my bump, she pretty gentle though so its been ok, I think just keeping up with the "soft" he will understand more and more.x

Daddiesgift- Ella knocked my bump around Abit I always said she would come out dented lol. I just protected myself as much as I could, and encouraged her to play gentle around mummy. It's hard though when you can't get down on the floor and roll around with them.

Ella is still using the cot which I'm going to need very soon! She has a big bed but just won't stay in it :dohh:

Lauren climbed all over my bump lol

Lauren was in a proper bed at 11 month and Emily was 14 month in her cotbed

thanks everyone, we're going to keep him in his cot until he's ready.

looks like we're moving next weekend! 4 weeks earlier than planned but it feels like months earlier. thankfully we don't have too much stuff to take, the most annoying things will be furniture. Ruby is still in her moses basket which has turned out well since we don't have her cot to dismantle, but we'll have to take Charlie's apart and have him in our bed for a few days before we move. exciting but scary at the same time!

I have no idea when my son will be able to sleep in a regular bed. He is a WILD sleeper haha. But I do hate him standing up shaking the side as hard as he can when he wants out. I guess we will switch him when he is ready and I dont think he will roll right off the bed. The crib we have switches to a toddler bed you just take the sides off and it lowers really close to the ground, I love it! I got the same one for the new baby on the way too.

daddiesgirf m dauhter is alost 6 months old and she kicks my blly all the time and i worry but my doctor said it will be ok becuase ur boy is used to it

I worry about connie jumping on me but then think he's got plenty of protection in there and there's no explaining to a 10 month old lol she also cuddles it which is cute :) x

Isaiah used to jump on me ALL of the time. And he does it now too :wacko: But i noticed as my bump got bigger, he became less obnoxious. He actually would come over and lightly tap my stomach and then kiss it....but most of all he loved watching it jiggle :rofl:
Def the bigger i got, the less he jumped. He must have figured something out, although in the first trimester we had to holler a few times at him. it did get better though.

Thanks ladies, at least I know I'm not alone! He's a wild man :haha:

I don't know if its from just having a baby but does anyone else seem to have had symptoms come on really early?? With my son late 2nd trimester till the end I had horrible heart burn. Never suffered from it before except pregnancy, and last night I had it BAD! So bad I puked a little when I got out of bed to go to the bath room. I did not eat anything to bring it on. I had cereal, a chicken sandwich, then a turkey sand wich and a handful of regular chips. So nothing spicy. I also feel like im already showing though I have not gained anything, my pants are tight. Im also have major muscle cramps that I had later on with my son so doctor told me now to take more magnesium like I had to do with son.

I not only had MORE symptoms the 2nd time around, but i also had the ones that i had the 1st time around again and they were worse. I have two boys.

Yes! I had really bad heartburn first Trimester only had it a few times in second tri but it's started coming back (mostly when i eat too much) I'm massive! And showed really early. Last pregnancy for me :haha:

Sassy - Happy Anniversary for yesterday :)

Erin - we moved Stephen to a bed at 18 months :)

Daddiesgift - this time I've had heartburn really early! This whole pregnancy is SO different to the boys!

:wave:

Suffering a bit with 'homesickness' ~ I know lots of people would think I was mad for thinking about being back in the Uk....But I just cant shake these feelings :help:

:hugs: its never easy to relocate :nope:
we did 2 yrs ago and still get it every once in a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"