'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

hey fides congratz and glad to see anther november 2011 mommy in here w/ me!!

yay!!! so cool!!! :happydance:

i'm hoping to learn a bunch of tricks in here, lol!

Hey all:) I have two :pink: 14 1/2 months apart exactly, and now expecting again :yellow: (should know for sure within the month!) in november, and the gap will be 34 months on that one. I will have a 4 yo, a 3 yo, and an infant! oy!:flower:

welcome to our new members :wave:

it's hard to believe Charlie is now 17 months. where does time go?! he is still rear-facing as he is still small (tiny!) enough to use his car seat that he's had from birth, the maxi cosi pebble, but we're looking for recommendations for a forward facing car seat. if you have any suggestions we'd appreciate it!

hope you've all had a good day, we're all a bit poorly today. we've had some busy days over the week so its finally caught up with us so we're all a bit run down and feeling sorry for ourselves! rest day tomorrow i think :)

welcome to our new members :wave:

it's hard to believe Charlie is now 17 months. where does time go?! he is still rear-facing as he is still small (tiny!) enough to use his car seat that he's had from birth, the maxi cosi pebble, but we're looking for recommendations for a forward facing car seat. if you have any suggestions we'd appreciate it!

hope you've all had a good day, we're all a bit poorly today. we've had some busy days over the week so its finally caught up with us so we're all a bit run down and feeling sorry for ourselves! rest day tomorrow i think :)

DS is in Britax Evolva 123 now. He is still light enough for his first one but he's not comfy in it (cries). I kinda wish we'd got an extended rear facing but they're so expensive :(

My son will be 9 months old tomorrow which is sad enough! :cry: Three more months and he will be a year old how sad! He has been in a convertible car seat since 4-5 months, mostly because he kept trying to sit up in the carriage and it was pissing him off. Plus at the moment we live on the fourth floor and carrying him up in that got unbearable on my shoulders. He really loves his car seat now though we have this one, the safety first air.

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-C...1OI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337922389&sr=8-1

LOVE IT! He is still rear facing but as soon as he is one he is going forward facing! I know it may be safer for him to stay rear facing longer but since the law is a year and lately he has been restless in the backseat with nothing to look at,but if we get back there with him or roll down the window he is happy. So I think facing forward and seeing us and out the window will make him more entertained :) next week is his 9 month appointment I cant wait to see how big he is! at his 6 month appointment he was 18 pounds. He is a big boy but a skinny boy for sure just like his dad :dohh:. This morning I put his foot up against mine and my 9 month olds foot is HALF of my foot! No wonder he wears 24 month socks!:kiss:

you're all quiet, hope you're all okay.

we've had such a busy week, Charlie slept for 14 hours on thursday night! couldn't believe he didn't get up on friday until 10am! he obviously needed a huge rest :haha: we went to see the olympic torch yesterday. it was great being part of the atmosphere there and i really only went so i can say to Charlie and Ruby they were there when it came to Cardiff (when they're older of course :lol:), but it was so busy and people are not considerate of those with children! so we came home but not before we bought a paddling pool and have spent most of the past 24 hours splashing around in the garden :thumbup:

Hiii,

it's because the weather has been so lovely, everyone has been out! We went to the park for a bit, came back and then went to the MILs just before dinner. Now I'm spralled out on the sofa exhausted. Plus, my OH has been suspended from work (which is the last thing we need) and he keeps going on how he doesn't want to go back and he wants to change careers. Yes, it's been lovely having him about (as his job was basically making him work 8am-midnight nearly everyday!), but we have rent and bills to pay - so we can't afford for him to lose this job until he definitely has another one. It does feel like he's having some sort of midlife crisis but he won't admit it; apparently, he's just fed up of working in the pub trade :shrug:

WOW well done Charlie!!!! 14 hours sleep is amazing! We average 12 hours each for the boys depending on how mcuh they've done during the day. When we stay in they have rubbish sleep, but if we get them out they will sleep well. *touch wood*. Plus, it took us months to get Henry to sleep like he does now - he would only used to nap for 5-10 minutes at a time now we have a 2 hour morning nap, 1 hour afternoon which for us is amazing progress!

oooh the Olympic torch! Exciting!!! Did you get pics?

sorry to hear about your OH's job, i hope he's able to find a better job as the hours sound as if they're far from 'nice' hours, so i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that he's able to find something soon.

i couldn't believe that Charlie wouldn't wake up! i just left him to sleep because he was clearly exhausted and needed a rest. it was so busy at the olympic torch relay that i didnt even have time to think about pictures! i wish i had taken a few but people were so inconsiderate of me with the pushchair and it was hot too, so we were all uncomfortable in the heat, especially Charlie who doesn't cope too well when a bit of sun comes out! i really wish i hadn't gone as it was a lot more hassle than it was worth, but i took them for the experience even though one of them slept the entire way through it! :rolleyes:

ohh wow i'd completly forgot about the olympics you know lol, guess its all going on back home. I've booked my flights now for the 13th June (not sure if i've already put on this thread that i'm returning to the UK from living in Cyprus :/ ) and now i can't wait. We are coming back to such uncertanty and i'll be just over 28 weeks pregnant so have a lot to sort out before this bubba is born but im still looking forward to being around my friends and having the familiarity of uk midwifes etc. I really never realised how lucky we are to have things like the NHS (i know it sounds a joke but at least we know if our babies are sick there is treatment right there for them, here everything costs so much) and midwifes.

Here if your baby is taken to scbu its in the capital city which is over an hour away and you are only allowed to visit 2 hours a day :(

DH and I have both quit work now and after moviong our last few bits into my mums today we can have a nice 2 week holiday to take lo to the beach etc (all the things we were planning to do before work got in the way) and have some nice us time :)

:wave: Sorry I haven't posted much. 3 little ones is busy! Hope you are all well. Not too much new over here. The twins are starting solids and potty training is going reasonably well.

We are doing well over this way. Started using cloth diapers on my son, so far we like them! Diapers became way to expensive and since we are adding another one to the mix might as well try it out now!

sorry i've been a bit quiet too, its been a busy few days. apple, how is potty training going? i hope the use of cloth diapers is still going well daddiesgift :thumbup:

i need your opinions on something ladies. i'm fully aware im being a bit unreasonable so its fine if you tell me just that ;) i am grateful though, please don't think i'm not! i have family living in Spain who have begged us since Charlie was born to go and visit them. we hadn't been able to visit for so many reasons but promised we would as soon as we could. along came Ruby and again, they were begging us to visit but we explained that we'd get the children passports and depending on how things went, we may have visited sometime this year. so, both tiddlywinks have passports and about 5 days ago, i was talking to my aunt (in Spain) about OH's exams etc, when we're free and i wake up to find they've booked us flights out there! not only that, the flights are for 10 days time! now please don't get me wrong, i am so appreciative of the fact they've got us flights out there (they said they were 'cheap' flights, but i don't know to what extent) and the fact that they're willing to have us in their home but im a bit annoyed! they've assumed that we want to go (which we do, we are grateful for this trip) and that we actually are free, as currently OH is either commuting to uni for revision/lectures/exams, or is practically locked away in our room revising like crazy - a week off would have meant time together as a family! not only that its an almost 6 hour flight as we have to stop, probably not the best thing to take a 15 month old and an 11.5 week old on! can you understand why i'm angry? would you be the same? apparently im being ridiculously unreasonable!

I don't think I would be angry more aggravated. They were just meaning well and I'm sure they thought it would be a great treat for you. Its hard I think you have the right to feel the way you do, if my family or husbands family did that I would be aggravated cause they dont have to get the babies ready and fly with the babies and take care of the babies ect. They shouldve asked you first

Yeah the thought is nice in theory.... but in principle it's not been thought through properly. I dunno how you turn down free flights though :shrug:

i just have to reinforce that both OH and i are appreciative of my family's gesture and we are looking forward to the trip, i didn't want anyone to think i was acting like a spoiled child over this thing. as the day has progressed we are becoming more excited about it and seeing as its our first family holiday, we're going to make it a good one! angry was the wrong word to use earlier, annoyed would have been the better word but at the time i couldn't think of the appropriate term :haha:

moving on..how are you all today? it's been cooler here in Wales but warm still. we've been out in the garden so much over the past few days, more time has been spent outside than inside i think!

8 days till we hopefully find out gender fxed for us!! I really feel girl but at this point I have no idea!

Hope all you mamas/baby's an bumps are well.

Iv been missing for a while sorry :/

Me an both girls are well Rosalie was weighed yesterday by HV an is finally above her birth weight by 1oz MW is out today to weigh an check her swollen breasts. Eva is such a sweet big sister if Rosalie makes a peep, she straight over saying aww baby shhh an gently rocks her Boucher, she melts my heart! Altho she isn't to keen on holding an touching Rosalie yet, she's pretty content just doing her own thing.

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/crazyco-co/01e466e0.jpg

Still waiting for my baby here. 6 days overdue and had a sweep attempted today which was failed as my cervix is too poserior :( Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->