'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Me! What a fab night! And I slept til 10 and got a full English cooked for me :) head only a little sore today.....

aww Glad you had a good night!! :) :) What is a night out again?! lol

and a full English ... SHARE!! hmmm bacon

Hi everyone :D Just happened to stumble upon this thread. I've been crazy busy, but once in a while I get time to sit n browse/chat lol.

Anyways, I'm a mother of 4. I have a 13 yr old...and then I got crazy and broody lol..Now have a 21 month old and twin 8 month olds! They are 13 months apart. 3 under 2..now thats fun :haha:

Afternoon ladies!

Welcome PeaceLoveBaby :wave: Wow, twins, that must've been a surprise!

How are we all? We're having a lazy day today after a busy week. Tiddlywinks are asleep, might even have a nap myself!

Hiii Erin! :) Lazy days are the best :) :)

I've been busy today :( So got home at 3.15pm (left the flat at 9am!!!) and literally lay on my bed and felt so ill. I can hardly move now from walking about a lot and driving and just ache all over :( Luckily, my OH was off

Hello!

What's it like? Feels like a neverending daycare job :haha:

It's lovely tho really. The newborn/non-sleeping stage was beyond difficult and I was convinced I had lost my mind a few times then. But now that sleep training has worked and they have settled into our little (well, big) family..life is good :) The 21 month old is a bit jealous here and there, but I try to spend quality time with her. SHE isn't sleeping well but never has. :(

Nice to meet yall :) !!!

Hiii Erin! :) Lazy days are the best :) :)

I've been busy today :( So got home at 3.15pm (left the flat at 9am!!!) and literally lay on my bed and felt so ill. I can hardly move now from walking about a lot and driving and just ache all over :( Luckily, my OH was off

:hugs:

Hey girls,

Erin - Howe the wedding plans coming along?

Charlie - I hope you got a decent nights sleep after your busy day yesterday.

Kelly - Hows it going with the move? Can't even imagine how much you've got to do, moving in the same country is bad enough!

Kitty - I saw your thread in the toddler section and just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and lil finley, I hope his appointment comes through quickly so you can get this all put behind you.

AFM: we are all doing well, I'd say I'm only having 1 bad day out of 7 now which is pretty good I think, I've lost over 3 stone of my baby weight and just have a other stone to lose, I know I'll feel so much happier once I've lost it as carrying extra weight makes me miserable!!
We've booked our first family holiday to Cyprus next may and I cannot wait already, we're having a mini break to centreparcs in September also!
We're having the children christened together in October or November, we have out meeting at the church next month then we can get it all booked!
AND in more exciting news, we put in an offer on a house yesterday and it was accepted :wohoo:

Mummy question- what age (if you did) did you use cc/CIO? I have never ever had to do it with poppy but I have a feeling it'll be different with Zac! I know it's a long way off but I need to fully prepare/understand if it ever comes to that! X

Sassy ... we never had to do it with Stephen, but Henry got so used to screaming between 7pm - midnight everynight that we had no choice as we knew it was for attention by that point. We started at 4/5 months. I KNOW they say don't do it before 6 months, but when it worked (after a week), he started having proper naps rather than 10 minute cat naps and started going to bed at a decent time .. it worked for us and he turned from a really angry baby to a happy little boy - so for us it was worth it.

WOW 3 stone!!! That's amazing! :) and yaaaaaay for teh holiday/house/christening!! SOunds like you've got an exciting year ahead of you! :)

Thanks Charlie, it's good to hear some positive stories re cc, I do hope it doesn't come to that though!!

Yep busy exciting year ahead, one that doesn't involve pregnancy and newborns for once :rofl:

I never wanted to do it either - but we had run out of ideas, so we both agreed to try it and if after a week it hadn't worked to find another solution. I know a few mum's who had a baby the same time as Henry from here who I talk to regularly did it too, and they also had success from doing it. It just depends on the baby really. :)

we did CIO when Tabitha was 8 months. she went from sleeping and self settling to not even going into her bed and i was having to go to bed at 9pm and have her lie beside me wriggling and playing til she fell asleep... this went on for 3 weeks and being pregnant i needed her to be back into her own bed and routine!
If we went into re-settle her it only made her worse so we basically muted the monitor.... we can hear her from downstairs tho, we aren't completely heartless!
20mins one night, 10 the next, few mins on the 3rd night then completely back to normal!

Urm we went in every 5 minutes, calmed him down and left... then after 2 days it went to 10 minutes and the maximum is 15 minutes. If he started crying as we walked out, the 5 minutes started again ... by day 7, he took a couple of minutes crying then straight to sleep and now he's pretty much the same (but not crying!). We still have to use it occasionally, but other than that he goes down really well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->