'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

You don't at all Michelle! I'd rather do that than have a kid that won't sleep!x

Charlie- hows the dummy weaning going with Stephen?x

Charlie - I hope you're not too tired today and that you were able to get some rest last night.

Sassy - yes, we've been able to sort so much of the wedding! Venue is booked and we've actually got very little left to do! Need to get my dress (though I have found the one I want), best friend's bridesmaids dress (she's due 6 weeks before the wedding - nightmare!), send out invites and look at honeymoons. Aside from that, we're pretty much set. 277 days to go! :happydance: We didn't ever do CIO with Charlie, Ruby sleeps through the night and we haven't had to do with her but I hope some of the other ladies are able to help you :flower:

Michelle - you don't sound cruel at all!

Don't you just love a bargain? I know I do! We were shopping at ASDA earlier and some nappies had been put in the wrong place and we got almost 300 for £20 :thumbup: Got the tiddylinks weighed today too. 21lbs 5oz and 9lb 3.5oz respectively. Small but healthy!

Almost the weekend, has anyone got anything exciting planned? :)

Hiii Erin! :) I did get sleep the night before, but last night Stephen decided to be awake from 1am - 5am .... have NO idea why, but then he wouldn't nap today either. MIL has them both tonight as I need to completely clean this flat for our flat inspection on Tuesday - but I'm really really missing them :(

Also need to wrap the last of Henry's presents up .. MIL had a go at me for getting Stephen a small present to open on his birthday because apparently, they should all open the presents - so Stephen should be able to open Henry's on his birthday and Henry should be able to open Stephen's on Stephen's birthday. I was like SERIOUSLY?! We don't work like that- it isn't Stephen's birthday!! :dohh: I didn't even want to get him a small present to open as I personally don't agree with it, but he's too little to understand right now WHY Henry has presents and he doesn't.

Erin - that time will FLY by!!!!!!!! Where are you thinking of going on honeymoon? :)

I agree Charlie, I don't think the other should get presents when it's not there bday!

Erin - glad all the plans are coming along so quickly! Are you taking the kiddies on honeymoon? Can we have a sneak pic of your dress?x

I have a fab weekend planned, I'm off down to another b&b girls house for a night out, we've met up many times now and are practically best friends. I can't wait for a few drinks.

We have got him one small present because of his age (a backpack) ... but it was the fact she said they should be able to open each other's presents. NOOOO!!!! Next year Stephen won't get a present because hopefully, he'll be able to understand. STupid woman - she does my head in lol..

ahh only just seen your post, urm the dummy weaning is fine during the day .... but rubbish at night. I don't know how to make him sleep without it :shrug:

ooh have a lovely night tonight! :) :)

I hadn't ever considered giving another child a present when it their siblings birthday, though as Charlie said, if the 'non-birthday' child doesn't understand why they're getting presents it might make things a bit easier.

Speaking of birthday's, we're in a bit of a pickle about what to do. Charlie is born on Christmas Eve and he deserves to have presents for his birthday and Christmas, but we're worried that people may just give him one present for both and so he'll only get to celebrate one occasion. We're considering celebrating his birthday at a different point in the year, maybe just a month earlier but as much as in the summer, so he's able to have a party and celebrate with friends as we're imagining people generally aren't available for parties in Christmas week. Does this make sense? Someone I know is born on December 27th and always celebrated her birthday earlier in the year (sometimes in the summer, it changed every year) but she was older so she understood that it wasn't really her birthday then! We don't want to make it confusing for Charlie as he grows up, but we don't want him to miss out either. What would you all do?

Right now we're clueless about the honeymoon! No idea where we want to go and we want to take Charlie and Ruby, or at least we think we do. Neither of us can imagine going away without them but it is our honeymoon, so do we want a week away alone? Ah so hard to decide.

Charlie, have you tried completely not offering the dummy at all at night?

Attached a pic of the dress I'm hoping to get, though haven't bought it yet :thumbup:

Attachments

• Dress.JPG
    Dress.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
The dress is all one colour rather than two as it looks in the pic - the bottom half isn't a champagne colour but is actually white like the stop! Silly website pic doesn't do it justice!

That's a really beautiful dress Erin!

My birthday is December 28 and when I was really little we used to celebrate in the summer, but then as I got older (probably by the time I was 6 or 7) we just celebrated on the actual day. I never really had parties with school friends though because they usually weren't available then, but it was okay you just sort of get used to it. I always felt that having your birthday near Christmas is special in it's own way anyway.

That dress is GORGEOUS! Wow .. it actually is beautiful :) When do you think you'll buy it?

Me and OH discussed about honeymoons when and if we get married .. and we said although we love the boys to pieces and they are part of us, we'd honeymoon alone as it was our wedding day if that makes sense, and we deserve time as a Mr and Mrs, rather than mum and dad. We even spoke about 7-10 days away for us and then doing something special with the children afterwards. But it's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable doing. :)

ooh I'd maybe do it a few weeks before - so have a party for him and then you can do your stuff on his birthday and then Christmas.

Yeah we tried doing it but he wakes up at 2am crying and crying for it. . . . whereas when MIL had him a couple of weeks ago - she said he slept all night and didn't wake up for it :shrug:

Thank you both, I love it, obviously! Not sure when I'm going to buy it, sooner rather than later I think so probably within the next few weeks.

Charlie doesn't have any friends so for now, there is no party but he'll be starting nursery after Christmas and so he may begin to have parties with the friends he makes there. We were discussing what to get him for his birthday and that's how the topic of when to celebrate his birthday came up, as we feel like it'd be pointless getting him anything like a scooter or garden toys as it'll be cold and possibly snowing when he gets them so would be useless. Going to look at getting him some gardens toys now as a birthday present, so he can use them while it's summer. Well, supposed to be summer anyway! We'll always make his birthday special we just don't want him to miss out as he grows up. OH and I are both summer babies (born in June and July) so we've always been able to have a party of some sort, but December 24th isn't exactly the ideal birthday party date!

Charlie, have you tried explaining to Stephen that he's a big boy now and that he doesn't need his dummy? Perhaps mention Henry needing a dummy because he is a baby? I've read that a lot of people make reference to a dummy fairy coming and taking dummies away which could work?

:haha: well MIL had them last night ... and guess what - the little sod slept all night without a dummy!!!! :shrug: So, he's going down without one tonight. Only problem is with no dummy, he isn't napping now, but he's shattered? They just get complicated the older they get!

aww Charlie won't miss out :) Plus, you could do his birthday party jsut as the school holidays start when he's at school etc, so he'll always have a party near his birthday :)

How do you ladies do it! I dont know if because Im pregnant im more irritated and tired but I think the last few days Ive been one melt down away from having my own melt down!! Just when I think that having two babies wont be so bad dealing with just the one here gets so tiring I dont know how Ill cope. Since Daddy got home last week my son will do everything in his power NOT to nap, or even go to bed at bed time for that matter, which makes for a crying, whiny day..ALL DAY LONG. Tomorrow we are having a "date day" first time ever leaving my son with anyone and I really hope it goes well cause I need a mini break. I have no idea how Ill cope with two babies that wake up at night, and my son is almost a year old shouldnt he be sleeping all night by now with out having to eat? He will maybe once a week but he will wake up at 4am :wacko:

I also hate feeding time, for some reason his signal he is done eating is throwing food on the floor, at home and out to eat :growlmad: makes me not want to take him out anymore. Half the time he freaks out in the car seat anyways. Sometimes I feel so blessed to have such a good baby but this last week Im going to tear my hair out. It seems the older he gets the more ornery and independent in a bad way.

Sorry ladies Im just in need of a vent before I lose my marbles. I think it would be okay if I was not having #2 now I just think Im going to really lose it when he arrives :cry: As soon as the placenta is out Im going to be requesting my glass of wine and birth control!

That's a really beautiful dress Erin!

My birthday is December 28 and when I was really little we used to celebrate in the summer, but then as I got older (probably by the time I was 6 or 7) we just celebrated on the actual day. I never really had parties with school friends though because they usually weren't available then, but it was okay you just sort of get used to it. I always felt that having your birthday near Christmas is special in it's own way anyway.

I had this same problem as my birthday is December 23rd ..I never got to celebrate at school or with friends since it was always christmas break.

Aww daddies gift :hugs: we all have days like that!
Tabitha still throws her stuff on the floor when finished, for lunch she always get a sandwich so it's easy to just grab a dustpan and brush to sweep quickly! Dinner time OH feeds her and she has a spoon to 'feed' herself, makes it much less a battle!
I don't know what to suggest for the sleeping, T was a brill sleeper, except an 8 month blip which CIO worked for. Nowadays she only napS only once 12-2ish and goes to bed at 6... Perhaps you just need to start some sort of sleep training now and be firm with it? Easier said than done tho! And I won't lie, it was so hard when Hayden was born, even though it was only a year ago I had a newborn I'd completely forgotten! But it does get better, and Hayden was so much better/predictable at 4 months... And tbh 4 months flies by, and before you know it they'll both Sttn :)

my wee Rosalie has been poorly the past 2 days bless her :( not keeping her milk down and abit gorgy

on a lighter note tho i got there pics taken on thursday altho Rosalie was comfy and was asleep for most of them lol
also my eldest won a photo competition and we are waiting on a £30 hamper full of the companys baby products :D

seems like im loosing more hair that growing at the minute aswell :(
daddiesgift my daughters birthday is 23rd aswell :D we had a party last year it went well and everyone made it thankfully x

Daddiesgift - he's at the age where he's testing you and seeing where his boundaries are. Ignore the food throwing, and don't make a fuss when cleaning it up etc, because he wants your reaction. I also find Henry food throws if he's full or bored. He can't tell you himself he's full, so his way of communicating with you is to throw it away. Just remove the tray/plate, clean him up and get him out quickly and see if that helps?

He is also at the age where he could be waking for food for habit ... my friend's LB did that and she said she just offered him watered down milk, then water and he just grew out of hte habit as there was nothing worth waking up for.

I'm sure all of us can tell you - there are some days we want to pull our hair out - you'll be fine and always have us to rant/moan/cry/laugh with over it all :)

Poppy does the same when she's had enough food, I watch for signs that she's getting full now then ask her "are you finished?" she now smiles then I take the food away.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->