• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Sounds like me Giftmum! Tried for 18 months for #1 and first time TTC#2 got a bfp when #1 was 7 months so they're 15 months apart as well!

How are you getting on bookity? My dd is 15 months now and needs so much attention! I hope she'll calm down by 19 months lol.

Yeah we picked a name, Joel :)

Well, right now my MIL is helping a LOT and doing most everything for the older one. Feeding her meals, bathing her, putting her to bed... I really need to start taking responsibility back as she's going out of town on the 13th and wont be back til the 16th or 17th and my husband starts back to work on the 12th. I need to get some practice in with it being just the three of us before I get shocked by it when she goes!

How many of you had complications with your subsequent pregnancies? I'm on a lifting ban but with an 11 month old who wants to be carried everywhere or needs to be constantly picked up and moved before she crawls into the road I don't see how I'm supposed to comply :/ seeking out people who have been in similar positions.

Know how you feel ndh! I had severe SPD with Zac and couldn't do anything with pops, I was house bound and just managed as best as I could, I sat on the floor and fed her instead if putting her in her high chair, made hubby take her down in the morning and bring her up at night, pops wanted carrying a lot too but she soon realised I couldn't and it actually made her a lot more independent!

I had a little boy born on the 2nd december and so far my 25month old loves him. They look so cute together so really hope it continues.

My LOs close in age ;)
https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/d287b017a064622b6aba62401624db12.jpg

Everytime I feel overwhelmed with the two babies (like last night when they both didn't want to go to sleep), I tell my husband "NO MORE BABIES". So far, even when not overwhelmed, I still feel this way. I really feel complete with 2.

Hi Ladies please can I join you? I have Phoebe who is 3 and Hayley who is 22 Months old. When Hayley was born, Phoebe had turned 15 months old 3 days earlier.

As alot of you have said yes it is very hard and tiring at first but it is so worth it. My girls are so close its unbelievable. When Hayley falls over or bangs into something Phoebe will say "Oh my sweetheart, you ok. What did you do?" and then gives her a massive cuddle and kiss. The love they have for each other is great they both say goodnight to each other, morning and give each other kisses and cuddles all the time. When you ask Phoebe if she loves her sister she tells you "i love Hayley more and more and more like lellytots. She is my sister, my best friend and my girl."

They play so well together and Phoebe likes to help Hayley and show her how to do things. Yesterday she turned round to Hayley and said "look Hayley,you do it like this"

I love the small gap now but at first I did wonder what we had done.

Everytime I feel overwhelmed with the two babies (like last night when they both didn't want to go to sleep), I tell my husband "NO MORE BABIES". So far, even when not overwhelmed, I still feel this way. I really feel complete with 2.

Im so with you on that one, when they wont go to sleep or they are being little terrors and 'tag-teaming' me I am definitely glad we are having no more and I dont regret the decision to have the operation. I love my girls to bits but I dont want to be out numbered or even have to go back to the newborn stage and having to do everything all over again. I love the fact they are so independent and can feed themselves, dress themselves etc

When someone I know announces their pregnant or give birth I still get jealous and wish that we could do that all over again but then I remember the hard work, sleepless nights and the puke. :blush:

What were your older babies like when the new one arrived? I am really proud so far of how good Isla has been with her little brother, we have only had one or two touchy moments where she has wanted a cuddle while I am trying to feed him.

Also how have you handled trips out of the house on your own when both children are so small? Today was my first trip to a toddler group with both of mine and Isla just wanted to sit on my knee the whole time, yet because we couldn't have our prams close I also had to have Cohen in my arms the whole time too. It wasn't a problem until Isla was pushed over by a bigger boy and needed extra comfort. Does anyone have any tips?

Xxx

Do you have a sling you could wear Cohen in so your hands are free to help with Isla?

I don't, I have been thinking about it recently though. I wouldn't know where to start in terms of what to go for though xx

Would they let you taken the baby in the car seat sailor girl? Or do you walk? Sometimes I've taken Zac in his so I have somewhere to put him! Or I ask for help, the leaders are normally great and I often leave one or the other whilst one needs nappy changes etc!

I had a sling for Zac and couldn't have lived without it in the early days. God I forgot how hard they were!x

I don't, I have been thinking about it recently though. I wouldn't know where to start in terms of what to go for though xx

The natural parenting forum is a good place to start. Or find out if there's a sling meet near you where you could get hands on advice :).

I'm getting close to having my little one close in age I'm one cm dialated not effaced and baby is minus three

apple, that pic is tooooo cute!!!

Bookity, our 2nd LO isn't even here yet, but i feel the same and keep telling DH no more! :haha:

firefly, thank you for sharing that about your girls - i keep worrying about how my son is going to be with his younger brother b/c he's a clingy/fussy/sensitive baby - reading that made me smile. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->