• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Everytime I feel overwhelmed with the two babies (like last night when they both didn't want to go to sleep), I tell my husband "NO MORE BABIES". So far, even when not overwhelmed, I still feel this way. I really feel complete with 2.

SAME! Totally the same.

Hi ladies! I had my 2nd boy Anthony Lucas November 20th at 39 weeks. He weighed 8 pounds 13 ozs, 19 inches long. We are all doing well and I have to say its MUCH easier this time around. We are dealing with a protein allergy but we also did with my oldest so its not too overwhelming.

My oldest WAS doing great with baby now he will not leave him alone, EVER!! He has to cover him, uncover him, take pacifier out, shove it back in, throw stuff at him, "kiss" him (head butting). Drives me insane!! Baby will be sleeping so I go to get things around house done but Dominic wakes him every time. It use to be cute but now its just annoying. I try not to yell at him as I don't want him to resent baby but I can see him becoming jealous and it makes me so sad. When I'm holding baby he will try and get in my lap, even tho all four of us co sleep and I sleep between both babies he will wake up crying and crawl on me to sleep, I see him staring at us holding baby so I'll kiss and hug him too.

Ugh I hear you! My son was like that with his sisters too. He's almost three now though and it seems to have gone away, but it used to be terrible. He's wake them up in the swing or bouncy chair. I even had to gate the twins' room, because he would go in there yelling "wake up babies! I wan to play with you!" :dohh: cute, but not so cute when you're desperate to get something done around the house

Hi ladies! I had my 2nd boy Anthony Lucas November 20th at 39 weeks. He weighed 8 pounds 13 ozs, 19 inches long. We are all doing well and I have to say its MUCH easier this time around. We are dealing with a protein allergy but we also did with my oldest so its not too overwhelming.

My oldest WAS doing great with baby now he will not leave him alone, EVER!! He has to cover him, uncover him, take pacifier out, shove it back in, throw stuff at him, "kiss" him (head butting). Drives me insane!! Baby will be sleeping so I go to get things around house done but Dominic wakes him every time. It use to be cute but now its just annoying. I try not to yell at him as I don't want him to resent baby but I can see him becoming jealous and it makes me so sad. When I'm holding baby he will try and get in my lap, even tho all four of us co sleep and I sleep between both babies he will wake up crying and crawl on me to sleep, I see him staring at us holding baby so I'll kiss and hug him too.

congrats! i noticed your ticker has the birth year of 20011 for Dominic. :)

congrats! i noticed your ticker has the birth year of 20011 for Dominic. :)

awe crud! And I just now got around to fixing it..wonder how long it will be till I fix it again :winkwink:

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been so awol - Stephen poured juice on the laptop amd broke it, so havn't been able to get on!

Bear with me on catchingup - I can't remember who asked but getting out - we try to get out most days. Phoebe is either in the sling/pram, Stephen tends to walk, Henry is in the pram as he'll just run off given the chance lol. We've been to groups and playcentres, shopping, out for lunch etc and it's been pretty easy so far :) It gets easier :)

Kelly . That sucks about the move!

Apple - your 3 are mega cute!

Congrats on all the new arrivals!

Hey all just popping in to say hi n that Angelyca Grace arrived by schedule c section on 12/22/12 weighing four pounds eight ounces 19 inch long. She is long and skinny but perfect. Angelyca n Aaryella e exactly 13 months 3 days apart. N my mom got to see her born. Out of my moms 11 grand.children this is the first one she got to see born my mom said it was best xmas present she could have ever got n she got to cut cord. It was amazing experiencing that with my Mom

Hey just found this thread. I have a five month old and twenty one month old. Jealous of the ladies with only 10-12 months between them!!

Congratulations, what a lovely experience for your mum. How's it all going?

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas. X

Its going great she breastfeeding really good n I'm just so in love with her

Hi all! Joining you ladies! How did you all prepare your babies for the new arrival? He's only 4 mo, so I don't think he gets much out of me reading "big brother" books to him yet. Someone suggested always having a doll around for the rest of the pregnancy and traching him how to be gentle with it. Worth it? I guess I'm just worried he'll instead learn to view the baby as an inanimate object if we do that? Am I giving him too much/little credit for being able to distinguish doll from baby at 11 mo? I feel like I'm going to just be a ftm again instead of having any idea what I'm doing once #2 gets here.

It's worth a try? Every child is different and you just never know how they'll be. We didn't really prepare my son at all, read him some books, showed him baby bump, called it brother ect. I was worried bc my oldest is so attached to me but he did great! He goes through phases of learning. He was sweet at first hugging and kissing baby, laughing at him. Then he went to trying to play with him, hitting him, throwing toys at him. Then he'd cry when he'd cry, have to be on me when baby was, now he's to a pestering stage where he just won't leave him alone!! Driving me mad :winkwink: he's just trying to help but a 16 month old helping is not really helping! He'll cover baby up, uncover him, try to stick paci or bottle in his mouth, crawl up side of crib or changing table to see him

My son was almost two when I had the twins and I don't think he got it at all. We did the dolls, books ect, but I don't think it made much difference. That said he adjusted just fine when they arrived.

Hi Im joining you all, I have an 11 month old daughter and I am 18 weeks pregnant, roughly 15 months between the two :)

Ps how do you get the flashing signature to appear on your page?

I'm back ... Emma is now 3 1/2, Heidi just turned 2, Monica is 9 months old and I am pregnant again :rofl:

We'll have 4 under 4 for a month or so. :help:

I'm back ... Emma is now 3 1/2, Heidi just turned 2, Monica is 9 months old and I am pregnant again :rofl:

Aww, that's so sweet! I love big families! Will be stalking your parenting journal!

Congrats Hun, 4 under 4 sounds hard work but fab :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"