• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Kirbyland, that's within days of what ours will be!!-- and lilrojo's!!
Samuel was born Feb 22, 2012, and the next is due somewhere around Dec 14, 2013. :thumbup:

ANNOUNCEMENT

(I currently have access to a laptop for the next couple of weeks! (Havent been able to update from my phone!)

If anyone is not on the front page & would like to be, please post me your details as in the format shown on the front page ie:

Username:
Age gap:
:pink: :blue: or :yellow: :baby:'s

Girls.....please tell me, how the heck do you manage bedtimes? :wacko:

My 1 year old needs to go to bed at 6.30pm ish....if my 2 year old hasnt napped in the day, she will be ready for bed around 7pm, but this then means she keeps disturbing us whilst im trying to settle the 1 year old!! :dohh:

Whats your routine? :shrug:

Mind go to bed at the same time so it's easier!

But if they didnt I'd bath them together at 6ish then put younger one down whilst older one watched some tv of something! My house is totally childproofed so it makes my life 1000x easier!x

We take them both upstairs at 5:45, OH bathes Hayden (youngest) I take Tabitha into the shower. We both wash and pj our respective children and take them back down about 6:15. Night garden goes on cbeebies, this is a very important step lol!
Hayden has porridge and toast, then one of us takes him up about 6:45.
Tabitha has cereal and pancake and milk, then one of us take her up about 7:15.

If I'm on my own, I'd bath together, then change the youngest in the bathroom while the eldest stays in bath, then plonk youngest in cot and dress eldest, get them both downstairs. Supper for both, Occupy the eldest with crayons while I take youngest up, luckily Hayden drinks a bottle, I plonk him down awake and he self settles like a dream.
DD is happy downstairs on her own, as long as she has tv, snack and something to do :)

ANNOUNCEMENT

(I currently have access to a laptop for the next couple of weeks! (Havent been able to update from my phone!)

If anyone is not on the front page & would like to be, please post me your details as in the format shown on the front page ie:

Username:
Age gap:

Everything listed for me is accurate, except i need you to please add DD. DS2 and DD will be about 19 months apart once she is born.

(so i have 17 month age gap between :blue: and :blue:
and 19 month age gap between :blue: and :pink:)

im not sure how you list that, but just so you arn't confused i'll have three babies, DS1, DS2, and DD due in september.

I just picked a time in between the two bedtimes. Thomas was going to bed at 7-7:30 and Samuel was going to bed around 8:30-8:45. So I started putting everyone to bed at 8. They adjusted. (I was surprised it worked!)

im not sure how you list that, but just so you arn't confused i'll have three babies, DS1, DS2, and DD due in september.

....Im easily confused these days Guppy! :wacko::haha:

Ive decided for ease, I will just list the smallest age gaps that everyone has between their LO's, on the front page, as to be honest, people usually end up asking again anyway on the thread :winkwink:

Id like to be added Kelly!! :)

DS for first and team yellow for this one! They will be just over 20 months apart! :)

Kelly - could you update my front page thing? Expected LO was pink and 15 months between her and Henry and 25 between her and Stephen :)

:wave: I'm pg with my second. When he/she is born, the age difference will be about 19 months. Will be lurking/reading to get tips. And eventually sharing :haha:

ANNOUNCEMENT

Username:
Age gap:

Hakunamatata
19 months
:yellow:

Do any of your Los have problems getting along? Mine are 20 months and 5 months and all of a sudden our toddler isn't being so nice to the baby :nope: he'll take his bottle or toys away from him or he'll hit him! He's never been a violent kid ever. We really try to treat them the same. We aren't neglecting him or doing anything different. He's still getting the same amount of love and attention. He's nice and loving to him too just other times he's mean :(

Yes my eldest went through this, she was only ever mean a handful of times before she got the message how wrong it was. I know some people don't approve but I made her sit on the naughty step, literally for 20seconds then she had to say sorry and kiss the baby! Never done it again since, in fact she's amazing with him, even if he plays with the toys that she wants she gets him something else and then takes the toy she wants away and says "my toy, you play with this" lol clever and cute! She's like his 2nd mummy now and wants to get involved in everything!

My OH has really been putting on the pressure to try for #3. I really want to wait at least two years. I know I can deal with anything given to us..BUT in all honesty you ladies with 3 under 3 do you think its a good idea? Would you recommend it even if your experience is perfect or horrible lol. I really think its an awful idea for us

I think if you don't feel 100% ready then don't give in just because that's what your husband wants. You already think its an awful idea so you must have valid reasons.
I only have 2 close together and that was hard enough, yes I'm sure I could cope with 3 but I wouldn't want to!
Saying that, I'm sure many manage 3 under 3 just fine :)

Thanks :) I do want a third but I just think that the best time to ttc would be 2 years from now when the boys will be a little older. I think financially and physically I could take it but mentally 3 under 3 would be hard to not be so stressed.

Idk why but my husband has this now or never attitude. We really aren't that old (27 years old) but he says we aren't getting any younger :haha: I mean my sister had a baby at 39yrs old. :winkwink: we are still discussing and deciding. He asks me to stop taking birth control, which he hates from a religious and manly stand point (no sex drive, mood swings and weird bleeding patterns), and to just not prevent and not actively try just go with it. Which sounds great in theory but that's how #2 got here! It took over 2 years and clomid for us to have #1 so I thought it wrong to prevent what we tried so hard for then 6 months post partum to my surprise I was pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->