Little problem this morning, any advice welcome!

spoo

Mum to Harry and Emily
Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a wonderful 7 year old son and have recently found out I am pregnant with #2, so have spent most of my time on the first tri boards.

My son is a happy and healthy, active 7 year old, with no problems whatsoever. However, this morning he woke up late (I admit he did go to bed an hour past bedtime last night) and came into my bedroom, where I was tidying up. He was still half asleep and rubbing his eyes. After giving me the usual good morning kiss and cuddle, he turned to go downstairs to toilet. He cried out in pain and held himself between his legs.

I took him downstairs to go to toilet, and he was crying in pain when passing urine. This has NEVER happened before. The tip of his willy was a little pink but I put it down to having slept on his tummy and being tired. I ran him a bath there and then and made sure we cleaned himself thoroughly. I only assumed a bath would soothe any pains, which it did.

Have any of you experienced this before with your children? He does have a slight cold at the moment, not too sure if that makes a difference.

I took him to school as normal and said we'd see how he feels this evening.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks!

maybe he has a urinary infection? take him to the doctor to check.

Or he may have nicked himself......my little brother did that in the bath and it was sore for ages....though it sounds like a urine infection to me...

It could be a side effect of the cold, he would have swallowed the germs that was in his throat and they would be washed through him and its such a sensitive area to come out of.
If the bath cleared it up, i wouldent worry to much about it, but if it flares up again or he complains of any irritation, id take him to the docs.

Hi all

I've got a wonderful 7 year old son and have recently found out I am pregnant with #2, so have spent most of my time on the first tri boards.

My son is a happy and healthy, active 7 year old, with no problems whatsoever. However, this morning he woke up late (I admit he did go to bed an hour past bedtime last night) and came into my bedroom, where I was tidying up. He was still half asleep and rubbing his eyes. After giving me the usual good morning kiss and cuddle, he turned to go downstairs to toilet. He cried out in pain and held himself between his legs.

I took him downstairs to go to toilet, and he was crying in pain when passing urine. This has NEVER happened before. The tip of his willy was a little pink but I put it down to having slept on his tummy and being tired. I ran him a bath there and then and made sure we cleaned himself thoroughly. I only assumed a bath would soothe any pains, which it did.

Have any of you experienced this before with your children? He does have a slight cold at the moment, not too sure if that makes a difference.

I took him to school as normal and said we'd see how he feels this evening.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks!

Hey hun, I don't have any children so I can't speak from that kind of experience.
But on the other hand a few years ago when my little brother was about 7 or 8 he had an infection in his willy.
It was due to his foreskin being too tight and it got infected, he didn't have to have it circumsised (sp?) but he still has problems with it now. So I would say see how he feels, if it gets any worse get him into the docs hun.
Hope he gets well soon xxx

Thanks for your posts. I picked Harry up from his childminders yesterday evening and he said it still hurt when he did a wee. I phoned the GP there and then and was lucky enough to get an emergency appointment an hour or so later. The GP examined Harry and asked me to drop off a urine sample in the morning so it could be tested at the hospital.

He seems better this morning and says it doesn't hurt as much. Maybe it will simply clear up on its own, better that than an infection. Heres hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->