living with kids with allergies group

great will try that :)

I have made meatballs in gravy for tonight (added a little cayenne too the meatballs) so will see how he gets on with that!

Connors fave thing is beans and sausage on toast, he could eat it all day but omg he lets of some smells lol

:haha: that made me laugh about the beans!!!

So what has everyone's LO had for today?

Katerina had: Oats for breakfast, veggies for lunch and dinner and organic carrot sticks for snack. She absolutely LOVES them and I'm so happy I finally have a snack she can tolerate! :happydance:

Oh and I've just given her 10-15 small spoonfuls of plain white soy yogurt. She didn't seem to like it but I don't blame her!! lol Fingers crossed this will go well.

Alex had;
Cocoa Shreddies for breakfast,
Pork and egg loaf with bread and butter, and carrot shavings for lunch.
Dinner, a tin of wholewheat pasta and chicken meatballs with some prawn crackers.

He hasnt been eating much lately with his cold and teeth :(

Little Man has had

breakfast - rice snaps with oatmilk
lunch - toasted muffin with pure & marmite and half a lemon zest biscuit
dinner - meatballs in gravy with rice & sweetcorn (huge winner!) and some grapes!

Little man likes sausage and he LOVES beans, I get the reduced sugar reduced salt ones from asda and think they are sweeter than regular beans lol

Morning!

How is everyone? Fingers crossed ladies, Katerinas tummy so far seems fine. Its more than 12 hours she had the yogurt! She had some more with breakfast! Its not swollen or anything.. I really hope she will not get a delayed reaction! How many days should I try it for before I'm sure that she is fine? :shrug:

great news happyface!! fingers crossed it stays that way!, if Little man has foods that effect his tummy (like tomato's) he usually starts having symptoms within 30 mins - 2 hours, so the fact she has gone 12 hours is great! maybe try a little then have a day off then try a little and have a day off, just our dietician said they might slowly start being able too tolerate small bits but large amounts might still set off a reaction, so you might just have too spend a few days too find what level she can tolerate!

I am so excited for you, being allowed soya will make things a little easier!

Thanks for the advice!!

I'm thinking if she tolerates it well, I might try her on cow's milk as the protein in them is so similar. Unless the 1st doc was right and she is lactose intolerant. The yogurt I got is lactose free! I'll see how she gets on! :thumbup:

right girls, I need some snack ideas for Little Man, the health visitor advised introducing snacks because he isn't gaining weight too well, it is actually difficult finding time for snacks because between his 3 meals a day and his naps ..... it doesn't leave much time, it feels like I am just constantly feeding him lol

He is currently sat eating a half of a lemon zest biscuit, I also have some apple rice cakes, and carrot corn puffs & sweetcorn corn puffs, there is also fruit but he does tend too have fruit with his lunch and after his dinner too

I need dairy free/soya free, fattening snacks lol

Asda smart price digestivs biscuits, Asda free from jam tarts, Avocado (i know you said other than fruit but these have health fats in), breadsticks and dips?

our asda has stopped doing most of the free from stuff :(

Will try the biscuits though and he loves bread sticks so will have a look for some dip he can have!

Will get an avocado at the weekend for him too try!

I just feel like I am constantly feeding him the same old boring things!

Mine did too but theyve just replaced it with a new range, the jam tarts i found last week!

ooo we are going saturday so will have a look!

I did think it was silly that asda of all places had stopped the free from range since they are the ones that started it!

He seems too like the lemon zest biscuits I got from there (no asda make though) but they didn't have them last time :(

Been and seen the diatician, connor has gained weight thankfully but the diatician has said after his reaction to prawns its very likely he has a shellfish allergy so got to avoid that now aswell

Gutting when theres another thing to add to the list :( Good hes gained weight though!

Button, Cocktail sausages are a favourite over here aswell!

so girls .... what did your LO eat today?

Little Man has had

Breakfast - muffin with banana, kiwi & pear puree on
Snack - half a lemon zest biscuit
Lunch - Meatball, cucumber, breadstick & pear
Snack - Banana humzinger & a organix corn snack
Dinner - pork & apple sausage, mash, beans & apple rice cake

Hi Ladies
I've just gone back to work, so I haven't checked the thread for a while.
Joshua had his hospital appointment today and they did a skin prick test. He's definately got a milk allergy :( At least we know what we're dealing with now.

They were really good and we got to see a dietician too. I've now got to figure out what to do about his milk (he's still breast feeding, but we've been using Nutramigen 2 formula on his breakfast cereal for a couple of weeks). We were told not to fill him up on milk so he eats his 3 meals a day, but that giving him more formula might help to get him to STTN?! Confused!

He currently eats:

First thing: Breast feed
Breakfast: Baby cereal (wheat flakes/baby muesli etc) with 5oz formula
Lunch: Meat with veg + potatoes/toast etc fruit pot/banana
Snack: rice cake/baby cookie
4-5pm ish: Breast feed
Tea: what ever we're having - meat/fish, veggies, potatoes/rice/pasta/bread followed by soya yoghurt/fruit pot/banana
Breast feed before bed.

He's still waking 1-3 times a night and takes a feed. He hasn't put any weight on for about a month, but he's more active and has been hovering around the 50-75%ile lines; the doc isn't worried about his weight. The doc said his appetite probably hasn't quite caught up with his activity level and he's in a transition period.

Would any of you advise changing any of his milk feeds to formula? I don't know what to do for the best.:flower:

Are any cocktail sausages ok? Is the salt level generally ok with those? Good to have some new ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->