living with kids with allergies group

omg you live in Eastbourne? Thats my home town!

I actually live in Hastings, had to get the train over to Eastbourne. Good old Arndale Centre, eh? :haha:

I havent been back there for so long, i bet loads of the shops have changed!
I did actualy live in Polegate, but who knows that little town :lol:

Polegate windmill? One of my best school trips ever, when I was about 8. Aw, you are a long way from home.

Hinky binky, Arlo has been using the Tommee tippee valved beakers for 2 months. He has only just started to get the hang of holding it and drinking from it without my help, but he doesn't always realise that he needs to tip it up to get the water flowing.

Hinky binky, Arlo has been using the Tommee tippee valved beakers for 2 months. He has only just started to get the hang of holding it and drinking from it without my help, but he doesn't always realise that he needs to tip it up to get the water flowing.

Thank you, might have to give those a try. He holds his bottle and seems to understand the tipping concept quite well. According to my HV, valved beakers are the root of all evil, but needs must... I tried to feed him with a shot glass this morning resulting in an entire costume change for both of us!

Oh really? I wonder what is wrong with valves? Arlo didn't have any idea how to suck on a normal beaker so we used the valved ones to ease him in but now he's got the hang of it he will drink from any old spout.

How is everyone doing? Connors doing well and his eating is getting better again

Jemma that's good news about Connor, glad he is eating well again.

I gave Arlo some yogurt this morning. Only managed to get him to eat about 3 spoonfuls. So far so good, no puking or funny breathing. How long could I be looking at for symptoms to appear?

Connors symptoms were literally straight away but i know they can take a few hours to show

:hi: all good here, just in the middle of a busy work weekend!

Asda have gingerbreads in atm dairy and soya free in numbers shapes :D

Glad to hear all is good! We are good as well. Do I dare to say that the Nutramigen has done the trick? We started it on Monday and she's been sleeping great! Too good to believe its true! :shrug:

I've given her some soya yogurt again today to double check she is ok with it.

Wish we had an Asda near us! :dohh:

Glad to hear all is good! We are good as well. Do I dare to say that the Nutramigen has done the trick? We started it on Monday and she's been sleeping great! Too good to believe its true! :shrug:

A tentative :happydance: for you, hope it continues x

Chloe, how's Arlo after the yoghurt?

A tentative :happydance: for you, hope it continues x

Chloe, how's Arlo after the yoghurt?

Thank you! :hugs: How are you getting on?

Yogurt update:

Gave him some more at lunch. Almost immediately the ezcema on his cheeks flared up and he's been snuffly all day. But that's it so far. No wind, doesn't seem to be in pain, no ezcema on his body.

I'll give it four days or so and then try him with some cheese.

Thank you! :hugs: How are you getting on?

Pretty good, thank you! We are seeing some slow but definite improvements in Stanley's eczema after switching to Neocate. The skin in the folds of his neck (usually the worst bit) is gradually drying out and looks like it's healing. He still has patches on his tummy and back but they look to be reducing. It's so hard to tell as it fluctuates a lot, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Will be good to see dermatologist on Friday, hopefully they might give us something a bit stronger to get it cleared up. I feel so much happier and less anxious now that he's on the Neocate. I hated the feeling that every bottle I was giving him was making the eczema worse. At least I know that's not the case now.
Will let
you know how it goes on Friday. Oooh, I bought dome crumpets yesterday - spent ages looking at the allergy info, only found 1 pack that didn't say it contains milk or is made in a factory where milk is used. The Sainsbury's own standard range look to be ok, so will give them a try later. He's never had crumpets but I love them!

Oh hope it goes well on Friday! Let us know! Hopefully they will give you smt for his skin! :hugs:

Katerina had a bad night last night, after 5 days of being perfect almost. I'm wondering if its the soya yogurt. I didn't give her any today. Then if she is fine tonight I'll give her again some in the week and test her. :shrug:

Hope everything goes well friday. Connors next appointment with consultant is july so feel like its ages away x

Looking to pick your brains ladies for some veggie ideas!

Alex is good with fruit and veg mostly but its feeling a bit samey now and I think Alex feels the same.
Ive made up some carrot and swede mash but what else? And ideas for preparing it?
Peas are a no untill we challenge him with them but anything else for ideas would be great!

would he eat them if you did something fun like let him help make a smilie face 'pizza' with veggies .... mushroom eyes, pepper hair ect

Not sure, he wouldnt have the attention span to "make" it at least but something worth trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->