• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

I did - I tested my son every month or 2 with yoghurt. Apparently yoghurt is milder on them because it is fermented. Once he was 2 he could eat yoghurt - though he still won't touch milk or cheese. He never really developed a taste for it and he's a super picky eater! My daughter's skin is worst on her face and hands/forearms, but it's such an improvement from her entire body covered! :thumbup:

Hmm might test Maria with some yoghurt or viili sometime soon then, would be nice if she could go back on dairy. Doubt she'd drink normal milk now though but I know she'd like cheese.

You could also try something else fermented like kefir. My son hates it, but it's so healthy I wish he would eat it!

Might buy some sour milk. I like using it in baking so it won't go to waste if she doesn't drink it

Can I join? my daughter has a cow mil allergy and egg.(and atopic dermatitis)

thanks. lo is still breastfed but soon she's going to get introduced to solids. so long I have to svoid dairy.

Hi Morri :hi:

So sorry to hear your lo has allergies. Wow, can't believe she's already 5 months old!
How's she doing and how have you been ?

Whos says I was pregnant :haha: j/k (just look at the deflated balloon with the spat out bubblegum in the middle..)
I am good and since I am leaving the dairy away lo's skin is so much better. Previously she had a spurt which lasted more than 2 weeks and luckly her paediatric managed to get an appt for her at the paediatric day ward for allergies otherwise it would have been at the end of the months only. She has had the rashes from head to toe- only the back was spared. The belly has improved well it is still a little red and splotchy but it isnt cracked and scaly anymore. That are her worst affected parts rump and arms. She didn't cry at all when she got the prick test done, the pricks were probably less bothersome than the itchiness. She is still trying to scatch and rub here and there but you can actually change nappies now without neither of us getting a nervous breakdon :haha: . Anyway she would have been high rsk for allergies anyway-- I just wasn't aware it could be any allergy. (my only food allergy is seafood, but oh and me are both atopic (oh has asthma since he was 2yo and I also had eczema as a kid apparently,) I really hope that she grows out of her allergies, as they say the earlier the onset the more likely they grow out of it?

Hi girls! I am back..... K is doing much better, though she still can't have wheat... but Baby G has got lots of mucous poos and has also developed eczema on his legs, arms and face. Its not terrible and I can so far control it with creams but I'm afraid to leave in case it gets as bad as Ks was.. Is eczema usually a dairy allergy? For K it certainly was. Ot could it be anything? I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I'll have to cut some things out I guess.

Any advice would be very welcomed! :thumbup:

So glad to hear K is doing so much better. Sorry to hear Baby G is now also showing signs of allergy. I'd say, given that dairy was K's main problem and caused those symptoms I'd start by cutting dairy out of your own diet and see if the symptoms improve. If they don't then you might have to do trial and error, but there's a good chance the milk is to blame.
really hope it improves quickly.

We're back on a wheat free (or significantly reduced wheat) diet with logan. And at the moment he's dairy free too though that's mainly due to a cough. I've actually put myself and dh on a mostly wheat free diet too as we notice various bad side effects from wheat (dh gets a very upset and crampy/bloated tummy, and I get headaches and blurry vision).
I think for all 3 of us though it's more due to intolerances than actual allergies.

Probably a good chance its milk related though it can be anything really. Glad K is doing much better!

Yeah tummy aches etc are probably more intolerance reactions than allergy reactions.

Maria isn't doing so well. She's fine at mine and hardly ever gets an eczema flare up but she nearly always gets one at her dad's :(

Thanks girls! Will cut out dairy and see how it goes! :thumbup:

Huggles- K is still struggling with wheat. The minute she has bread she wakes frequently in the night and her mood is really bad as well!

Natsku - thats really bad that he lets her suffer. Have you tried talking to him about it?? I can imagine it must be frustrating. :nope:

I've talked to him about it, he is adamant that he isn't feeding her anything she shouldn't eat so its possible that she is either finding crumbs of cheese or something in the kitchen or she is allergic to something else that she only eats there. I've wondered if she could be allergic to buckwheat as she eats buckwheat porridge there but not at mine. I've asked him to stop feeding it to her and see if the reactions stop but he hasn't yet, gonna ask again.

Well G had another flare up of his eczema. I have a feeling its eggs! I had eggs 2 days ago int he evening after he went to bed, he fed early the next morning and went straight to bed.. 3 hours later he was up and his whole cheek had eczema. He also got a rush on his tummy and was very fussy that day.

Anyway. We've got an appointment tomorrow morning with a paediatric allergist. He'll be doing skin pricks tests on him. Anybody had them done, and did you get some answers? :shrug:

Sorry to hear he had another flare up. Good that you think you've figured out the cause.

We haven't had any allergy testing done but I have heard its not all that reliable before 2 years old.

Ive heard soany contradicting things as well. The doctor sais that since he has eczema a skin prick test would show.. I hope something comes up as positive so I can cut it out and hopefully see some results.

Hope the skin prick tests who what he's allergic to

mine had the skin prick(twice actually) and she had milk and egg allergy and her skin is looking very good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->