LO @ 4 Month, Pregnant again & Lost Job

Tiredgirl

Mum of 2 under 2
Reaction score
Found out I am being made redundant and and will lose out on my maternity pay (by a matter of weeks so am not happy) GGGRRRRR. Does anyone have idea what benefits I can claim.... I am so confused right now, I have had a look on a few sites but my mind can't get my head round it.

I already claim child benefit and tax credits but will I be able to get any kind of maternity pay or anything else???

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.... you are helping a very ditzy lady hehe xxxx

sorry to hear about your job loss..but if youre currently receiving SMP then this should continue as its a govt payment (but paid through your employer) so Id give the CAB a call to hear how the remainder will be paid to you and when. good luck

I am not sure but I think that if you are not entitled to SMP then you may be able to claim maternity allowance instead which I think is a similar amount of money.

Sorry to hear you're facing a difficult situation. I hope it works out for you. x

yes was going to suggest looking up Maternity Allowance - thats what I got as I am self employed - its £500 a months as long as you qualify for the full amount - you know what its like they make it really complicated and one of the forms was 50 pages long!!!!!!!!!!! not sure which one it was though

You should be able to claim maternity allowance x

Aww thank you, good to know I should be able to claim something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back