LO in hospital... Been admitted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too and Im the one updating it :dohh:! Come on wee man I have to take my phone to the loo with me just in case I hear anything x

Blimey how much BBQ sauce did she give him to have a near fatal sodium intake? Doesnt sound like it was just a "taste" to me :shock:

Poor LO, fingers crossed he pulls through ok :hugs:

i suspect (based on the condition of LO) it was more than just the BBQ but i guess we'll neverknow 4 sure :shrug:

it has been suggested that the MIL has munchousens (sp?) maybe this lady does have in which case she needs some help

hope things r going well in surgery :hugs:

What is munchousens?

Munchausen by proxy is a condition where a carer (like the mum or maybe MIL) purposely makes their child ill or makes up symptoms. Its about them getting attention i think and eing able to act the caring parent.

Its pretty rare but very dangerous, i read a book about a little girl who was victim to this and she had open heart surgery because her mum convinced the doctors that she was sick when infact she was perfectly healthy

Katie - don't want to get too much into this as I don't want to derail a supoprtive thread, and we have no diagnosis or anything but for info, munchausens is defined on one website as "a predominantly female disorder in which an emotionally immature person with narcissistic tendencies, low self-esteem and a fragile ego has an overwhelming need to draw attention to herself and to be the centre of attention".

Munchausens by proxy (more relevant in this case) "is where occasions for being centre of attention are created by deliberately causing illness, injury or harm to others to provide opportunities for rescue and care".

xxxx

That poor poor little boy.
This is so bloody awful. My thoughts are with them all. xxxx

I dont think we should be speculating on any issues the mil has.. i dont think she has caused corey harm on purpose, i think she has just been very silly in getting excited about wanting him to try new things and see his reactions etc. It is still jolly's husbands mother at the end of the day and he has to read this. It is best we try not to speculate on what has driven her to do this and also whether she meant to.

Hoping for an update soon xx

I dont think we should be speculating on any issues the mil has.. i dont think she has caused corey harm on purpose, i think she has just been very silly in getting excited about wanting him to try new things and see his reactions etc. It is still jolly's husbands mother at the end of the day and he has to read this. It is best we try not to speculate on what has driven her to do this and also whether she meant to.

Hoping for an update soon xx

Corey is now on his way to surgery, mummy has asked we keep him in our prayers xxx

Surgery? I thought he had kidney failure? Or has something else happened? :( Sorry if I've missed updates, I've been out all afternoon.

Corey is now on his way to surgery, mummy has asked we keep him in our prayers xxx

Surgery? I thought he had kidney failure? Or has something else happened? :( Sorry if I've missed updates, I've been out all afternoon.

They have found a blockage in his bowel somewhere that they are working on, not sure of specifics but kidneyprob due to the excess sodium I think but would not like to speculate.

Its been a few hours now hope everything ok xx

Just received this text'

'He is still in theatre but nurse said part of his bowel is not functioning well. His sodium levels were at a fatal level so MIL could have actually killedhim! They have said it will probably be at least another hour'

poor wee guy, there is NO way that could just have been a 'taste' of sauce! So glas they took him to A&E when they did...........x

omg that poor baby.. hope with all my heart hes ok :hugs:

:( how horrible... i'm thinking of all of you! hope surgery's gone/going well... he's in the best place at the moment :hugs:

nothing yet girls,and im starting to worry its been over 3 hrs now. Reluctant to text just incase there has been a set back, will give things another hour or so and give her another wee text.

Hopefully they are just too busy showering Corey with kisses in recovery xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back