Long cycles and the tww

Thanks, TexMel for the info. Interesting how you and Crazycatlady had pretty different symptoms. That's exciting, your first scan! April 2 is pretty close. I think it's a good idea that you waited too. How fun!

HopefullyOpto - Vitex shortened my cycle the first month from 51 days to 41 days, so hopefully you get the immediate results too! I feel like I'm probably out too. Just nothing going on. I do still have the sore tingles in my boobs, which I know I'm not imagining that, but nothing crazy and temps are staying the same and not increasing. I might test tonight ... maybe :).

O out of interest you ladies that have concieved how long previously had you been trying. And the cycle you concieved on was it a normal length cycle?

I went off bc in July 2014 and was ntnp for a few months. Said we were "trying" in November, although I hadn't gone TTC crazy yet, so I didn't really know what "trying" meant. Didn't chart or know what days or anything. In December, I started using a different fertility app called DayAfter, so I at least knew the "window," but don't think we DTD in the window that month. January 1st is when I bought the OPKs that all came back negative and I ended up with my 51 day cycle. Then finally my body reset and my LMP is Feb 11. I also started temping and using FF, along with a new set of Wondfo OPKs. My confirmed O day, Feb 28, was CD 18, so it was still a little longer than most people's "normal" but fits right into my 31-33 day cycles.

Sorry if that was long-winded!

I really really hope it shortens it, this cycle was 55 days, the one before was 76! It's just too long.
Excited for your testing ksquared!

Thanks TexMel! That's not long winded at all, was exactly what I was after. Hearing success stories just gives me hope that my journey might not be extremely long, and just long enough that I can bare :)
Fx I have the luck that ksquared has had with vitex and I will be in another tww before I know it :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you ladies!

Hey ladies! I missed you guys! I've been on vacation with my OH, so I decided to stay off the forums and really enjoy our time together. It was wonderful to get away. We took a road trip to South Carolina (we're from Wisconsin) to go visit a friend of ours. We had a great time and had a lot of fun, both while we were visiting and on the road.

Even better, my OH proposed to me during our trip! :happydance: I felt like he might while we were in South Carolina, but was still completely surprised. He got down on one knee while we were relaxing in our hotel room and gave a cute little speech about how we're perfect for each other and asked me to marry him. I obviously said yes. :haha: I haven't stopped smiling since then. :cloud9:

In terms of TTC, I think my body is gearing up to ovulate again soon; I'm guessing it'll be another week or so...starting to get cm and I started taking ovulation tests yesterday when I got home and today's is darker, so I'm guessing it's getting to be that time again. Keeping my fingers crossed that March is my lucky month. :)

TexMel - Congrats on your BFP! :happydance:

crazycatlady - I had an ultrasound with my youngest when I was only 4-5 week along...there wasn't much to see on my ultrasound either; It was too early. I had another ultrasound at almost 7 weeks and that's when I actually got to see my baby and her heartbeat. So don't worry too much. :hugs:

O out of interest you ladies that have concieved how long previously had you been trying. And the cycle you concieved on was it a normal length cycle?

With my youngest, I had been trying for 13 months, which was around 8 cycles for me. The cycle I conceived was not at all a normal length cycle for me. It would have been around 8 weeks long if I hadn't gotten pregnant, which would have been one of the longest ones I ever had.

My older two kids were happy surprises, so I didn't pay much attention to my cycles or anything at that point in time.

Well, it was a BFN tonight. It was on an ic so I might test again Saturday. Also had some big news at work so that'll definitely shake things up and make my life different. It's been an emotional evening.

Welcome back, Aidensxmomma! And congratulations on your engagement!! :happydance: Hope that March continues to be lucky for you.

Hopefullyopto - I ovulated cd26 so was my normal I suppose haha, but no, not normal length cycle. It took me four cycles. But, that's counting the first three cycles off bcp. I went off the pill in September and 4 cycles took me all the way to February when I got my conceived, so pretty long cycles, but not that many of them! In contrast, my friend that I also mentioned just getting her bfp also only took 4 cycles, but she started ttc in December! So my cycles were long haha! But the long cycles didn't seem to inhibit me from getting that bfp at least!

Aidensxmomma! Welcome back and a massive congratulations to you. You must be over the moon :)

Crazycat thanks for also getting back to me. It's nice to hear that it's still possible to conceive when you have longer cycles.
AF is in full force today, lots of pain being experienced along with being ill :(
I am happy to have started vitex, I have my fingers crossed for a shorter cycle this month which will hopefully give me the opportunity to try and conceive sooner :)
Sorry about your BFN ksquared. Fx your cycle sorts it's life out. We will get there soon I know it :)

Thanks, guys :). Temp dropped a bit more today so I'd say I'm definitely out. Hoping AF gets here today or tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow or Saturday would be better in case I ovulate in 14 days because I have my trip with my friend coming up and I'll want to be back and BD a couple of times before O. Feeling slightly achey around my lower abdomen so maybe it will be coming soon. Today is CD 38.

Yay, day 1 of Vitex HopefullyOpto! Sorry AF is extra rough this time. Hopefully that means your body is doing a thorough cleaning of your uterus so you'll have a blank slate for this fresh cycle.

I really hope that's the case, man alive I was in so much this morning. It generally only lasts a day and then it's relatively light and painless for the rest. Although I can spot for quite a few days so i really hope it doesn't last 7/8 days like last time...

I'm right there with you, HopefullyOpto. Pink spotting just started for me so I think AF will be in full force by tomorrow. Nice that we will be right on track with each other this next cycle!

Ksquared sorry the witch is showing her ugly face although I am excited to hear that I have someone around the same cd as me and also taking vitex. It would be lovely if we get ovulation and BFP around the same time!

I sure hope so crazycat and then we can both join you and TexMel over on the first trimester boards, o and aidensxmomma as you have been having a lucky month this month already then maybe you can join too :)

My fingers are crossed for you guys, as well!!! I plan on continuing to check in with you!

It would be wonderful if we all got to move over to the first tri boards together! :flower:

Sorry that the witch got you ksquared and HopefullyOpto :hugs:

AFM - Not feeling too confident that ovulation is coming up yet. I've been taking OPKs since getting back from our trip (17th) and they don't really seem to be getting much darker yet. I feel like I'm in for another long cycle. I'm trying to stay positive, though, and hoping that ovulation happens within the next week or so.

Aidensxmomma don't stress on ovulation as it will only delay things further, just ride on that happy post engagement wave and you will get there soon. Just think of all the exciting times ahead :)
We will get there and join the others in the first trimester boards soon.
How long was your last cycle out of interest?

Long cycles didn't stop me from getting my bfp so don't worry about that!

And I will still continue to pop in here too! Can't wait to start our thread all together over on the first trimester board :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->