Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Come on, make me sick considering it hasn't stopped raining all day here, how fab is the new house? Are you close to the beach?

What's your new job? Is it at a different office of the same firm or have I imagined that?

I'm not jealous really, sunny and fabulous California compared to wet, grey and miserable Manchester ;)

Funny bit of info - FF tells if you conceived when your due date is and if I did mine would be 1 day after my bday haha

We are going to be renting a studio which is fine considering I work like 50 hours a week and am getting my masters. But it's super cute and all updated. Has a porch for our puppy. Weather has been nice a little chilly but I'm just a baby haha. It's a similar job - food and beverage manager of a restaurant. I start tomorrow so I'm sure this accidental 2ww will go by super fast!!

Sunkissed - wow that sounds amazing! All that sun to get you in the mood, it's miserable in the uk.

Quick question for you girls, do you think late ovulation is a real problem? Are there things they can do to bring it earlier. 1st cycle on cbfm been high since day 6 now on day 19 still high and getting bored of waiting for peak lol xxx

Oh my word, how do you fit all that in?? What's your Masters in?

That sounds fab :) Is the restaurant part of a chain or anything that we would have heard of over here or an independent place?

Lol, the ff thing could be another sign ;) Hee, hee!!

Sparklywand, I think so long as you're ovulating then it doesn't matter at what point it happens. We all tend to ov quite late on here apart from Sunkissed's super cycle this time
:) I've taken soy for the last 4 cycles and that has helped cut my cycles down and bring ov forwards but, it can delay ov in some cases, think it's luck of the draw and how it effects each person.

Sparklywand I took soy and it delayed my O last cycle and I had horible symptoms from it. Many people have had success with it. I took vitex aka agnus cactus this cycle and that helped bring my O forward. I don't think there is anything wrong with a late O but some say the egg could be too old.... But there are plenty of people that hav gottn a BFP with late O.

As for my job I work at a restaurant inside Hyatt the hotel chain. My masters is in business admin with a concentration in global management. Almost done only 4 classes to go!!! I stay busy but that's how I like it :) I get bored easily so gotta keep the mind moving!!

I just wanted to add that even tho this cycle we weren't trying I'm still happy to be talking to you ladies :)

Oh wow, that must be one heck of a company to work for! I bet it keeps you on your toes as well because the restaurant is all part of the experience. Only 4 classes left - woo hoo! You must be on the final countdown now.

What have you done your thesis on?

I'd love to do a masters, just need to find the right job willing to pay for it, lol.

Awww shucks, we're happy to have you here too :)

Soy is that like what you put on your Chinese meal lol? I have heard of agnus cactus but thought I would see how the hormone tests go and use the monitor for a while... I'm so impatient tho!! X

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on me, didnt manage to get on yesterday after scan as hubby took me out for Valentines meal :thumbup::flower:

So, as you know i went to the hospital yesterday for an ultrasound..... when i went in the room i was asked a number of questions about my cycles etc and then led down on the bed for the ultrasound, the lady (who was quite youngish but very nice) did the scan, took a few pictures and then asked me if i had recently done a HPT??? so i obviously answered no as i'd only just ovulated so she then said would you mind if we did an internal scan. i asked if there was a problem she could see and she said she couldnt tell me but that the results would be with my Dr within the next few days. Anyway, I was dreading them asking to do an internal but thought as i was there they just as well do it to save me going back at a later date and so had the internal.......let me put all of your minds at rest IT DOESN'T HURT :flower: all you can feel is a bit of pressure but it is in no way painful. IMO it hurts more to put a tampax in :haha:

I've now just gotta wait until the results are at my Dr's but i was intrigued why she asked me about a HPT so ofcourse, i had to come home and do one :haha::haha: anyway it was a :bfn:

Out of curiosity i did an OPK and it immediately came up positive, far faster and darker than it has ever been before . . . .also been reading the 2ww thread and there has been a few ladies on there using OPK's and they've gone dark and they went on to have their :bfp: I so hope this is whats gonna happen with me so i will keep you all updated :winkwink:

Right, enough about me :blush: how is everyone else doing on this very wet day? (apart from Sunkised who prob has beautiful sun!)

I've made it to 14DPO with no sign (as yet) of AF!! :happydance: My LP last cycle was 10 days, so this is brilliant news!

Stacey, so glad everything went okay :)

Awwww, that's so sweet :) Hope you had a fab night and he spoilt you rotten.

Really appreciate all the feedback as well, makes me feel so much better about next month :hugs:

Wow, that's really intriguing!! You must have been absolutely buzzing when she mentioned that. How long do you have to wait do you know?

I'm ok, I haven't heard that my old company have responded to the tribunal so I'm putting a call on first thing tomorrow morning so keep your fingers crossed :thumbup:

It's been so grey, wet and miserable here today, feel like going into hibernation, lol.

Katie, that's great :) :) Have you done anything different this cycle? I could do with a bit of your luck as mine was 11 last time. It could even mean a bfp's coming your way, have you tested??

I tested at 12DPO and it was negative (although I expecting that as it was far too early if implantation happened at 8DPO). I'm now waiting until Sunday to test again. Providing AF doesn't get me first.....

I took vitB6 from the beginning of this cycle right up until cd57 (when I gave up and stopped taking everything) and it appears to have done the trick!

How much did you take? I've been taking it for a few cycles, gone from 8/9 to 11 so I'm hoping it's going in the right direction. It's great it's worked so well for you (even better if Sunday goes well!!) :)

How much did you take? I've been taking it for a few cycles, gone from 8/9 to 11 so I'm hoping it's going in the right direction. It's great it's worked so well for you (even better if Sunday goes well!!) :)

I took 50mg per day, as well as a vit B complex. They say it takes a few months to work, but although I only took it for part of my cycle it was still almost 2 months :haha: Hope it works out for you too - like you say, at least it's going in the right direction xx

I've just checked and there's 50mg in each so I'm taking 100mg of B6 each night so should be okay. Thanks :)

Hi Fallen,

As far as i knw the results should be back in a few days so i think i'll try the Dr on Friday morning (if i can wait that long lol)

Honestly, the scan didnt hurt at all, the only thing you could feel was pressure but again that wasnt painful either. it also makes it easier as the turn the lights out lol the worst part is wiping the gel away and puttting your knickers back on afterwards pmsl :blush:

Im going to keep using OPK's (as i bought plenty of them) until AF arrives or i get my BFP. I've been following a thread in 2ww where people who have had the OPK reactions i've had, have gone on and had their BFP too so am keeping nearly everything crossed. If i get my BFP in the next few weeks we would have been TTC for 11 months....am so ready for it all now lol

Keep me updated with the tribunal, if they've responded you should hear shortly but remember to keep on at them :) you are in the right here . . . .

Katie - ooooh maybe a BFP is on the cards?! How did your hubbys sample go? havent seen you post about it....come to think about it, you hardly seem with us anymore :(

Baby dust to all, we all have to keep our PMA its a case of when it will happen rather than if!
xxx

I've not really had anything to report Stacey :blush: Not yet got the results from OH's SA...they said 3 weeks which will be Monday coming. If AF gets me before then he's going to call, but otherwise I'll just see what the doc says on Monday when I go.

I'm 15DPO with still no sign of AF, but no pg symptoms either! Very frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->