Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

How much soy did you take? And I forgot which days you took it? Today is my last soy day so I can't wait to start testing! Hopefully we don't have to wait for O like last time - hopefully soy helped!!!

Does anyone know how to put your tickers in your signature? When I put the link from FF it comes up as a link in my signature?! Thanks!

Where you can buy soy? Can you get it at any local pharmacy...or do you need a prescription?

I got mine at Walmart - it was cheap! You can probably find it online too!

Does anyone know how to put your tickers in your signature? When I put the link from FF it comes up as a link in my signature?! Thanks!

You have to get the BB code. When you are on FF and you go to sharing then tickers, create/customize your ticker, even if you have before, just go through it again (click next the whole time if you've already made one), then at the very end it will give you a few different codes. Choose the bbcode....

I took 160 mg CD 5-9 last time. This cycle I took 200 mg CD 3-7. They say Soy is equal to 1/2 the amount of Clomid. It took 100 mg of Clomid for me to ovulate. So that means I'd take 200 mg of Soy for it to work the same. Except after my M/C I went up to 150 mg of Clomid, but you can't go any higher than 200 mg for Soy, so that's where I'm stopping... :)

Where you can buy soy? Can you get it at any local pharmacy...or do you need a prescription?

They are called Soy Isoflavones, and as my link shows you, Sunkissed is right, you can find them at Wal-Mart....

Yes, yes it does. Tomorrow is CD 10 for me, so it's when I start the OPKs, since we are following the Sperm Meets Egg Plan. :) I have 75 of them, so I'll have enough no matter when I end up ovulating this cycle. I seriously hope I ovulate earlier this cycle then I did last cycle (CD 27). I took Soy earlier, and more of it, so I should!

Blondie have u started OPKs yet??

Did you not read that post? lol

OOps sorry must have missed it! Good luck tomorrow! Hope you get a ++++ :)

lol it's okay. I don't want a positive yet, my lining prolly isn't nice and thick and ready for a baby yet. But around CD 15 would be nice! :)

Even when I was medicated on Clomid or Femara, I never ovulated before CD 17-19...

I hope all you girls trying soy get some good results this cycle :)

I just had a revelation last night that I may need to back off the soy. I'm lactose intolerant, so substitute soy for everything - milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. After reading up on the soy supplements, I'm wondering if my long cycles are being caused by too much soy? I'm going to back off as much as possible this cycle and see if that does any good. Fingers crossed!

Why so sad, katiekittykat?

I got 2 negative OPKs yesterday, after getting 2 faint lines the day before :( I'm starting to get OPK anxiety again! I got a faint line at around 7.30pm on cd12, but at 12noon on cd13 it was blank again. I'm worried that my surge was so short I missed it...or maybe cd12 was just a random light surge caused by the soy....or maybe OPKs are just never gonna work for me :wacko:

I should be OK because we're following SMEP but we missed out cd12 (the day I had the faint lines :dohh:). Back on track this morning though :winkwink:

lol it's okay. I don't want a positive yet, my lining prolly isn't nice and thick and ready for a baby yet. But around CD 15 would be nice! :)

Even when I was medicated on Clomid or Femara, I never ovulated before CD 17-19...

Good point! In any case, I hope soy has helped and I hope this is your month!!!

I hope all you girls trying soy get some good results this cycle :)

I just had a revelation last night that I may need to back off the soy. I'm lactose intolerant, so substitute soy for everything - milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. After reading up on the soy supplements, I'm wondering if my long cycles are being caused by too much soy? I'm going to back off as much as possible this cycle and see if that does any good. Fingers crossed!

I am also in a similar situation - I am lactose intolerant, but I can eat a little real dairy without being sick, so I do - the problem is I don't eat meat and many meat substitutes are made from soy. I just took my last soy pill today and for the rest of the time I am going to try and avoid soy as much as I can!! I am also wondering if the soy iso is going to help because I do eat a lot of soy on a regular basis...I guess I will find out!!

Why so sad, katiekittykat?

I got 2 negative OPKs yesterday, after getting 2 faint lines the day before :( I'm starting to get OPK anxiety again! I got a faint line at around 7.30pm on cd12, but at 12noon on cd13 it was blank again. I'm worried that my surge was so short I missed it...or maybe cd12 was just a random light surge caused by the soy....or maybe OPKs are just never gonna work for me :wacko:

I should be OK because we're following SMEP but we missed out cd12 (the day I had the faint lines :dohh:). Back on track this morning though :winkwink:

The good news is you are still early in your cycle so you may not have missed your surge! Hopefully you get a nice strong ++ on an OPK soon!

Well now I'm confused....I had a positive opk on Sat morning and my temp has definitely shifted for the last few days, but fertilityfriend is saying that ovulation has been detected.

What does that mean?

Katiekittykat, I'm going to say that you haven't missed your surge at all. The research I have done says that you shouldn't read into the faint lines because they don't mean anything. Your body either surges or it doesn't.....so the only lines that matter or the ones that show up the same as the other line or darker than the other line.

Don't worry girl, you haven't missed it......it's coming your way soon!!! Are you temping?

Well now I'm confused....I had a positive opk on Sat morning and my temp has definitely shifted for the last few days, but fertilityfriend is saying that ovulation has been detected.

What does that mean?

Katiekittykat, I'm going to say that you haven't missed your surge at all. The research I have done says that you shouldn't read into the faint lines because they don't mean anything. Your body either surges or it doesn't.....so the only lines that matter or the ones that show up the same as the other line or darker than the other line.

Don't worry girl, you haven't missed it......it's coming your way soon!!! Are you temping?

Thanks Mackay - I really hope I haven't missed it. I'll be gutted. I temp and although my temp has gone up a bit, its nothing to make me think I might have ov'd already :hugs:

How many days has your temp been up? FF didn't detect my ov last cycle until I put the 4th elevated temp in. Try putting a dummy temp in for tomorrow and see what it says. x

What does that mean?

Yes, that! You can get faint lines whenever in your cycle, and it doesn't mean a thing. Some women OPK's will get gradually darker, others it doesn't work like that. Here is an awesome FAQ that answers almost every question about OPKs. Pay attention to #20

What does that mean?

Thanks Mackay - I really hope I haven't missed it. I'll be gutted. I temp and although my temp has gone up a bit, its nothing to make me think I might have ov'd already :hugs:

How many days has your temp been up? FF didn't detect my ov last cycle until I put the 4th elevated temp in. Try putting a dummy temp in for tomorrow and see what it says. x

It still didn't move???? Now I'm wondering if something went wrong. I have all of the signs that it did happen, but ferilityfriend is freaking me out. I had my + opk, I was wet, my cervix was high, my temp has been higher than normal for 3 days in a row, I'm a lot dryer now, my cervix is lower....so what the heck?

Maybe because my temp didn't spike? It gradually got higher over a couple days. I had all 36. 4's and 36.5's before and now I'm at 36.77...that has to be my shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->