Looked like a cannibal this morning. OH got fright of his life!! TMI warning.

Sunshine12

New Mummy
Reaction score
So I was flossing my teeth this morning and blood started pouring out of every single gum to the point where it was actually all over my teeth and lips and dripping out of my mouth!! Was disgusting!

My OH walked into the bathroom and got the fright of his life. It looked like I had been munching on human flesh.

Ive heard that bleeding gums is a symptom of pregnancy but this was unbelievable. I stopped smoking about 6 weeks ago when I found out so sure thats an attributing factor as I know it can cause bleeding due to increased blood flow.

Im thinking Ill maybe go to the dentist just to get it checked. Anyone else have bleeding gums? x

I haven't had this, but my dr just yesterday said this was normal. I had my annual pap and bled like crazy just from a few scrapes to my cervix!

lol @ the cannibal part... It's very normal to have bleeding in pregnancy. The hormones cause gum sensitivity and swelling (gingivitis). It's just extra important to keep up with your flossing, brushing, and using mouth wash because of this.

I have had this, my whole mouth would get bloody like I have never seen before just from brushing. I brush my teeth alot cause I don't liketo feel them dirty, my a little bit of my gums swelled up. I had a teeth cleaning 2 weeks ago, and they said it was normal, and it was from pregnancy and it should go away a little bit after baby is here. I still have some bleeding but not nearly as bad, i think the deep routine cleaning at the dentist did some good :)

I already had sensitive gums and now they seem to bleed more. i like to rinse with warm salt water (just don't swallow any!) it's a good natural way to calm the gums

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->