Looking for a buddy close in dates

I have mine tomorrow, so you can tell me! haha! I guess they will just check your weight and bmi and arrange an appointment for the midwife to get in touch, prob make sure you are taking folic acid and are avoiding certain foods...I'm excited for mine though as I feel like I am getting the ball rolling as at the moment I feel pretty useless not being able to do anything, buy anything or go to any scans yet lol!

I like the idea of a home birth too and au natural, my hubby would be afraid of me doing that though, especially with our first baby, wish I was brave enough too as well though, I also hate hospitals and think I would defo be more panicky and stressed in there but i'd always worry if I was doing wrong by my l/o if anything happened, I think there is something called a 'domino delivery', lol where you labour at home with a midwife and then go into hospital when it's time to give birth and check the baby over, then you'll be sent back home with a midwife to make sure everything's ok back at home, that sounds ideal but I don't know how I'd feel about moving once i'm heavily into my labour! lol And I don't know if all hospitals offer this service or not? worth getting info about it though I reckon : ) hope everyone is well today?

I went on a bit of a mad library session today, practically came home with the whole pregnancy shelf! lol Like I said before I feel pretty useless not being able to do anything yet so I figured i'd just involve myself by reading and reading and reading! lol!! x

I completely agree about feeling useless. Where I am from, I don't get to see my doc until 12weeks!!!!! It seems mad to me! I went in to comfirm pregnancy right after I found out, they drew blood and told me the results within 10mins. Then they gave me some reading material about their office and such, but none of that was with the doctor. :( I am patiently waiting for my doppler to arrive so I have something to do while I wait for my 1st appt. I hope I am successful in finding a heartbeat! Have a fabulous day ladies!!!! Oh and good luck with your appt today!

oooooo you'll have to let us know what the doppler is like and whether it is worth getting one : )
But yeah usually after you have confirmed a pregnancy with the doctor or nurse, then yeah it'll be 12 weeks that you get your first scan, usually between 8-12 when you get a booking app with your midwife, do u get assigned a midwife too or do you have to request that? not sure if it's different where you are? and whether you just see a doctor instead of a midwife? x

I think it will be atleast 16wks until I get a scan, if I remember correctly. My son is 5 so it's been awhile since I have done this :) No, I have a doctor picked out and will see him regularly. I'm not even sure if we have midwifes here??? I'm sure we do, but the 1st time I ever heard of them is when I joined this website :) I will for sure let you know how the doppler works.

Hi all

Hope everyone's having a good day? Have been sent home early from work today due to a power cut which I'm quite glad about as I've been so tired all day. Could've fallen asleep at my desk I think lol.

bfp How did your appt go? When I saw the dr all he did was ask a few questions, took my blood pressure and gave me the midwife's contact details. I expected a bit more to be honest! Now have to wait to see the midwife in a couple of weeks time.

FayA good luck with your appt tomorrow. Def know what you mean about feeling useless but it is a good time to read up on things!

How's everyone been today?

AverysMommy - It's funny to hear the differences of maternity care in the uk and us :) it's a shame you have to wait so long for a scan though! booo!

Summer76 - Thanks, i'll let you know how it goes but i'm sure they are all the same, not much the doctor can do at this stage, got a few questions to ask him though...must remember to write them down actually lol!! And it's always great when you get sent home early!! :D enjoy and rest while you can : ) I have been feeling a tad achey this afternoon actually but nothing too bad x

Hey ladies

Well my appointment was a bit of a anti climax, just asked me a few questions, gave me a printed out booking form and told me to take that to the receptionist who would then send it off to the Hospital. She said I should hear back from them within a week with regards to an appointment for an early scan. So fingers crossed I get one.

Hope yours is a little more exciting tomorrow Fay
and I hope all my bump buddies are blossoming :flower:

Hey ladies, sorry I've been away for a while, was out of the country and then haven't really been online much since! Hope everyone's doing well x

Hi all - hope everyone is well :)

I'm going to ring the EPAU this week to try and get seen for a early scan end of this week or early next week.
I want to know how far along I am, it's really bugging me that I don't know.
And really would love the reassurance that everything with little bean is ok.

With my daughter the first appointment I had was with the midwife between 8 and 9 weeks so after I've been to the EPAU, if they don't refer me, I'll self refer.
I know my Doctors don't do anything, they would just give me the telephone number. They don't even do a blood test to confirm pregnancy.

I'm so excited to get it all started though. OH and me agreed that if everything is ok with the scan then we'll go and treat ourselves to testing out some prams in mothercare <3 :)

I can't wait to have a little bump either - has anyone got the start of one or anything yet? My tummy is hard and it feels like my c-section scar is being pushed out (which it probably is lol).

Elle.xxx

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is feeling ok! Im having my usual morning nausea ...but I love it. It makes me feel reassured that I really am pregnant iykwim.
Im starting to show a little I think. Not much but I have a little pooch that wasn't there pure pregnancy. I can't wait to properly show! U should see me by the end of the day... full of bloat and looking 4months pregnant. Haha! I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Xx -Tara

I'm with you on the bloat! I'm taking pics of my belly week by week and it really isn't a good idea to do it in the evening! lol I also looked about 4 months pregnant last night! so much bloat!!

Had my doc app today, it went well, he gave me more folic acid, even though I have enough to last me! lol I also found out prescriptions are free over here in northern ireland! get in!! never gonna buy anything now haha! He also made me give a urine sample as they require confirmation so that was good to know they will also be confirming it, results will be in on fri though so have to call them back...what kind of test is that???! I thought they were instant! lol! surely they cause more work for themselves!?

Anyway, he also said I can arrange my first booking appointment when I call back too with the midwife, so I'm feeling excited for that : ) Hope everyone is well? I'm doing good today : ) x

Oh he also confirmed due date is 9th May and I am to call back oct time to arrange my flu jab, every pregnant woman should get one so I hope you girls will too what with the winter coming up : ) x

Afternoon ladies :flower:

@Pretty - I can understand your concerns hun, would they just allow you a scan though if there is no pain or bleeding ? and they don't think your pregnancy is at risk ? But then saying that I'm waiting for my appointment to come through for an early scan, because I'm unsure of my dates, because I had irregular periods. I hope they too give you a scan
Yup I have a mixture of Bloat & pre pregnancy fat tummy, My tummy is really hard and I can no longer sleep on it ( was my favourite position to fall asleep in )
And Yayyyy :happydance: for testing prams, me and DH did this on Saturday, I have settled for the Quinny Buzz travel system, I will buy that after christmas. I hope you find one you love

@Averysmommy- boo!! to the nausea, but as they say, the rougher mommy feels the healthier bubs is, My nausea stopped today thankfully. I'm with you on the bloat, I already look about 6 months pregnant lol

@Fay - wow having to give in a urine sample, my dr just took my word for it. And horay for free folic acid, that'l save you buying anymore. It feels more real doesn't it when they mention midwife appointment. I can't wait. How are you feeling? me and you are the closest in dates I think, my bubs is due 5th May :happydance:

Well what horrid weather today, our summer has officially ended :(
So today was my 1st day back at work, didn't see my Boss to tell him. But told my work colleague who was very supportive and did majority of heavy work, leaving me to do easier things, she's lovely but some aren't so helpful or understanding. Came home from work and collapsed on sofa and had a nap, woke up and was convinced all my pregnancy symptoms had gone, all the discomfort, heavy boobs, cramps, nausea. I have been moaning about them all week, and now I'm concerned I wish I had them back for reassurance. Tonight going to get an early night, ready for work again tomorrow at 6am.. Boo!!!

Have a fantastic evening ladies xx

I know, it is their policy to get assurance as some tests can be false...but I think it's just to save them from time wasters...although I don't know why anyone would say they were pregnant when they are not?? lol

Defo feels more real when the word midwife comes up lol! Can't wait for that, and the scan! :D wanna hear the heartbeat! and see my angel! :D my b-day is 6th may so I really hope the baby can hold off just for that day, i'd like to not share my birthday haha!
Boobs are heavy again today and a little more tender than usual, had slight lower back aches like period pain, but nothing too serious and it only lasts for half hr or so.

Glad work is supportive and I think you'll always experience those who just don't have a clue what being pregnant means! lol Just try and relax and don't be forced to do anything you are not happy with : ) It's always the way, we moan with out symptoms and then we moan without them haha! that just makes us human! : ) just enjoy it! x

@Pretty - I can understand your concerns hun, would they just allow you a scan though if there is no pain or bleeding ? and they don't think your pregnancy is at risk ? But then saying that I'm waiting for my appointment to come through for an early scan, because I'm unsure of my dates, because I had irregular periods. I hope they too give you a scan
Yup I have a mixture of Bloat & pre pregnancy fat tummy, My tummy is really hard and I can no longer sleep on it ( was my favourite position to fall asleep in )
And Yayyyy :happydance: for testing prams, me and DH did this on Saturday, I have settled for the Quinny Buzz travel system, I will buy that after christmas. I hope you find one you love

Yeah they want me to go in, they said after miscarriage in July that they want to monitor me as I'm now considered high risk of another miscarriage and/or ectopic.
I'm also unsure of my dates as I didn't have a period after miscarriage, so I've no idea where to date from. I guess I'm around 4-5weeks.
Yeah I'm with you on the hard tummy and being unable to sleep on it - it feels like thats the only position I want to sleep in now just because I can't too!! :dohh:
I can't wait to go have a look at prams, I really can't. I love the look of the Petite Star Kurvi 4.. or Mothercare Spin but it will all depend on what can fit in my car boot :haha:
I'll let you all know afterwards though, how it all went and if we decided on a pram :happydance:
xxx

Got appointment with EPAU on Friday morning at 9.15am :happydance:

I'm so excited, I can't wait.
Hopefully have HCG levels checked and a transvaginal scan to see how the little bean is doing and hopefully in the right place this time - fingers crossed!

Only thing thats a downer, my OH doesn't know if he can get time from work to make it :(
I was alone for a lot of the appointments during July before the miscarriage and it scares me to think I'll be alone again if they have to tell me they can't find the baby :cry:
I know he wants to be there though so he will do all he can.

Hope everyone is feeling ok this morning.. I'm good, but had a crappy nights sleep. :coffee:
xxx

Hopefully have HCG levels checked and a transvaginal scan to see how the little bean is doing and hopefully in the right place this time - fingers crossed!

Only thing thats a downer, my OH doesn't know if he can get time from work to make it :(
I was alone for a lot of the appointments during July before the miscarriage and it scares me to think I'll be alone again if they have to tell me they can't find the baby :cry:

Hope everyone is feeling ok this morning.. I'm good, but had a crappy nights sleep. :coffee:
xxx

Good luck with your scan on Friday, hopefully everything will be how you want it.

Hopefully your DH will be able to get the time off. I know it's a real bummer if he can't. My DH travels a lot with his job so he will miss some appointments, just hope he is able to make my first scan because it would be hard to go alone incase everything is not okay.

xxx

Good luck with your scan on Friday, hopefully everything will be how you want it.

Hopefully your DH will be able to get the time off. I know it's a real bummer if he can't. My DH travels a lot with his job so he will miss some appointments, just hope he is able to make my first scan because it would be hard to go alone incase everything is not okay.

Yeah it was hard last time doing it alone and things weren't ok. But I'm more positive this time, the whole pregnancy feels better. Just really hope everything is ok.

For some reason I just feel like if he's there then it will be ok.. :dohh: stupid as that sounds lol.xxx

awww good luck prettyunable, fingers crossed for you on friday!! :D i'm sure all will be well and that's good that you have a good feeling :) xxx

awww good luck prettyunable, fingers crossed for you on friday!! :D i'm sure all will be well and that's good that you have a good feeling :) xxx

Yeah thats what I was thinking but then I worry that I'm going to jinx myself lol :dohh:

I have a question for you ladies: I have a clearblue digital test left that I was going to take on Sunday as thats then 2 weeks after I took 1st one and got 1-2weeks, and I want to see 2-3weeks or 3+ weeks as I've never had that before.
But now with the appointment on Friday, do I still take the test on Sunday even after knowing HCG levels and having a scan or do I take it today, tomorrow or Friday morning before the appointment in the hope that it's changed and try to relax my nerves abit?

If that makes sense...
My OH isn't being helpful at all - just keeps saying do it when it feels right for you. (Arse, I'm asking you to help me, not just say whenever like you don't care :roll: - bloody men!lol)
xxx

I think if that was me then I would want to take it either tomorrow or friday morning just so that I can relieve my nerves a bit, and then you can get either confirmation or reassurance on friday at your app too, I mean like you say it's been 2 weeks since your last test so I reckon it should defo come up more than 1-2 weeks now, if everything has been relatively normal for you and no real worries etc, and then also if it does still say 1-2 weeks then you can query that on fri at your appointment, especially if they say that all looks well.
Hope that helps? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->