Looking for a buddy close in dates

Good Luck to you! Fingers crossed for you! This is my 2nd! And my name is Allie :)

well as you have probably guessed i'm Fay lol!
And I haven't got a clue how I stayed up that late as I was actually almost falling asleep when we went out for dinner!!! lol I was forcing myself, I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I pretty much slept til gone 1 in the afternoon on sat and sun! lol
I've just got in from work and I think i'm gonna go back to bed in a bit! lol and stay there!
I don't know about anyone else, but my libido is very low at the moment, don't know if it's because we did so much whilst ttc or whether it's a mixture of tiredness/hormones? Do you mind if I ask whether you are having sex during the first trimester? I know it's safe and everything but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, we've just been fooling around, I guess I'm just scared because where I have read that the blood vessels in your vagina can swell with the hormones and can also burst when you have sex, i'm just worried that this will happen and i'll think i'm miscarrying or something....am I just mad?? lol! I just don't want to risk any blood occurring in that department!
Husbands being understanding but I know he really wants it! lol

Can't remember if this was briefly discussed earlier in the thread or whether that was a different thread lol
Thanks x

Thanks Allie, keep everything crossed for you too :)

We've only dtd once since having :bfp: I know it must be frustrating for my OH but he is being so understanding and supportive of it. Bless him. He totally understands how scared I am and we don't want to do anything to risk the baby...
But it's going to be a long time to wait for 2nd tri.
Might just try and stick to dtd when we fancy but very careful and gently... but maybe that won't make any difference? :shrug:

Yeah I was thinking that, if we did give in then defo very carefully and gently and prob lots of lube too lol(sorry tmi!) just incase! lol I think i'd feel better once we have the first scan so that I can see that the baby is growing fine and hear the heartbeat, then i'll be able to relax a little more I expect, good to hear i'm not the only one worried about that though :) x

I sooo understand!!
I'm pretty sure my low libido is from worry more than hormones or nausea :dohh:
I can't wait to hear the lo's heartbeat. I'm going to buy a doppler in a couple of weeks, it's going to be my treat to myself.
I know I'll probably drive myself crazy with it but it will be totally worth it to hear that heart beating :)

Hi Fay,

Me and my DH have been dtd since the BFP and not had any problems (haven't seen a drop of blood since the end of my last af in July) I think as long as I don't bleed then I'm happy to continue but if I did spot (even though I know this can happen) I would ask DH to wait until after the scan.

Oh yeah and I'm Kristen by the way.

Me and DH have DTD once, but I made sure he was gentle... I was worried sick about it, but everything went fine. I, however, have no energy to want to do it. Ha! Maybe in a few weeks... :) I was telling DH just a little bit ago that I feel like crap all day, and by evening when I finally feel better I just want to eat and then sleep :) ha! My poor DH but he is very understanding. My name is Tara btw.

Ellie - That sounds great, you'll defo have to let me know what you think and whether its worth it : )

Kristen - Thanks for that, it is nice to see that it can happen without any blood!! lol I may just give it a go...if I can muster up the energy! lol

Tara - I feel totally the same, somehow when its during the day it's not the right time as there are things to do etc but then when it comes to evening i'm too tired anyway!! lol

We haven't dtd yet since getting our bfp mainly because I'm being overly cautious but also because I have no energy to do it! Thankfully dh is very understanding and being very supportive but I do feel bad for him!

I'm Ali btw xx

Im due in May 2012 too!! We can be buddies! Is this your first?

Hi Allie and welcome :flower: I'm due either 29th April or about 4th May depending on which nurse/midwife I speak to! This is my first :)

How are you feeling so far?

thanks Ali, good to know i'm not insane!! lol

I slept loads yesterday had 3 hrs in the afternoon and a full 9 hrs last night too! and i could have stayed there this morning too!! lol looking forward to being home again later haha
hope you are all well? xxx

I don't know about anyone else, but my libido is very low at the moment, don't know if it's because we did so much whilst ttc or whether it's a mixture of tiredness/hormones? Do you mind if I ask whether you are having sex during the first trimester? I know it's safe and everything but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, we've just been fooling around, I guess I'm just scared because where I have read that the blood vessels in your vagina can swell with the hormones and can also burst when you have sex, i'm just worried that this will happen and i'll think i'm miscarrying or something....am I just mad?? lol! I just don't want to risk any blood occurring in that department!
Husbands being understanding but I know he really wants it! lol

Thanks x

Hey Fay

In answer to your question I am exactly the same, I haven't had any sexy time since Bubs was conceived. I have no desire for it, my Libido has gone completely out of the window. I just feel so yucky and when I go to bed all I want to do is sleep. DH understands, and thankfully has a low sex drive so he hasn't pushed for it either. I know he has needs so I have had to take care of him manually ;) if you know what I mean.

But you're definitely not alone, we dtd so much during ttc that I think i've burn't myself out xx

Morning ladies
sorry I've been a bit AWOL, my laptop decided to die on me. Bought another one now so I can get back on here.

How are you all doing?

I'm still exhausted, nauseated, and working myself into the ground. I have today off thankfully. Then Saturday I am off to Wales to spend a week with family. so if I don't post all week you know why!!

I've told my employer that I'm pregnant, not that it makes any difference my workload is still the same. It's so hard as my Job involves a lot of heavy manual work.

So have any of you ladies bought anything yet ? I have gone a little crazy and practically bought everything. I'm putting off buying travel system until January, as thats going to be our most expensive purchase.
It's just so exciting!!!

And I'm Rae by the way :kiss::kiss:

Rae!! You've practically bought everything?? haha! awww I haven't bought anything yet, I just can't bring myself too, especially as no-one knows yet and I'm worried of bumping into people when i'm buying baby stuff! lol

I'm glad you feel the same about the sex thing, and I sometimes think, oh maybe I'll just push myself to at the wknd or something, and then I think no! i'm not gonna force myself to do anything at the moment, my body needs to relax and i'm not gonna over-do it either, I just wanna get through this trimester and then we can take it from there! It's not the end of the world!! lol But Yeah I'm the same, we still do foreplay! ;)

Hope you have a lovely time in wales, my visit to my family at the beginning of oct can't come quickly enough!! I'm so impatient! lol

Tirdeness is really starting to kick in for me this week, not surprised as the baby is supposed to be doubling in size so i've had to have afternoon naps lol! I hate doing it but I really need too! Can't cope without one now, gonna see how I get on today.
xxx

Hello ladies!!
I am so there with you all on the tiredness. Last friday night I was asleep by 7:30! Haha! I had a bit of a scare yesterday with some discomfort and brown discharge so my doc ordered a sonogram and everything was perfect! I got to see my little babe and hear the heartbeat! It makes waiting until 16 weeks a little more bearable! I hope you all have a lovely day!

Hello ladies!!
I am so there with you all on the tiredness. Last friday night I was asleep by 7:30! Haha! I had a bit of a scare yesterday with some discomfort and brown discharge so my doc ordered a sonogram and everything was perfect! I got to see my little babe and hear the heartbeat! It makes waiting until 16 weeks a little more bearable! I hope you all have a lovely day!

Awww so sorry for your scare but really pleased all is ok and you got to see your baby and hear their heartbeat! Can't wait for that moment! Think i'll cry!! lol x

Hello ladies!!

Awww so sorry for your scare but really pleased all is ok and you got to see your baby and hear their heartbeat! Can't wait for that moment! Think i'll cry!! lol x

Thanks dear! I really thought I would cry also but I didn't, I was just in awe :) do you have a scan scheduled?

no not yet, : ( i'm still waiting to hear back from a midwife to make a booking appointment, it's been almost a week now, maybe I should call the doctors again next week to make sure they haven't forgotten me! lol Even if they say the appointments not til 10 weeks or whatever, at least I will know! I just hate not knowing at the mo, in limbo land! x

Hello ladies!!

sorry for your scare but so pleased everything is all ok and that you got to see LO! So exciting! :)

Fay, I've only just got my midwife appointment through and it's not for a couple more weeks! Feels like this part is taking forever!

I saw a good friend today and I really wanted to tell her the news but DH and I have agreed to wait until the 12 week scan before we tell anyone (apart from immediately family). Was so hard though! Have any of you told anyone yet or are you waiting?

Rae, have a lovely time in Wales. I've not even thought about buying stuff yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->