Looking for a TTC Buddy...

KittyMarie-thanksss :happydance:
Can you tell me a little bit about your ttc journey?? I have been trying for over a year. I came off the depo shot in May 2010 and have only ovulated one time which was two months ago and that month I ended up with a chemical pregnancy. I have an appt with a fertility clinic on Aug 1st and I'm soooo excited :haha:

I would love to hear more about your journey!!!

Good Luck. I haven't gone that far yet but if I had $ I would so do it...

Luckily my insurance covers fertilty clinic visits and all the testing they do. How long have you been TTC?? I never thought trying to get pregnant would be so hard!!](*,)

I don't have Ins yet. Will get it in Nov hopefully. If I wait till I have it, it may never happen. My hubbie will start his career in May of 2012 so We will have some $ by then I hope. We started TTC 3 weeks ago so we are officially newbies.

I don't think a rwo day period is normal but coming off the pill your cycles can take a while to regulate. Also a chemical pregnancy is where the sperm and egg meet but doesn't implant and all of it comes out in your next period. Alot of women have them and never know. If you test really early in your cycle and get a positive then test again about a week later and get a negitive it was probably a chemical pregnancy. I never realized how hard getting pregnant is.. I'm glad I found this website. It seems like all my friends that were TTC got pregnant right away so its nice to know im not the only one :)

I don't think a rwo day period is normal but coming off the pill your cycles can take a while to regulate. Also a chemical pregnancy is where the sperm and egg meet but doesn't implant and all of it comes out in your next period. Alot of women have them and never know. If you test really early in your cycle and get a positive then test again about a week later and get a negitive it was probably a chemical pregnancy. I never realized how hard getting pregnant is.. I'm glad I found this website. It seems like all my friends that were TTC got pregnant right away so its nice to know im not the only one :)

I went off BC pills in Jan so it will take a year to regulate completely from what I am told.
Thanks for the chemical clarification also.
I also just started taking Primrose Oil to increase cervical muc. and the hubbie is now taking supliments to increase his testosterone to help sperm count. we shall see if it helps.
I moved away from all my friends when I moved to south FL so this is nice for me.
Have you noticed that all of a sudden kids are everywhere? Or is it that I have finally noticed them?

I just wanted to add that when I was on BC (back in 2005 and 2006) they told me that it takes about 6 months for it to get out of your system...well I believe this because no joke, 6 months later, I was pregnant....and 16!!!

I just wanted to add that when I was on BC (back in 2005 and 2006) they told me that it takes about 6 months for it to get out of your system...well I believe this because no joke, 6 months later, I was pregnant....and 16!!!

wow. 6 months? Ad i was so scared to even miss a pill? oh well.
Hopefully I will a to-for when I get PG...

wow. 6 months? Ad i was so scared to even miss a pill? oh well.
Hopefully I will a to-for when I get PG...

Well, there are some ladies who get pregnant just from missing ONE pill....I mean, the pill is only like....90 something % accurate right? For me, it was VERY accurate.

Mind if I join in ladies?

DH and I were waiting until we were married before we started trying so went off BC in March 2011. July was my fourth cycle but AF caught me a few days ago.

So on to August! If the 6 months is correct for the BC to get out of my system then looks like September might be my month. I will still hold out hope for August though. Can't wait to get my BFP!! :)

I'm with you DHime, I was on the pill for 15 years. I have no idea what normal is for me. Before I went on the pill in 1996, I had AF for 7-10 days, most being heavy days. I also suffered from Ovarian cysts. Never had an easy time down there...
Anyway, my first 2 cycles post-BC were fairly normal but June and July were just awful. If this is how my period is "normal" I don't know how much more I can take. Not getting pregnant is bad enough without an everlasting period to go along with it. How am I supposed to try if I'm never "available".
It's like insult to injury! :hissy:

Mind if I join in ladies?

DH and I were waiting until we were married before we started trying so went off BC in March 2011. July was my fourth cycle but AF caught me a few days ago.

So on to August! If the 6 months is correct for the BC to get out of my system then looks like September might be my month. I will still hold out hope for August though. Can't wait to get my BFP!! :)

Welcome!
I hope sept is your month - I would love it if it were mine also. My BDay is in sept so it would be a great gift. I am happy with august though if I am lucky.

Hmm... anyone else notice a difference in how you feel comming off the pills? I practically feel like a new woman.

I wish I remembered how I felt but it's been too long now. I can't believe I haven't been on BC since 2006 and nothing......I didn't think about it till now. Well, I shouldn't say "nothing" because I conceived my 1 son right after but that's it besides the mc. ok maybe I can't complain?

I felt crazy coming off the pill (on it for 10 years) I was so emotional and had bizarre feelings all over my body, I thought I might have been pregnant.

After 5 months off BC, I feel really clean.

I'm lucky though, I think. My AF was 5 weeks late the first month I was off BC (another reason I thought I might have been pg) but after that it has been pretty consistent with 24-26 day cycles. So feel lucky to have settled down rather quickly, and for shortish cycles. Although I do worry about having a potentially short LP.

How is everyone else doing?!

I went off BC pills in Jan so it will take a year to regulate completely from what I am told.
Thanks for the chemical clarification also.
I also just started taking Primrose Oil to increase cervical muc. and the hubbie is now taking supliments to increase his testosterone to help sperm count. we shall see if it helps.
I moved away from all my friends when I moved to south FL so this is nice for me.
Have you noticed that all of a sudden kids are everywhere? Or is it that I have finally noticed them?[/QUOTE]

Yesss I have noticed that kids are EVERYWHERE now!! Everytime I turn my head there is a kid there. Also i wanted to tell you, have you ever tried vitex? It helps regulate your cycles. Alot of my friends have used it and it worked for them. The only down side to it is it can take like 3 months to start working. I was going to try it but decided to go to the fertility clinic instead. If you decide to try it let me know how it works for you!!

I see babies and children EVERYWHERE!! Although, it doesn't help that it's school holidays here.

I was even watching an episode of Without a Trace and right at the end (nothing about it in the rest of the episode) the blonde one was sitting on the bed and looking worried, she got up walked across the room and picked up a pregnancy test...it was positive. I was like 'c'mon...TV...why must you hurt me like this!?! I thought we were friends!!'.

Had also attending a baby shower that day...so it was a downer...

I see babies and children EVERYWHERE!! Although, it doesn't help that it's school holidays here.

I was even watching an episode of Without a Trace and right at the end (nothing about it in the rest of the episode) the blonde one was sitting on the bed and looking worried, she got up walked across the room and picked up a pregnancy test...it was positive. I was like 'c'mon...TV...why must you hurt me like this!?! I thought we were friends!!'.

Had also attending a baby shower that day...so it was a downer...

wow! even on tv.... Don't let it be a downer.
Even my neighbor (who I didn't know was PG) showed of this 1 month old little girl right when I came home tonight. Ouch...

Awwww I want a one month old little girl! ;)

Sooo I'm on CD3 and AF has stopped. I got up this morning and the tiniest bit of spotting, I put this down to gravity maybe...but still only the lighest spotting at 12.30pm (I'm in NZ). Bit more when I wipe, but it's not red it's more pink (hint of brown). Anyone ever had AF cut short on them? Two days is extremely unusual for me!!

I sure wish I had a one month old little girl to show off!! I'm hoping when I go to the fertility clinic they will put me on clomid to help me ovulate..ahh its so frustrating!! I'm a little worried about having to get all kinds of blood drawn for all kinds of different tests though..but hopefully iy will give me a better chance at getting pregnant...SOON!! :wohoo:

hi ladies,
i was on the pill for 9 years before coming off in Sept last year. I stopped taking after i had the worst period pain of my life - i ended up in bed for two days and at the doctor thinking something was wrong. nothing was wrong but i decided it was natures way of pointing out that im getting older and the clock is ticking:wacko:
Since then my cycles are actually getting longer. last one was 39 days. i thought i was pg for a whole 5 days then the dreaded AF showed up. it is really annoying having long ones as it feels like forever between Ov. Right now i am CD31 and EAGER to test. but the sensible me knows i may be heading for BFN disappointment:dohh:

Yes I agree there are babies EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE is announcing pregnancies. it is hard to keep positive but i think our time will come \\:D/

hey alyssa09, what is vitex? i am taking some herbs and so is my DH ..its the first month on them so hope they do something soon

Awwww I want a one month old little girl! ;)

Sooo I'm on CD3 and AF has stopped. I got up this morning and the tiniest bit of spotting, I put this down to gravity maybe...but still only the lighest spotting at 12.30pm (I'm in NZ). Bit more when I wipe, but it's not red it's more pink (hint of brown). Anyone ever had AF cut short on them? Two days is extremely unusual for me!!

I KNOW RIGHT!? My AF was only 2 days also. It was the same when I was on BC pills. When I came off them, I had normal periods although the timming was a bit off. a bit longer than 28 day cycle I think. Not sure what it means though.:shrug:

Hang in there!:thumbup:

hi ladies,
i was on the pill for 9 years before coming off in Sept last year. I stopped taking after i had the worst period pain of my life - i ended up in bed for two days and at the doctor thinking something was wrong. nothing was wrong but i decided it was natures way of pointing out that im getting older and the clock is ticking:wacko:
Since then my cycles are actually getting longer. last one was 39 days. i thought i was pg for a whole 5 days then the dreaded AF showed up. it is really annoying having long ones as it feels like forever between Ov. Right now i am CD31 and EAGER to test. but the sensible me knows i may be heading for BFN disappointment:dohh:

Yes I agree there are babies EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE is announcing pregnancies. it is hard to keep positive but i think our time will come \\:D/

hey alyssa09, what is vitex? i am taking some herbs and so is my DH ..its the first month on them so hope they do something soon

Good question. What is CD also...
We also started reading books for my DH. I can't find much out there for the guys to:winkwink: get support. Anyone know of any?

hi ladies,

Vitex or chastberry is an herb that help regulate your cycles. It takes a while to start working but if your having irregular cycles or not ovulating on a regular basis this herb will help. Alot of my friends have taken it and it has worked for them. You can buy it at g&c or the vitamin shoppe for like ten bucks or so. I was going to try it but figured a fertility clinic would be faster at helping me return to normal and get pregnant faster!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->