Looking for Encouragement or I don't know what...

afahy83

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm 8 weeks along in my second pregnancy. I have a very (VERY!!) spirited 15 month old daughter. I'm feeling super down in the dumps and just looking for some encouragement I guess. I have round the clock morning sickness which keeps me from getting much sleep or proper nutrition. I feel depressed :( I moved to Ecuador far away from my family in the USA and I miss them very much. I miss how beautiful the land is where I'm from, I miss my time in nature. My husband is with me and a big help at least. I'm finding it difficult to do anything at all. Maybe things will improve in the 2nd trimester. I feel so down in the dumps I can't seem to find joy in much of anything. Been there? Got past it??

Sorry things are so hard right now. I'm imagine it must be esp difficult being far away from family and home when you're pregnant...and dealing with nausea on top of it all. I have a 20month old and some days it's till exhausting being pregnant with a toddler BUT for me it got much easier once my nausea finally went away at about 14weeks. And before 14w, I had a few days here and there that were nausea free and even though I was tired, it was amazing to not feel sick every time I ate. It will get better for you too- I hope it happens sooner rather than later. And make sure to ask/tell your husband when you need help with your 15monh old or just need to lay down and get some rest. I found my nausea was worse when I didnt get enough sleep (which was most of the time with a toddler at home!) Best of luck!!

Is there no antenatal groups or classes near by? I know you may not feel up to much at the minute but even find a few local ladies that maybe in the same situation as you could be a great sense of community and possibly help with being home sick if you can find something you enjoy where you are xx
I don't really have much experience of feeling how you do or not to the extent you do anyway, I live a distance from my family and parents so I Defo understand the missing them and where your from.
I hope as you get further along it helps with the nausea and you can start to enjoy things much more.

All the best xx

things will get better! I remember early on with the sickness and fatigue feeling like a horrible mother. that was what made it so bad. he even started acting up at school bc the lack of attention he got. it got better though! all of my family is four hours away, though nothing like yours, distance is distance regardless. that part is hard. is there anyone else to help with your daughter? that may help you get some rest. hopefully you don't have much longer of this anguish. best of luck and remember you're allowed to feel this way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->