Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Good luck Hockey24!!!! :)

I just started my first cycle of IVF and ICSI. I'm on cd9, started puregon 7 days ago, it's going good, no symptomes except a little bloated. Went 2 days ago for my first ultrasound and the dr. said that the follicles were growing fast but needed to slow down a little. Kept me on the same dose. Went this morning and said I had 12 follicles, 1 will possibly be too big, 2 possibly too small and 9 at 16-17mm which they said was good. I thought I had read that average women would have 24-30 follicles, am I mistaken, cause if not, 9 is not alot? I am so confused I don't know what to think. They said they will probably trigger me tomorrow. I am going back tomorrow morning so I will know more.
We've been ttc for 4 yrs, had a blighted ovum 3 yrs ago. This is our first fertility treatment. It is a male factor. Should I be happy with 9 follicles? Is that good?
I am also new to this blog.
Good luck to all of you :) I do believe in miracles :) xo

roxane1986, welcome and best of luck!
I'm sorry I cannot help you with your question, but what did the doctor say? From many ladies on this board I don't think I have seen many with such high number of follicles (24-30), I think the highest I have heard of was 17. Maybe by tomorrow the little ones will grow? :shrug: sorry I am not much help hun, but best of luck tomorrow!

PS: I also believe in miracles :hugs::hugs::hugs:

noasaint - so glad you're beta is still rising! When you tested did you use a frer or ic?

I think I'm going to test tomorrow morning. That will be 8dp3dt....NERVOUS! I've had some really mild off and on cramping so far and my breasts are sore but it could all be because of the meds or AF sneaking up on me :shrug:

Hockey - Good luck!

Roxane - 24-30 is a lot and I think they would start worrying about hyperstimulation at that point. I had 8 large follicles going into trigger and ended up with 15 eggs so you should be perfectly fine with 9. Some tend to catch up with the trigger.

Hi ladies, needing abit of hope right now I had my 5 day transfer 6 days ago the last 2 days I've had period pains & lower back pains I'm so scared this hasn't worked.x

Hi ladies, needing abit of hope right now I had my 5 day transfer 6 days ago the last 2 days I've had period pains & lower back pains I'm so scared this hasn't worked.x

I suggest you go and read the IVF success rate thread. Very inspiring and lots of ladies who said they just knew AF was coming based on the symptoms. Remember the symptoms are very similiar!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

afm - preg mention scanned again today 5wk 5day and did transvag
twins. both had heartbeats https://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5563/photo2gja.jpg
end mention

Congratulations drsquid- that is fantastic. Beautiful scan

Roxane- I had 28ish follicles and the hospital were really concerned and said they might have frozen any embryos as hyper simulation was a big risk with that many. I got 16 eggs , which again they said was high. I would try not to get hung up on the numbers- all you want is one (or 2!) healthy eggs that fertilise and implant fx. In a normal cycle you only tend to get 1 or 2. Keep positive and try not to worry.

Drsquid OMG!!!!! Amazing. I know you don't want twins but I'm sure you can handle it. Congrats on the hb!!

Raelynn, I used FRER. Couldn't get the ic to register till a week later. Good luck!!!

Babyhope, try to have some hope. I felt the same way, kinda crampy and pains. Lots of ladies feel this way and get BFP.

Roxanne, you sound like you have plenty of follies!! I only had 4 so you are way ahead of me. Lots of luck to you!!!

BFN on the ic this morning. 8dp3dt I'm saving one of my 2 FRERs for tomorrow but starting to lose hope :(

roxane1986, welcome and best of luck!
I'm sorry I cannot help you with your question, but what did the doctor say? From many ladies on this board I don't think I have seen many with such high number of follicles (24-30), I think the highest I have heard of was 17. Maybe by tomorrow the little ones will grow? :shrug: sorry I am not much help hun, but best of luck tomorrow!

PS: I also believe in miracles :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ok so I spoke to the nurse today and she specified that I did get 36 follicles on a natural cycle but that includes all of them, the very small ones as well.
This morning I had over 30 as well but 12 of them are between 17 and 20mm. One of them 24.1 :wacko: I'm doing the trigger shot tonight and we do the ER Thursday morning. God, this is intense!! how long after the ER do we have our first beta?

Congratulations drsquid- that is fantastic. Beautiful scan

Roxane- I had 28ish follicles and the hospital were really concerned and said they might have frozen any embryos as hyper simulation was a big risk with that many. I got 16 eggs , which again they said was high. I would try not to get hung up on the numbers- all you want is one (or 2!) healthy eggs that fertilise and implant fx. In a normal cycle you only tend to get 1 or 2. Keep positive and try not to worry.

Thanks for your reply, I went this morning and the nurse specified everything for me. I'm reliefed. I have 12 follies between 17 and 20 mm.. I start the trigger shot tonight. ER is thursday morning... Cant wait!!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. This is really helping me to calm down and go one day at a time. I start the trigger shot tonight. We do the ER thursday morning. This morning I had 12 follies between 15 and 20mm... And ALOT of smaller ones.
I'm so happy I'm done with puregon though, I started feeling kinda wierd yesterday. Shaky on the inside. So hopefully I don't have too many more symptomes with the trigger shot.

Raelynn, I'm sorry I am so new to this blog, I don't understand all the abreviations but I don't think you should lose hope!!!!! Stay positive!!

Good luck Roxane.

Ladies in the 2ww- keep strong and stay positive. You cannot be sure when the little one will implant. Some are early others are late. It's emotionally exhausting after everything else you have to go through. Sending you all hugs, an superglue to your little embbies. Xxxx

hi babyhope,
i am the exact same as you, I am of 6 days past a 5dayt also! and going out of my mind with worry.
I have lower adominal pains,also every few days and they feel exactly like period pains...so think iam out also, i have to go to the hospital monday for the blood test,but i think the period will arrive before then.

hugs down the web
xxxxx

Good luck roxane!!!

Do not lose hope Raelynn. At 8dp3dt I got nothing on ic too. FRER was so light I could barely see it without squinting. Try tomorrow or Thursday and see what happens with the FRER. Sending you baby dust!!

AFM, 2nd beta was 128. Doubling time is 53.60 hours. Trying to remain positive but the numbers are so low compared to everyone else.

Thanks noasaint. I think as long as your beta keeps going up you're good. I've heard of people with lower betas than you have perfectly healthy pregnancies so keeping my fingers crossed yours just keeps climbing!

I so want to go pee on that FRER right now but I told hubby I'd wait until tomorrow morning. I had him squinting at tests with me tonight and he told me I was crazy. I have major line eye from staring at these tiny little test strips. At least tomorrows will be bigger. I so hope I get a positive tomorrow but I'm really dreading another BFN.

Noasaint - FX'd for you those numbers keep climbing!! :happydance::happydance: When is your next one?

Raelyn - resist the temptation and wait until tomorrow! Will you be 11 days past retrieval tomorrow? That should be a great day to test! :thumbup:

AFM - had my retrieval this morning and was shocked we got 7 eggs! The doc didn't know where they come from but they were there. Phew! Thank goodness! Now FX'd we get a great fertilization report tomorrow! :flower:

I'll be 12 days past retrieval tomorrow and 9dp3dt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->