Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Congrats hockey and roxane!! Those u/s are just amazing aren't they? I definitely miss the weekly ones at the RE. In between mine now I work myself up into a nervous wreck. I'm so glad both of you got to see your little beans and I'm so happy for both of you to be preggers :)

Decided to stay home from work today. I was feeling pretty yucky most of yesterday and I'm super tired. On Monday I told my boss that I'm expecting. He seemed surprised but said congrats. DH had a good point if I tell them then I might have a better chance of not getting let go since I'm refusing to work 15-20 hours OT like they want. Firing a pregnant woman would be a huge mess considering we are one of the top 5 largest banks in the country.

On Tuesday I also told two work friends, both asked what was going on with me because they know I've been offered other positions at other companies so why wouldn't I leave. So I told them and they were both super excited which made me feel good. Both understood that I have to stay for the benefits but I told them I won't be coming back from maternity leave. They agreed it's a good decision. Next week is the NT testing and I'll be 11w6d so I'll tell my team then. They know something is up because of all the appointments and my irritability lately along with not staying late for OT. Will be nice to get it off my chest. LOL.

For those with OH........question for you. Do you find your OH using not so nice words about the little bean? I know my DH wants this baby but sometimes he calls it alien or little sh^t, words like that. Not in a mean way, I guess he's joking but it's bugging me. He said he's finding it hard to be super excited because it looks like a blob still and I don't look different, he can't feel anything, etc. I'm going to talk to him this weekend about it seriously, I'm just afraid he's picking up my FIL's attitude towards kids which isn't a good one.

It's nice to stay home from work!! I took the day off yesterday for my u/s, felt nice to sleep in, even though I dont really sleep in cause I have to get up cause of hunger pains lol

I havnt' told work yet because I work for the government and it's all contract here, but I could possibly get a permanent position soon so I don't want this to affect that. I'll wait as long as I can! Even 4 months if I can..

DH doesnt really say anything, he touched my belly maybe 3 times since but he keeps calling me at work to know how I'm feeling! If it bugs then Im sure if you tell him he will understand ;) I just call mine the lil baby! lol not so original but just saw the hb yesterday so it is still new and like a dream! :cloud9:

today I'm officially starting my MS... I have been feeling sort of queasy since Friday but this morning I couldn't help it and got sick. I've been feeling yucky all day and don't feel like eating anything (just pasta!). I am lucky that I work from home, but I do some traveling for work... when I tell my boss I don't know what he'll say. I'll tell them when I'm past my 12 weeks.

noasaint, I am sorry DH is hurting your feelings. Guys can be so weird!:grr: I think for them it doesn't become real until they are able to hold the baby in their arms. For us is different because we carry the babies from this early stage, and go through hormonal and physical changes. My DH I think has a bit more experience as he already has 2 girls from his first marriage. He calls the babies: "the boys" (I just hope there is at least 1 boy in there! lol) and he talks to them, well, not really talk, he gets near my belly and yells: "HELLOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOOO.... it's dad!" pretty cute actually. When I told him about the off the record scan he just asked me: "are you happy" I wanted to smack him in the head... duh! of course I was happy! he also asked me: "can they tell the sex" :haha: I'm only 6 weeks and he wants to know the sex! :dohh:
Talk to DH and let him know how you are feeling, I am sure he'll understand!

today I'm officially starting my MS... I have been feeling sort of queasy since Friday but this morning I couldn't help it and got sick. I've been feeling yucky all day and don't feel like eating anything (just pasta!). I am lucky that I work from home, but I do some traveling for work... when I tell my boss I don't know what he'll say. I'll tell them when I'm past my 12 weeks.

noasaint, I am sorry DH is hurting your feelings. Guys can be so weird!:grr: I think for them it doesn't become real until they are able to hold the baby in their arms. For us is different because we carry the babies from this early stage, and go through hormonal and physical changes. My DH I think has a bit more experience as he already has 2 girls from his first marriage. He calls the babies: "the boys" (I just hope there is at least 1 boy in there! lol) and he talks to them, well, not really talk, he gets near my belly and yells: "HELLOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOOO.... it's dad!" pretty cute actually. When I told him about the off the record scan he just asked me: "are you happy" I wanted to smack him in the head... duh! of course I was happy! he also asked me: "can they tell the sex" :haha: I'm only 6 weeks and he wants to know the sex! :dohh:
Talk to DH and let him know how you are feeling, I am sure he'll understand!

Hope you feel better!! But I'm sure it's all worth it!! I heard that when you have ms it means the baby is doing very well!! :) If you don't have it doesnt mean he's not doing well but if you have it then it eases your mind hehe

that's what I keep telling myself! :haha: and remember that your stomach was upset a few days ago? OMG, mine got upset yesterday night! I have nausea :sick: and feel funny in my stomach but I've got the runs instead :loo:... I don't know if it was all the pasta I was eating lol oh boy! I just hope everything is ok in there [-o<

that's what I keep telling myself! :haha: and remember that your stomach was upset a few days ago? OMG, mine got upset yesterday night! I have nausea :sick: and feel funny in my stomach but I've got the runs instead :loo:... I don't know if it was all the pasta I was eating lol oh boy! I just hope everything is ok in there [-o<

oh yeh don't worry, I got it Monday and Tuesday I saw my Lil baby with the HB!! I think it might be because we are sooo constipated that at one point it has to come out so we get the runs for a day! It sucks at the moment when you get it but atleast you know your not full of s*** after lol!

I got the runs and nausea Monday and now nothing.. I didnt go to the bathroom since :wacko: Gotta start eating prunes again :sick: burkk

I hope you feel better soon!
yes, I was a bit constipated since the weekend so I also thought maybe "it all had to come out" :haha: I just don't want to dehydrate myself... I'm going to go get some gatorade in a bit. Oh boy those cramps at 5:00 am scared me though!

I hope you feel better soon!
yes, I was a bit constipated since the weekend so I also thought maybe "it all had to come out" :haha: I just don't want to dehydrate myself... I'm going to go get some gatorade in a bit. Oh boy those cramps at 5:00 am scared me though!

Yeh I know, they are pretty intense cramps!! Atleast you were at home.. I was at work, ready to leave the first time and second time I was doing the groceries ready to pay, oh god did I ever drive home fast :wacko:
Then the whole night I was hungry but didnt feel well to eat.. so didnt eat much but then the appetite came right up the next day!

Yesterday I had two lunch and two dinners :wacko: I'm telling you, I can't seem to get my stomach full.. I eat, and 15 min later or so, it feels like I didnt eat in days!! In the morning it's not as much as before anymore.. but when I get hungry, it's a never ending thing until I go to bed! I am not a very big person, I weight 115-120lbs, but I want to feed the baby but I don;t want to get fat lol.. I suppose if it's hunger pains, it means I need to eat and it is not extra food that I don't need?!

I feel like that sometimes, I eat and then a few hours later I'm hungry again. Then I can have stages of not wanting anything to eat (I feel nauseous). Now, I also get cramps in my upper stomach, but before I get the runs is in my lower tummy... oh boy. Actually (knock on wood) after getting sick this morning I have not gotten sick again. We'll see how it goes...

Hope you didn't get sick again!

I've been so bad at work these past few days, I dont feel like working at all and I go on google and google just about anything.. I try to avoid anything negative since I saw the hb! Thank god I'm going on vacation for a few days next week!

So anyways, I was googling and I think I'm having a BOY lol But really I dont know cause sometimes it says a girl haha!
But anyways they say if you get constant hunger pains, its a boy
If you get a hair line on your belly, it's a boy (I know, ewww, I'm blond and I now have a darker hair line on my belly! I'm thinking of waxing it, never had that before, I noticed this last weekend!)
But theres the myth saying if the HB is above 140, its a girl! So yeh I don't really know but thought it was fun!! haha!!
I can't wait to know but really, i don't know why because I really don't care if its a girl or a boy!
do you girls have weird symptoms like my hair line? llol

Roxane- lovely scan. It is there with a little hb. You must be thrilled.

Hokey- such a relief hearing that hb!

Nosaint- I would speak to him. There are ways to joke but if it is upsetting the tone he uses you must say.

Hugs to all. Think I felt a flutter today.... could be indegestion though :)

im being all paranoid now that i canceled my nuchal scan (doing amnio instead). on my lateral view of baby b the back of the neck looks thick.. sigh

It's just because we compare them that we see that I think, if he would of been alone, we would of said this is a perfect scan! I have no idea?! But what did DR say? Why did you cancel your test? Isnt amnio the test where theres a risk of miscarriage? When you do the test atleast you get an idea of chances of the baby having down syndrome, trisomy 18 or tube defects!! Can't you reschedule your test? If amnio is the one where theres a chance of miscarriage, I would definitly try to do the test first?! Keep us posted!! But stay positive!! Try not to worry! xo

Go check on google the 12 week scan images... You'll see he's perfectly normal!!! I think he's just the bigger one!! Theres always one bigger then the other!! You'll be fine!!!

Hockey, did you order a doppler? If so, which one? Im thinking of getting one, but I want the best one, I want to be able to hear the hb as soon as possible!

There was no way I wasn't doing amnio. So there wasn't much point in doing less sensative tests first. Yes there is a 1 in 300 or so risk of miscarriage but @sensative sibject@ I'd terminate if the chromosomes are abnormal @sensative end@. They are the exact same size :) heh I just like to worry. :) b is the "lazier" one too

Hockey, did you order a doppler? If so, which one? Im thinking of getting one, but I want the best one, I want to be able to hear the hb as soon as possible!

I'm going to order after my scan on Monday. The one someone recommended to me was $50 ans said it worked after 9 weeks. I'll see if I can find the name.

What time is your scan on Monday? Can't wait to finally see your lil baby!! :)

Have a good weeekend everyone!! xo

Today I haven't felt too sick anymore. A bit queasy from time to tie but nothing like yesterday or the day before (thank God!).

Good luck Monday Hockey!!

I'm counting the days for my scan: September 4th... 10 more days (I'm not counting Sept 4th :haha:) It can't come quickly enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->