Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

the HB was 168 and 166. Some ladies have guessed they are girls but if I don't deliver at least 1 boy DH will be having a fit! (he already has 2 girls from his first marriage) :haha:

Yes, alot of people say we are having a girl because of the hb.. it was at 150 and then 171.. We really don't care at all what we have!! :)

Would be nice to get a boy and a girl though!

so what's your guess?

one of each would be perfect! I would be happy either way, but I know DH would be very happy if at least one baby is a boy. He talks to them and calls them "the boys" like: "how are the boys doing?" "give the boys a hug"... too cute but I don't want him to be disappointed later. I know he'll be happy also with girls but he really wants a boy, you know?

I really dont know, we can't really rely on the hb because its just odds, they took the average and most girls had hb over 140 and most boys had hb under 140 so I dunno... But for some reason I always saw myself with a boy!! No idea why! I would love a little princess!! hehe! But I would also love to go to saturday and sunday morning hockey games with my boy hehe!!

I know what you mean. I always wanted a boy also... I love little girls, but I think boys are easier somehow (as they grow older). But like I said, either way I would be more than happy! I just want them to be healthy and strong (sounds cliche but after long time TTC is the only thing I really pray for every day)

happy 10 weeks btw! :hugs:

Yes, and I get very insulted when I hear people say, oh I better have a girl or if I dont get my boy Ill be soo mad!! Seriously, look around, soooo many peolpe struggle with infertility, just take what you have, you are so lucky.. I had a friend who said, I better have a girl or I'll be so pissed, I snapped on her!! and she knew I struggled to have kids, this was a year ago!

I want the baby healthy and strong like you said, I don't care about anything else.. I hope my baby doesnt have down syndrome or any other health issues but if he or she does, well I'll still love him/her more then anything! That's why we decided not to do the nuchal scan! But now, I'm kinda pissed I said no because I think I wont get another scan until like 18 weeks or so!

really not until 18 weeks? that's like 2 months!! OMG....... well, at least you'll be getting the doppler soon right?

oh and my cousine who is 24 yrs old, is expecting her 3rd child in the next 2 weeks told me this weekend that if she would have a child with down syndrome, she would have a hard time going out with her kid and blablabla like if she was ashamed of her kid!! I was like WHAT?? ok, now your being stupid!! I already know that I couldnt possibly be imberassed of my child.. like honestly.. arghhhh people get me sooo mad!! It would be your child just like your other ones!!! MY GOD!! I told DH that it is too easy for her to get pregnant, first one, she was on the pill, second one, ok she actually was ttc and it took her 8 months and second one she was on the nuvaring(contraceptive), told my sister it should be people who think like that who gets kids with down syndrome so they can realise that they are just as cute, the nicest kids, the happiest kids, etc.. my sister said not to wish that to anyone! well thats not what I meant but anyways!!
A little bit of venting here!! sorry haha

yeh thank god for dopplers.. but called my fertility clinic today they will call me back because they say oct 18 is way too far for my first obgyn appointment, which i will be 16 weeks, so they might refer me to another one if they can't take me sooner. So we'll see!

you are totally right Roxane. I think every kid is precious no matter what, and if they are your babies you will love them no matter what.
Some people are just not as appreciative of what they have because they haven't struggled at all to get it. I think that goes with having kids and it goes with everything in life. We must all count our blessings and appreciate what we are given.
That reminds me, I've heard people who have kids who suffer down syndrome say that these kids have taught them so much in life and that actually they have been a blessing for them.
We also have to remember: God doesn't give us something we cannot handle and... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (and better).

Very true!! :)

Have you decided if youll do the nuchal scan?

Well thats ok, if theres anything you'll be prepared..

but if there is anything, will you keep them?

yes, I don't see why not. I don't think DH thinks otherwise. We know it'll be challenging though...

Yes, but I dont think both babies would have it though! And when they are babies I think it's the same thing as if they didnt have it.. it's when they grow up, you notice they have a delay!

well except many downs babies have multiple additional medical problems, heart defects, motor delays, feeding difficulty etc. it isnt just mental development

afm- im hoping for two girls or one of each. dad keeps dreaming it is two boys. havent scanned since last weds.. starting to feel like ive made it all up (except for the headaches)

What do you mean, made it all up? Your 14 weeks 2 days pregnant, you are very pregnant! lol

AFM, oh do I ever feel nauseous today! MS started at 9 weeks for me.. but its ok its very reassuring while I dont get to see the baby or hear the hb! But I'm at work, I always have to be eatnig something because if not, my stomach feels empty right away so I feel nauseous!!! I have gained 5-6 pounds already i think! I was 118-120 before last night I weight myself, I was 125!!! WOW!!! lol And it wont stop there because I have to eat like a pig ALL the time!! I eat healthy atleast! Except when I get those desert cravings which I never use to have, NEVER, now I always want desert but ofcourse I control myself but not all the time.. oops!

wana, 9 weeks tomorrow!! YIPPI!!!

How are you feeling today?

I wonder when I'm going to start having cravings... I don't have cravings for anything! everything makes me queasy :( yesterday and today have been good though, I think it's because I manage to eat a good lunch, that seems to stop the afternoon MS. I do feel like the food just melts in my stomach though as I would get hungry in about 3 hours (not really hungry but I feel my stomach is empty and I have to feed it again :haha:)

I won't say how much I weighed originally :blush: but I've "only" gained 2 - 3 lb (I'm 5'10" so in proportion is not much); however, as of yesterday, my pants feel very tight and it is very hard to close them.... so I think I have to get me some maternity pants pretty soon....

Yes, I have 2 pairs of maternity pants.. wearing one pair right now and I love them!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->