Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Yeh usually when I see my OB, they only weigh me, take the pressure and see's me for any concerns..
I do the sugar test next appointment Ill be 24w6d!!
If today you see the dr and they have a scan machine there, tell him you want to see the babies!! :)

Thank you roxane :) We found out a couple of weeks ago that it's a girl. For now she is Baby L until we announce the name at her birth.

Wana, you should start feeling something soon. At first they were like light muscle twitches for me. Most times to the left of my belly button. Two weeks later and they now feel like stronger muscle twitches and are all over and on both sides. She's more active in the mornings right after I wake up and in the evenings when I lay down to sleep. I've also been using belly buds to play music to her every night and she will move when I take them off.

I had an early glucose test at almost 17 weeks and will do another one at 28 weeks. Luckily I passed the first one so I'm hoping this one is the same. My appointments are the same as roxane's, just belly measurement, blood pressure and asking me if I have any issues. They take my blood about every other appnt but mostly to check my thyroid since I'm on meds. I was told today that at 30 weeks I start going every 2 weeks so that will be middle of Jan which is also my last scan. Debating whether to do a 3D scan privately before that or not.

Hi girls!

So the doctor I see every two weeks will be measuring the cervix and doing an ultrasound :) that was nice! I'm always so worried, you know?
So in 2 weeks they will do measurements of the babies again, plus the cervix, plus the regular US. I do like seeing that doctor, He seems to have lots of knowledge and keeps me at peace. I do like the OBGYN too (don't get me wrong) but I don't get to see the babies so that sucks ;) Oh BTW, today's doctor (the high risk doc) thinks that I may not have had a UTI but instead just BH due to dehydration, that's why the pain went away or decreased after the IV. We'll find out tomorrow for sure. Good thing is that the cervix is still closed and measuring above 5 cm.

Question: My boss wants me to attend this seminar in Atlanta next week.... I don't know if I should travel. I will ask my OBGYN tomorrow. I am worried because I have to go up there in the company plane (a Pilatus; nice plane but not a commercial plane) and come back by commercial plane. Has anybody heard if it is safe to travel in a non-commercial plane while pregnant? I know I am probably just freaking out for no reason, but I am just wondering.

Noasaint, I say it feels like muscle twitches as well and the last week is alot stronger which feels even more like kicks sometimes! At first for me it was more at night when id sit down and watch tv, now its more in the morning when I wake up but am still in bed! But i feel him alot throughout the day too :)

Wana, thats great that ull get to see the babies soon!!:) i go thursday to check on the placenta, I really hope itll migrate up!!

Travelling, im thinking its totally safe in second tri although with everything we go through id be scared as well! Better to ask ur ob!

As far as I know flying is fine. Se airlines stop you flying at 32 weeks others a bit later. I would not worry about flying if it was a short flight. We didn't come and visit family in AZ in September because flight would be too long and would be too far from home.

I can't sleep again!! Xxxx

yeah even now when it is stronger it still feels more like twitches. if i eat a cookie etc they go nuts. because i have one on the left and one on the right i know who is who.

i do my glucola test friday. i am supposed to drinkt he stuff before the ob visit but,, as she is always running late id rather go after and have a book to sit and read for an hour rather than rushing through my visit to get blood drawn on time.

happy 26 weeks drsquid! I'm going to have my glucose test done in 5 weeks... but they didn't tell me to drink anything :shrug: is this test done in two separate parts? how funny that the babies move when you eat, that's too cute!

lindylou, happy 30 weeks!! The doctor had told me it was ok to travel before last week's incident. Today's visit went well with my OBGYN. She knows I am feeling better, but she doesn't want me to travel, just in case. She said that if I absolutely had to go I could but otherwise the babies are priority and I should just stay and take it easy. My gut feeling says the same so she gave me a doctor's note for my job. I just feel bad saying "no, I can't do it" at work... I 've always been available and ready to do anything they've asked me... I know it's silly to feel bad, but I do...

Wana b - I have always been career focused and it is hard I say no buy I think it is something we will happily have to get used to. This LO is goig to be my priority and if that means delegating more/ saying no to things it's going to have to happen. X

You girls are totally right.I just sent an email to my boss telling him I couldn't travel... I know he's going to be ok with it. I also know I'm going to have to change all of my priorities and for sure, my priority right now is my pregnancy. It took me long enough and lots of heart ache, now that I have been blessed with these babies I can only take good care of them the best that I can ;)

Good idea Wana. No traveling for me either. Baby L is more important. My job has voiced their cocncerns that I am no longer putting in extra hours and such but at this point they can fire me because I am not stressing myself out for anyone.

wana- the way they do the test is you go to the lab and they give you a thing of glucose to drink then they draw your blood in an hour to make sure you properly process the sugar. but at least at kaiser everything is at the lab which is across the street... not at the ob office

thanks drsquid! ok, that makes sense... what is the other test you have to do if you don't pass the first one? (I've heard is a 3 hour test)

So I went for a follow up u/s yesterday to check on the placenta! The placenta did not move one bit and apparently it looks pretty comfy there... right on the cervix! So I have a complete placenta previa! All they said is to stop DTD which we had stopped since we were advised the first time at 20 weeks! I did not have any bleeding yet! I really hope I dont bleed or atleast I hope I dont bleed till atleast 30 weeks..
they baby is growing great though.. hb was at 161 and he weighs 1lbs 1oz! which is awesome! I feel baby move alot and more and more everyday too! I just wish I wouldnt have to worry about seeing blood!

oh gosh roxane, I hope it doesn't give you any trouble... just keep doing what the doctor tells you and take care of yourself.

I wish I could feel the babies move more... :( I feel them here and there but nothing constant... I hope that's normal.... :(

Roxane- the placenta they can deal with, important thing is LO has an amazing hb and is growing well :)

Wana- I have not felt loads of movements big now they are stronger and obvious. Think our lo's are saving all their energy got when hey arrive !&

rox- yay for good heartbeat etc =)

passed my glucose test but im somewhat anemic.. yay iron pills.

got pics today
boy only girl was tucked down too far... first attempt failed due to the boy's arms, legs and the girls legs all in they way.. igot about 8 but these are my fav https://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1541/photo23s.jpghttps://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8919/photo13ep.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->