Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

He does improve for 24 hrs or so after I tell him I cannot cope with his mess. I just need to try and pick the right time I think as well. I've come in tonight and he has been shopping and got food and some baby clothes which is so good (but would it be considered good if I did it or just expected??) BUT the groceries were in the bags still to be put away. Dishes left out on work top from him cooking and baby stuff in out (fair enough for me to look at) and a pile of clothes next to the bed where he dropped them as he got into bed. Aaagggggggghhhh

Awww MEN!!!!!! So sorry he's not helping much and you are exhausted! :( tell him again and again if you have too but i know thats even more exhausting :(

lindy, I am sorry DH is making you mad... why do men do that when we are pregnant? DO you know what I did? I grabbed DH, sat him down one day and very clearly told him: please work with me while I'm pregnant. I will get crazy, I will get angry, I need your help all the time and I don't want to get angry at you becasue I don't want to become someone who I don't like to be and I don't think it's healthy for the babies. I was very clear. I think towards the end I even cried a little (hormones!) but he understood and he is doing the best he can (I can tell he really tries). I know sometimes I can be too crazy but other times he could also help around a little bit more. I just remind him and ask him nicely and he does come around. I think all men just need reinforcement, so try not to take it personally.

roxane, I am going to look at your journal! how exciting! I see you avatar is a 3D pic as well! how cool!!!

I went for my growth scan yesterday and everything is well. Baby A is 1LB 2 oz and baby B is 1LB 4oz. So exciting :happydance:

Lindylou, 32 weeks!!!!!!

drsquid, 28 weeks!!!!

OMG roxane, 24 weeks tomorrow!!

noasaint, almost 27 weeks!!!

congrats girls!!! time is flying!!! :happydance:

It's going too fast!!! I want to meet LO but I am dreading the total disruption and if I will cope!!

me too.. im pretty freaked... found out my folks plan to stay til at least the end of march regardless,.. so it matters less when they come (i was woried they were only gonna stay for 1 month so i didnt want them coming early). they will likely come mid jan (omg that is soon). im stopping work as of the 30th (though i dont seem to be on the schedule after the 25th but... im counting the end of the month cause im taking a full 3 from when I said, rather than how they scheduled). next ob appt is tues..

wana, that is great news for the weights!! wow!! :) they are right on track!!

Lindy, hope you got soem more help from DH!!

It is going fast now wow!! I cant wait to be 30 weeks to be able to breath a little!!

I know what you girls mean... I too think about how my life is going to change when the babies come. So much to learn, and the thought that two little ones depend on me kind of freaks me out. I already told DH that for the first month I will only live to devote time to the babies, nothing else will matter, so he will help me out with the house, laundry, cooking, cleaning etc. My mom is also planning on coming and I know she'll be huge help.

yeh my sister took 2 weeks of vacation in April! So she'll be there to help! I dont see my sister alot, Im in ontario and she is in alberta!

My last ante natal class tonight! Next one would overlap with due date .... Scary!!!

They showed a lady giving birth and she was in full blown labour lying on her sofa! When she was "breathing her baby out"there was a bit of noise but only a little low groan. She seemed so calm. Hope I can manage that!!

oh boy, I am not sure I could... I know it's a natural process and we are designed to be able to stand it, but I'm just scared... in general I think labor is labor and not a walk in the park... no matter what shape or form, it's a hard thing to do.

I am sure we'll all do fine!

Lindy, are you writing a birth plan?

Yeh it hurts during but the pain is all gone once you see your beautiful baby! Itll all be worth it! ;)

I probly wont experience this cause ill most likely have a c-section cause of my pp, im acrually sad about it!

Wow, time is certainly flying isn't it?

Drsquid, glad you will have some help for quite a while with the twins. Mid Jan is right around the corner, I'm sure freaking out is probably going to happen if it hasn't already.

Roxane and Wana, glad you are well!!! I too am waiting to breathe a little easier at 30w.

Not much going on here. Work is super stressful but I'm doing pretty good at letting it go. I see the perinatologist once a month and get an ultrasound which is nice. I'm seeing the OB twice monthly now till Feb when it goes weekly. Baby L is doing well, kicking every day. The plan is for my last day at work to be Feb 28th. My shower is Jan 13th and I'm really looking forward to it. My bridal shower was a complete bust and since we won't have more kids this is it. MIL has been giving us HUGE grief lately causing me and DH to argue quite a lot so we're going to see a therapist starting next month. We just need to get some things squashed before Baby L gets here. 3D scan is scheduled for the 29th which I can't wait for so we can see what she looks like. Then our 3rd wedding anniversary is 2 days later so we've got quite a bit going on coming soon. Can't believe this time last year I was still on clomid and feeling like nothing was ever going to work.

noa- sorry it has been so stressful!!

labor- see there are lots of things that are natural and im not sure why labor is the one that is considered to be something you have to "tough" out.. kidney stones are natural but no one would argue you should breath through it. if you wanna not take meds, that is a valid choice (and not one id make) but not somehow more heroic than any other way of having a baby. dying from childbirth is natural too. i fully intend on getting an epidural, and if a section is safer for the babies (or me) then that is where im going.

My birth plan will basically be- I'm just going to see how I manage. If I am comfortable and can stay at home and manage with water and gas and air I will. If I feel I want more help will go to the hospital. No point being a martyr but also don't want intervention for interventions sake which seems to happen over here.

Noasaint, hope everything at work and with dh gets better soon! 30w is coming so fast!!:)

Drsquid and lindy, i agree! It would be nice to give birth naturally but we'll do what we can and if the drs say they need to do something, we'll do anything for our babies :)

noasaint, I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with DH :( but I am glad you are already seeking help to deal with it. It is important for you and the baby to have a healthy relationship and it's a good sign that DH is up to reach for help. Best of luck :hugs:

I know! last year I was also thinking "this is not going to happen!" and look now... how things have changed for the best!

I think labor is labor no matter what, all of it is hard, including pregnancy and postpartum recovery, learning to take care of the little ones and dealing with the changes (and the hormones). Yes, after all of the hard things to deal with, it is SO WORTH IT though!!! :happydance:

I want to be 30 weeks already!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->