Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

drsquid, those are amazing pictures!!!!! they are so cute!!! <3 <3 I bet you are over the moon!!!!! so sweet!!!!
when do you take the iron pills? (am, pm with or without food?)
yey for the glucose test!!

lindylou, I hope I will soon feel them more. When I go see the doctor they always tell me "they are moving a lot" but I don't feel much... :shrug: .... maybe I have to be careful as of what I wish for :haha: how are you doing?

i took the first one yesterday. just took it with my other prenatals. and cause i know i get sick from vitamins took it after eating but i didnt ask anyone when was best. just took it. figure getting it in (which is hard enough for me to remember) is more important then the "exact" correct time

thanks for the compliments.. oy someone today was like... you shoulda waited longer etc.. sigh. whatever. im not sure how i coulda gotten BETTER pics. and it isnt as if the girl has been in a different position since about 19 weeks so...

wana- it is pretty cool feeling all the kicks. im sure you will feel it soon, 22weeks was when it got stronger for me

I think the pictures you took of the babies are just perfect. They are so clear and the babies look so content and cute in there, it just melts my heart (so I know your too was melting ;) )
RE iron: yes, I think what's important is that you get it in your system. I asked the pharmacist and he said it's better to take it without food becasue it gets absorbed better but with iron a lot of people get side effects (upset stomach) so if that was the case to take it with food. I have been taking mine before I go to bed along with my prenatals. I have to take the pills with some danactive because the prenatal on their own make me gag...

unfortunatly it is just the boy =( virtually all my pics are the boy. the girl is crammed in my cervix ready to go.. ill make up for after she is born. yeah it is funny it stilll doesnt feel real even with the pics.. but yeah as he'd get a good pic it was like awwww... but i did that with other people's babies too

what do you mean by natural? i plan on an epidural. twins are generally delivered in the or. vaginal is my first choice but if there are any risks, complications etc then ill go section in a heart beat

:haha: no, I meant vaginal delivery or c-section

I want to do a C-section, just becasue I am terrified of the "what if" and I have to get an emergency C-section... I rather just plan for it ahead of time and bite the bullet with the recovery. Besides, in South FL most practitioners hear twins and they don't want to do anything else than a Csection

well the upside to twins is that you already have an epidural and you are already in the or so there is no rushing around etc. they are already prepared to switch to section.

so are you just waiting for labor to start on its own? how does that work?

i guess.. havent talked that much about it with the ob. i know she said it is easier if they dont have to induce etc. i know they dont want me going past 39 weeks but she doesnt seem to think that will happen so... for now just waiting to see what happens. growth scan today showed the boy is now bigger than the girl (he is 1 day ahead and 2lbs 6 oz, she is right on and 2lbs 1 oz)

got it! good luck! I hope you last as much as possible! wow over 2 lb already!! I can see how the boy is going to be much bigger. How often do they do the growth scan?

yeah i waspretty pleased (though a bit bummed that she is smaller than him now.. heh girl power =) ). umm in twins every 4-6 weeks so some time in early january. tech was so nice and tried to do 3d (i mentioned id gotten ones of the boy not the girl... and she gave it a go).. got a so so one cause he was sitting on her head and the membrane was on her face. it is rotated and a bit hard to make out with all the stuff in the way

Attachments

• photo(17).jpg
    photo(17).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
oh yeah it's hard to see her, bless her heart, this 3D pics are so cool!

It's amazing how different it is in the US! My friend had twins 12 months ago. She had to go to hospital but just had gas and air in a normal delivery room. Luckily they were only minutes apart.

I'm thinking of having a home birth. The mw can bring gas and air and pethidine to the house and a water pool. If I want to though the hospital is only 15 mins away. I just want it to be comfortable and hospitals get me a bit stressed! When the day arrives I may just be saying get me the hospital though! Who knows. Want to stay home as long as I can though, want it natural (if I can manage, but won't be a martyr!) The hospitals here have policies to intervene if labour not progressing as quickly as planned, if x happens or y happens etc. think they meddle too much sometimes.

lindy- all ill say is make sure your midwife has reasonable transfer rates. i admit im comfortable in hospitals but... to me, the risk of not having immediate help scares me. 15 min you have to add time for the ambulance to arrive plus assessment time at the hospital etc. consider talking to the hospital and seeing if they have the availability of water births etc so you can have the best of both worlds

The midwives I am with are all trained in home births and do bring drugs for postnatal bleeds, resuscitation etc. The other thing is we are a 30second walk from the main children's hospital. Xx

Hope everybody Is doing ok. Xx

How is everybody doing?

I have now a journal and posted some pictures today if any of you would like to snoop :)

I'm so tired. How do I get dh to start tidying more. It's really getting me down. In exhausted and sick of tidying after him. He just does not realise the mess he leaves. He is so good in so many ways. I don't want to be a nag but feel so wound up over it :(

I know how you feel lindy!! Dh helps me now that he knows i have placenta previa but if it wasnt for that nope he didnt get how exhausting it is to be pregnant! Try to sit down with him and tell jim how you feel! Tell him ur in the last stretch ur exhausted you need to rest its important!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->