Looking for March Bump Buddies!

Daisy - Congrats on a name! I've never heard Zodi before - definitely unique :flow:

Sarah - Congrats on the progress! 5/6 names down to 3 is pretty good progress in less than a week! :)

Chrissy - So exciting! What a perfect picture of your little boy! I keep telling my DH that the ladies in these groups always get these picture perfect scan photos, and my kiddos (both my DD and this LO) give kind of funny scan photos! I'll have to post a few sometime, but they're just not that "perfect profile" picture that most ladies are able to post!

AFM - I'm now plagued by back pain & sciatica :( I had been hoping that it would stay away a bit longer this pregnancy. I have such a bad back, and I admit I've been overdoing it a bit... The crazy part is, I've actually LOST weight since being pregnant, and although I've gained about 3 pounds since my lowest (pregnant) weight, I'm still not back to where I was before pregnancy with this LO... and here I thought I wouldn't be in so much pain if I kept my weight down/gained slowly this time around. :cry:

Bella I can second the whole weight thing I am still not up to what I was pre pregnancy too. Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? My midwife mentioned it to me last appointment and I think I just might take her up on that offer.

Bella I can second the whole weight thing I am still not up to what I was pre pregnancy too. Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? My midwife mentioned it to me last appointment and I think I just might take her up on that offer.

Oh, I don't know.... my midwife mentioned the same thing, but I've always been a bit leery of chiropractors. Maybe I should do some research... I just have a REALLY bad back (history of herniated discs - almost needed surgery after having DD - and by "almost" I mean they told me I needed surgery, that I had one of the worst herniated discs the neurologist had ever seen, but by the time the neurosurgeon could actually fit me in for an appointment, my pain was going away, so I never actually had the surgery) So I'm a little afraid to mess with my back... :shrug:

Just read this: "...But there are risks that you should know about. During treatment, the chiropractor applies sudden, controlled force with her hands or an instrument on specific points along your spine. If the source of your pain is a slipped or herniated disk, in some cases spinal manipulation can actually make things worse, especially if it’s not performed correctly."

So.... I think I'll be skipping the chiropractor :dohh:

Bella oh boy I think I'd skip too if I were you. I guess just keep lots of pillows for support around and try not to over do it (I know, easier said than done). Hope your feeling better soon

Oh my so jealous of all the weight loss vs gain.....I have just gained. And for the most part it hasn't been as fast as last pg, but I gained over 6 pounds in the last month. That made me sad as I started a lot heavier then any other pg.

I have been free of back pain, sorry you are dealing with that Bella. Though I have had some sporadic hip pain, where I limp like I am an ninety year old with a bump hip.

Glad everyone is having progress with names. :thumbup:

Allforthegirl don't be jealous the most important thing is that you and baby are healthy, this is the time in our life we can embrace being big and round! Besides your little bump is darling :) sorry about your hip pain though

Yes I know.....just when you gain more the more you have to lose later.....and I am older than you by a lot :haha: and it takes even longer to lose weight the older we get. Just the reality we live with. :winkwink:

Allforthegirl I understand the weight will go down in time! :)

Sarah congrats on 22 weeks! Sorry about your back mine has been getting a little better but I think I'm still going to take up my midwifes offer on the chiropractor.

24 weeks over here! :happydance:

24 weeks here. Really excited. Feeling like my stomach is stuffed though. Has anyone experienced this? I feel like there's no space inside.

24 weeks here. Really excited. Feeling like my stomach is stuffed though. Has anyone experienced this? I feel like there's no space inside.

Congrats on Viability. No I don't have that feeling, but then again my body knows what to do, after having so many. Actually I think it's too loose. :haha: Your baby is probably going through a good growth spurt.

YES! I totally understand that feeling Blessed! My belly button feels so stretched that it's sore! You'd think it would remember this from the last time around! :haha: Surprisingly though, I only just got back up around my pre-pregnancy weight. I had lost almost 10 pounds from the time I found out I was pregnant until now! Unfortunately, it's getting me to the UGH phase of pregnancy - sciatica, back pain, indigestion, acid reflux, insomnia & exhaustion. Yuck! At least there's the sweet baby kicks to go along with all of that! (You know, up until they begin to get painful too!) :rofl:

Hope everyone is well!

Blessedheart congrats on 24 weeks! Yes I've been feeling like it's rather cramped in there and it can get awkward getting up from bed lol.

Bella I can second the soreness but it feels more like the stomach muscles not so much the belly button, or rather the ligaments supporting my belly that feel like they've stretched too far. Congrats on being pre pregnancy again! I've got about 5 pounds to go but I lost 13 :/ . Im anxious to get to my weight again I feel like it'll make me feel a little better. People always make comments about how "small" I am and it makes me feel badly like they think I'm starving myself or something, what can you do.

LOL Destiny, thanks for the congrats, but I'm not terribly small (I'd call myself average) so I was a little sad to see the scale creep up again. I think my weight is also contributing to the sciatica and back pain that I have more often lately. I'm glad for you that you're doing well on the weight gain though!!!

I woke up last night at 2:30 AM - SO hungry - tried to ignore it, and since I was wide awake still at 3:30, went downstairs and ate some cereal. Was up til 5, when my DH's alarm clock went off.... dozed a bit, and got up at 6. SO in need of a good night's sleep!!!! UGH! :sleep:

Bella thank you. That's terrible about your being up all night, I've learned if I get hungry to just not fight it and eat otherwise I feel really ill. Like right now DHs grandma and I were out running errands and I went too long without eating now I'm not feeling to hot :/

Blessed, congrats on 24 weeks! Pretty soon you will be in third tri :~)

Bella, hope you get some sleep tonight! I know that I get cranky when I'm uncomfortable and have not slept well.... The soreness you feel by your belly button may just be your abdominis rectus muscles separating--the same thing going on here and my MW told me that could be the case, not so much the RL pain.

Destiny, same issue with me. If I don't eat often enough I start to feel SO sick. But some graham crackers and peanut butter usually does the trick.

AFM---Just got back from my MW appt. Measuring 26 cm and weight is on track with 1 lb a week since last visit :happydance: Zodi's HB was 150 and they were head down face down. :thumbup:
MW says that the abdominal pain I have been experiencing right near my navel is from the abdominis rectus muscles separating :shock: Not RL pain. Now it is good idea to start toning the abdominal muscles and she gave me a little handout with stretches/exercises on them.
Picked up some RLT and will be sipping on it daily now. Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at the beach! We will be having a nice salmon dinner for Thurs :~)

Daisy sorry about your abdomen pains ! I hope it settles down, would you mind sharing some of the exercises ? I haven't been to sure what would be safe so I haven't been doing anything. My MW told me to stay away from the RRLT for now, shame because I love it :( hope you have a nice thanksgiving! We will be spending it down south with my family so I'm excited for that, haven't seen them since late August .

Hi ladies :hi:

I was wondering if any of your baby's movements have changed at all throughout pregnancy? :shrug:

Mine is moving more and more consistent. So more wakefulness for sure. First time ever this one woke me up in the middle of the night with some crazy busy movements. I don't remember if any of my other have done that to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->