Looking for March Bump Buddies!

Birth story #4....

So here we start a new chapter in my life. I have separated with my husband and met this amazing man.

So here I am gearing up for my fourth birth. Still the Dr are watching me for the antibodies as they were before, but was a relief to find out that my new man did not carry the one protein that causes the biggest of troubles.

My Dr was very happy with my outcome and told me at his last appt that he would see me on Xmas day. Like hell he was, I was thinking. I wanted to spend Xmas with my other boys. I did not by any means want to be in the hospital on that day.

I have been in agony for about 2 weeks prior to the day i went into labour. My body was in pre labour almost every night. I would start contracting and they would get closer and closer, but nothing every came out of it. I was so dang tired of false starts.

Finally Xmas Eve I noticed that this time they were getting stronger not just sooner. They were actually staying 3 min apart, and lasting for a min or more. My man was out working snow removal and didn't wear his seat belt and hit his head on the windshield, and cracked it too. So I tried to let him rest up as much as possible before we left, but 3 min apart for 20 min was as close I was going to let them be.

Got to the hospital, and my plan was to do it on my own. Didn't want the drip and was going to do it without any pain relief. I was about 3-4 cm when I got there and my waters were bulging. Once I was settled in my labour stalled.....AGAIN! The nurse came back in after I agreed to have my waters broke, with the pitocin.... She was adamant that this is what the Dr wanted, I looked at my man for help but he was very concussed and didn't say anything. So I felt pushed into something I didn't want, but also didn't understand I could have still said no.

So in no time I was in major pain asking for the epi. The Dr I have allows you to have the epi at any point in labour. So even though I was closer to 6-8 cm at that point I was bent over a pillow, awaiting the pressure of the epi. The person that administered the epi (can't spell) told me just sitting me up may just bring me into pushing. Was she right!! As soon as it was in I was ready to push.

I didn't push for very long and he was out. He had a short cord and he only reached my belly button, so I couldn't cuddle waiting for the cord to be cut. But as soon as he was clamped and cut, which my man was able to do, he was on my chest for cuddles. I was so thankful for them allowing him to stay with me until I was ready to part with him to be weighed and such.

He was my biggest baby at 8 lbs 11oz.

Oh and later that morning I was like get me out of here cause I am going home to celebrate with my boys on Xmas day.....think my Dr is psychic :haha:

Allforthegirl - Just finished your birth story #2 - WOW! I cringed for you with that catheter story! Yuck! You poor thing. I can't believe how crazy those doctors were! It's like they just wanted to make you miserable. :(

Allforthegirl, what a sweet & scary birth story for Jackson. Also, so sorry to hear about your husband. Glad he got to bond with your miracle baby before his passing. <3 Thank you for sharing!

Allforthegirl, Sounds like #4 was a fairly smooth/normal labor for you (you know, aside from dealing with the prolonged labor, epidural & pitocin that you didn't really want, and your husband's concussion!) :) Again, thank you for sharing!!! Glad I was finally able to catch up! :flower:

Allforthegirl thank you for sharing! Poor hubby with the head injury, I'm sorry you felt pushed into the pitocin and such. I'm glad you were able to cuddle baby before he was whisked away for weighing though!

Bella thank you!!

Blessedheart thank you!!

I was actually very mad at him for being in that state! He was the dummy that didn't wear his seat belt, and couldn't be the support I needed. :grr: I was very demanding he be more of a support in the next one...

Destiny, congrats on getting into college! That is so wonderful :dance: :happydance: And the furniture looks great, glad you enjoyed your baby shower too.

Allforthegirl, definitely some variety in your birth stories. Sorrry to hear about hubby's condition at the time and that you felt obliged into taking pitocin. They have a weird way of pushing drugs on you as if you can't say no but you can :shrug: Must have been really nice to cuddle after baby was born, seriously too weird your Dr knew you'd go on Xmas

AFM: Is anyone thinking about doing maternity photos? I've been considering it but I don't know how good I actually feel in front of a camera like this

Daisy, I really wanted to... especially shots of my DD kissing my belly, etc. But, they're so darn expensive, I just don't think we can afford it. I hate to say that too, because it's memories and time I'll never get back or get to redo... but if it comes down to newborn photos versus maternity photos... I'd rather get newborn photos done.

I had originally thought since I did a pregnancy journal for DD (and I'm not doing it now for DS) that I'd get maternity photos done... you know, something different but equal to pass down to them?

I don't know, maybe we can get both maternity & newborn photos done somehow. I should really look into it before I get any farther along :haha:

But yes, back to you :winkwink: if you have the money and the opportunity, I think you should go for it!

Bella, there are some photographers that are willing to do trades--they get the images from the shoot to add to their portfolio and you get a copy of all of them too. Granted, they are not edited and airbrushed, but I find images that are natural have more of an appeal.
I got in touch with a photographer I've worked with before (I did freelance modeling for a minute :blush:) And may be able to work something out next weekend

ETA: Ringing in ears???? Does it stop???????

Ringing in ears?? Is that a symptom you currently have?? I haven't had that...

Yes! Just constant. I can tune it out when other things are going on but when it's quiet I just hear a high pitched slight ringing in my ears. I've brought it up before and the MW told me to drink more water.

I have never had this before either....are you dizzy at all? Sometimes ringing can be associated with vertigo which some woman have said they have gotten during pg.

No not dizzy much either. Also get vision spots every now and again too, but again the MW just says to drink more water :shrug:

That comes from the MW that I am get the weird vibe from so maybe she is just brushing it off?

I've just realized I haven't seen my GP since I switched insurance when I got pregnant. Right, should probably go take care of that. And need to look into GP fo Zodi as well

Gp said to drink water and it will probably go away PP :shrug:

allforthegirl where is your 5th birth story? Looking forward to reading it

35 week bump :kiss::cloud9:

Attachments

• 35 week.jpg
    35 week.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 35 weeks (1).jpg
    35 weeks (1).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
Yay are we sharing bumpies now!! :thumbup:

daisydreamer - super cute! loving the roundness and your outfit! you look way too good to be 35 weeks!
I too have that ringing in my ears sometimes, someone once told me it is due to high blood pressure?! but my bp is just fine? how is your bp?

Here's 32 weeks I guess!
https://s8.postimg.org/4vfvfihjl/1914551_673600146115903_5092743932092077266_n.jpg

I was 32 weeks with Rylie and now at 32 weeks with bub #2 :)

So cute ladies! I'll try to post one later (when I'm on my phone... where I have all my pics).

Bombshell, do you have a name for DD #2 yet? Maybe I missed it?? Just wondering :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->