Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Shradha- Nicholas is fine, I'm the one suffering! LOL! I'm taking extra vitamin C, echinacea and astragalus tincture, garlic, elderberry, salt water gargle, water w/lemon and honey, and doing the neti pot in the morning. Also eating a lot of spicy food to clear the sinuses! Trying to do it all!! Do you know of any other remedies?
I know one more ...... I know you won't like it....but it is good..... Take milk and make it hot....add 1 tsp of turmeric powder.....and drink it before taking nap..... It taste's yuk...no doubt...but it is antiseptic and is very good for cold..... Are you doing inhalation......steam..

One more grandma's tonic- I piece of ginger smash it add in one glass of water , crush 3 black pepper corns and boil....when water is red and boiled nicely..... You can add little jaggery or sugar ..... Drink it hot...... It is called tonic for cold in India...... Becoz of the peppercorn it will be hot ...burn throat....but it's very good....

Hopefully this will help.....

Wow, Shradha, with my craving for spicy that drink sounds good :haha: You are full of amazing stuff! Some of these I have never heard of before but I do know that spicy food like the peppers are full of vitamins and theraputic for sinus, throat, etc...

Can't believe tomorrow is June 1st already... well, for many of you it is already June... baby's birth month, can't believe it... I look at my ticker and it's crazy to see "19 days"
Yea.....time is flying......:happydance:......it's just matter of days.....n you will be having your baby in your arms...:hugs:

I generally take the above....when I catch cold....severe tonsils......with fever....I try to avoid taking tablets...... All are home made....will not harm body.... Turmeric very good for skin also.......
Coy- if you want to have the drink have very little as you don't have cold..... It's not tasty..... It's a medicine.....:hugs: very effective......

Lol, no I won't try it unless I get sick- but I will keep it in mind!

How are you feeling today? I am glad you are still temping gives me charts to read :haha:

Coy-in my opinion, the potty shot looks like a boy to me.

AFM, its cd25 and my temp is at 97.52 so nothing really major. Just pretty much waiting for AF to come my way because it looks like it will be another anonovulatory cycle again, oh well. As far as the Navy goes, we will know when we are leaving for boot camp on Wednesday after we pass the physical and pick our jobs. So I am excited. As far as the new job goes, depending on when we are leaving to boot camp will determine if i take the job or not. I dont want to take the job and then leave that following month or so. If its soon then I will let another person get that opportunity. Today is payday :happydance: I was thinking of going to the store to buy more opks but I dont know if I should. I'll figure it out. Now about the swimming test in the Navy, they said they will work with the people who arent good swimmers and also there are going to be Navy Seals and Navy Divers in the water with us while we are doing the test so just in case somebody goes under water or cant manage, the diver will hold them up to catch their breath and then release them or the Navy seal will do the same so im more relaxed about the swimming test now :thumbup: Also, our recruiter is going to give us the number to a lifeguard who use to be a Navy Seal so he can train us on the swimming and help us better ourselves so will be contacting him when we get his information. Hopefully, he can train us so we will pass with flying colors and the pool isnt olympic size...its actually a little bit bigger than an average size pool so im really happy about that. So everything is moving forward and im just ready to begin. Now i must admit, I wont be able to come on BnB for a few months while im in boot camp and job training, but once we get stationed and everything set up, then I will be back on :thumbup: Well that's it for me now.

Well, now i give up on the lines of the digi opks...this is the really confusing part. It looks like im going to get a positive opk soon judging from how dark this line is. Is it just me or is this line darker than my positive opk's line?

Today's opk 2012-06-01_09-28-25_725.jpg2012-06-01_09-28-35_228.jpg

POS opk @ cd20 opk cd20.jpg

Coy - Glad everythings looking goodw with bubs and measuring perfectly. Gender wise I've got to go with girl. Like Steph said, it's the 3 lines and it also has the hamburger look. With Beanie when we weren't sure he was a boy it was because we coudln't see a willly, he kept wriggling away but I could see what I thought was definately a scrotum, generally however they won't say boy with just that as it can be a very swollen labia. The scrotum looked quite differnt to your little ones potty shot. That said, the pic looks like it's the potty shot at a bit of an angle which could distort it. I did a lot of research into the skull theory as well which is pretty definitive at 20 weeks but I can't quite decide if yours looks girly or more boy. Emma could you pic your 20 week pic back up of phoebes profile to compare it to. Boys have a much bigger back of the head compared to a girls and I remember Phoebe's being a classic girl shape whereas yours Coy has a little bit of a boy look as well when I compare to Beanies, but I don't think it's enough of one to be boy. I'll attach Beanie's which is classic boy shape.

How are you feeeling about the scan now? What are you thinking deep down? You know I think life works in funny ways how we've potentially all ended up with the opposite gender we would have choosen!!

Attachments

• Beanie4 08.02.12 19w1day.jpg
    Beanie4 08.02.12 19w1day.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Beanie1 08.02.12 - 19w1day.jpg
    Beanie1 08.02.12 - 19w1day.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
Patrice - it's harder to read the sticks on the digis as they work slightly differently to normal opks. If you look at the line on the right on your positive stick you'll see it's a bit lighter with a faded bit in the middle. It looks darker on todays. If they work like the monitors wihch I think they do it's picked up on your estrogen as well, but instead of the line getting darker as it increaes it works the opposite and gets lighter. So these sticks read your LH surge alone with your peak in Estrogen levels and combined are supposed to be more accurate.

Steph - 19 days, thats crazy, it's going to go so quckly, not that I think you'll be waiting 19 days, especially if there's any truth to having a cold and eating spicy food!! Have you done any more on the bag packing?

We're thinking Beanie will also be a June baby so we can now say we'll be parents this month!! Funny what you say about the stuffy nose. I had it quite bad in the first tri and it's come back again, but not sure if it's just hayfever though.

I'm starting to get very excited with every twinge I feel now, still all mild period type pains, around my back, pelvis and bottom of the bump. it's not constant either. It's weird as these feelings used to be a ign of AF so depressing or worrying in the early days of pregnanct wereas now I feel a teeny bit closer to meeting Beanie with each one!! DH has now been banned from drinking just in case of any late night trips to labour and delivery!! I don't honestly think anythings going to happen any time soon but better to be safe so DH is only allowed a drink so he's under the driving limit.

Lol, no I won't try it unless I get sick- but I will keep it in mind!

How are you feeling today? I am glad you are still temping gives me charts to read :haha:

Lol......yea......you can give it to kids when they catch cold....... Instead of tablets.....

Today was god expect I had problems logging to Bnb...... Some server problem...:nope:.....tried the whole day to login but failed..... I was just thinking to give it a last try before sleeping....and I find myself in....:happydance:

Any success in finding out the gender?

It's done that to me before Shradha. It's very annoying as always seems to be at the most inconvenient times!! How's your day been?

Patrice- will miss you dear......:hugs:.....but I guess we will see you soon after boot camp..... :happydance:.... All the best for the swimming test...... Everything sounds so good...........

Laura- counting days....:hugs: when are you getting the pics?.... How is beanie doing? Dancing around....:happydance:

It's done that to me before Shradha. It's very annoying as always seems to be at the most inconvenient times!! How's your day been?

Yes...it was very annoying...:growlmad: day was good .... Got a big ripe jackfruit from the market...... Planning to eat some and with the rest will make desert...
temp dipped..... Tom hopefully AF will depart so we can start with BD....will start testing with opk..... I don't want to miss this time.....

AFM, I have my 28 week appointment with the midwife in just over two hours. I think I'm having blood drawn again so I'm just gulping down the water :haha: I always get nervous when someone new is doing it, and today I think it's my actual midwife rather than the nurse at hospital. I'm hoping to find out what position Spud is in too. I know they can only guess, but a fully qualified midwife is better at guessing than I am :blush: xx
How was the day? How is spud doing? Are you afraid of needles like me?? I generally never see when they draw blood....

Here's one of Phoebe's profile pics:

3. 21w+6d (2).jpg

Shradha - I'm petrified of needles! But I didn't have to have any blood drawn today, I think she said it'll be done on Wednesday when I have to go in for an injection... xx

Emma- can I ask you something very personal? If you are not comfortable you can just ignore......... I will understand:hugs:

You are so young...... Why did you want a donor? Did you want to become mom so soon??

Shradha - No, I don't mind :flower: I'm asexual (basically not interested in sex or relationships so I'm not likely to settle down with anyone and start a family the natural way). I could easily have waited before TTC because I was very independent and I loved my work, but I've always wanted children young. I can't really put my finger on why, that desire has just always been there. In the end I started TTC in September 2010 after researching a lot! I didn't end up conceiving until December 2011, but I have to say it's worth the wait :cloud9:

Emma- I must say ...:hugs: You have made the right decision..... Why wait ........ When you can have early...... The experience is so special...:happydance: .... Hopefully soon I too can experience.......:happydance:.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->