Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Looking at Phoebe I'm definately leaning more towards girl. I think their profiles look more girly compared to Beanie.

Shradha - what's a jackfruit? We're not going to view the bump pics until we've had the ones of Beanie taken so we can view them altogether so it'll be a couple of months yet, think we'll get his done at around 5 weeks. Beanies been having a quiet day but having just sat down to right this he's given me a few nudges!!

Steph - has there been any changes to Brandons movements? Beanie will have a mad hour here & there, particulary in bed & weirdly recently in the car but otherwise is getting quieter. I assume as he's so short on room now? He looked very squished on the scan!!

Laura- what is the "skull theory"? I have never heard of it :shrug:

Adult male & female skulls have key differences & these can be applied to even a tiny baby as a successful way of differentiating between genders. I can't remember all of them, I'll try & find a website link. The shape of the back of the head is one, boys stick out more. There's something to do with the forehead as well & the jaw.

Found this post with pictures of differences but it says it's a load of rubbish so you nay want to ignore everything I've said!! :haha:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/872289-skull-theory-diagram.html

Yay! I would love to find a website...I will look also...

Is there anything I am forgetting today? I jammed out of bed this morning to get started on everything- ended up getting the issue resolved without haveing to go to police, Thank goodness...I did have to drive to another town though before tea and breakfast :growlmad: which meant gassing the car :growlmad: paying the electric bill on the way out :growlmad: had to shop for groceries to make the kids and dh breakfast before I left :growlmad: and then as soon as I got home had to fix some junk on the pick-up :growlmad: and then jam out an assignment for school before the noon deadline :growlmad:Then got batts on to charge for the weedcutter (my next project)....and some moron didn't close his tail gate and ended up dumping large parts of trees, garbage, metal parts etc all down our street :brat:

Aargh. So now I am looking at a very cold and unappealing cup of tea...yik. I did eat a bagel though:thumbup: I think I will put on my bad attitude and go cut some grass :rofl: after some fruit and ice water.........

Laura- we posted at the same time :haha: I will check out the web site-- sounds very interesting! :thumbup:

Yay! Got my gender (we hope) Scan scheduled for next Tuesday...so June 5th at 1 p.m. :happydance: And Molly this time so...:shrug: One of my biggest concerns is that the tech was so rummy what if he missed something vital? Anyway, hope to get this all straightened out by Tuesday :)

Yay for June 5th! Oh, and happy 20 weeks Coy! Halfway there already! :happydance: xx

Yay, wow I am half way! Sweet :) And I can't wait for the next scan...btw when we had this scan done half of the scan equipment was broken in their lab and so they actually sent one of their techs down to Radio Shack on his bycycle to get new parts :dohh: So I admit my confidence was a little shaken...:shrug: lol! Got my fx'd for a better round this next time :happydance: Small towns, eh? :haha:

Wow, it couldn't have gone more wrong really! Hopefully Tuesday will be a much better experience for you.

I've been looking into Beanie's doppler measurements from our scan as they were measuring at the top of the scale and the SD ratio is off the chart. As the Dr said all was good we assumed it meant blood flow was really good. No, it means the complete opposite. His SD ratio is 3.87 and anything over 3 atfer 30 weeks indicates a high risk of low birth weight due to restricted blood flow caused by problems such as pre-eclampsia!! I assume they failed to point this out as they see 5lb 4 oz at 35 weeks a healthy weight but we all know that scans aren't that accurate an often over estimate weight. I think Beanie's going to be teeny somehow. Your girls were small weren't they Coy, did they have any probs or come out of hospital straight away?

Wow, it couldn't have gone more wrong really! Hopefully Tuesday will be a much better experience for you.

I've been looking into Beanie's doppler measurements from our scan as they were measuring at the top of the scale and the SD ratio is off the chart. As the Dr said all was good we assumed it meant blood flow was really good. No, it means the complete opposite. His SD ratio is 3.87 and anything over 3 atfer 30 weeks indicates a high risk of low birth weight due to restricted blood flow caused by problems such as pre-eclampsia!! I assume they failed to point this out as they see 5lb 4 oz at 35 weeks a healthy weight but we all know that scans aren't that accurate an often over estimate weight. I think Beanie's going to be teeny somehow. Your girls were small weren't they Coy, did they have any probs or come out of hospital straight away?

Laura- my girls weighed 5 pounds 6 ounces and 5 pounds 10 ounces respectivley- and they were absolutly perfect! Lungs were developed, et cetera, and we left the hospital same day with Katana- Teagen they kept us over night because it was a midwife delivery and the doc was not avaiable to release us. So he came in early next morning, examined her and sent us home staright away. So it is a good birth weight. But if you are concerned I would def say talk to your doc more about the pre-eclmapsia possibility as their casual attitude may eb your stress iykwim! Call just so you know :) Sounds like an okay weight to me !

Thanks Coy, I thought your girls were healthy. I don't think they're too worried due to how close to 37 weeks I am. I've got a midwife app on Tuesday and I'll talk to her about it then, I'm also seeing the hypertension conuiltant next Thursday so will bring it up with her as well. I would guess they'd want to do another scan in a few weeks to see if Beanie is still growing and if he's not induce but they may not be worried at all. Drs aren't always so forth coming with info in the UK and it'll be impossible for me to get hold of the consultant until my appointment nect Thursday.

Did your girls enjoy seeing their little brother/sister yesterday? Will you be taking them on Tuesday as well?

Laura- nuts!about not being able to speak to your consultant until appointment time!:growlmad: But is oyur town big or small? In our small town we have busy doctors but almost always geta response back from them by evening...

Yes, my girls enjoyed seeing the u/s...I am sure for my youngest it is still hard to image that grey wiggling foggy image as a baby :haha: but the older one remembers from the scans of Katana...they became quite bored after a while! :haha: But yes, we will all go next Tuesday :)

Wow...everybody is online now...:happydance:
Temp 97.2 f......cd6.......

Coy- I really don't have any idea how to read through the scan....:nope::shrug:..... It's good that you got an appointment soon..... Tuesday....... I am keeping fingers crossed..:happydance::hugs:....20 weeks completed.....congrats.....just matter of few more months...:dohh:....

You had a tiring day I suppose.....must be wanting a peaceful sleep:sleep:.....hopefully beanie will understand mommy is tired and lets you take it easy.....:flower:

Laura- jackfruit is a fruit....Artocarpus heterophyllus...only available for 3 months in a year.....I just love it.....have not eaten one since I got married.....earlier I used to go to visit my grandparents .....in summer vacations... All of my cousins used to come that time...it was fun....climbing trees and plucking...and cutting and eating.....it's a huge fruit...big....minimum 3 kg ..... Best part is when raw it's delicious to cook like mutton curry or fry....but when ripe ..... You can eat as fruit and make deserts with it......
I don't think you are familiar.....

So sad....by the time I typed...everybody's offline.....it must be late night.....ok ladies have a nice goodnight sleep...... Sweet dream....:sleep:

Laura- jackfruit is a fruit....Artocarpus heterophyllus...only available for 3 months in a year.....I just love it.....have not eaten one since I got married.....earlier I used to go to visit my grandparents .....in summer vacations... All of my cousins used to come that time...it was fun....climbing trees and plucking...and cutting and eating.....it's a huge fruit...big....minimum 3 kg ..... Best part is when raw it's delicious to cook like mutton curry or fry....but when ripe ..... You can eat as fruit and make deserts with it......
I don't think you are familiar.....

Lol, Shradha, I am not familiar either! Everything you just said sounds so odd! But you make me want to try it:haha: Anykind of fruit that's awesome raw and also cooked has got my vote! :thumbup: I'm gonna go look online for pics of it :)

Coy- Wow 20 weeks already!! Glad you were able to get rescheduled for Tuesday. Sounds like the conditions yesterday for your scan were just terrible! The equipment breaking down even! Yeah, I'd question a lot after that... combined with the technician being a bit loopy...I'd want a redo of everything!

I agree with Laura that it does look like boys have a bigger/rounder head in the back. If you remember the pic, that is definitely true from my 20 week scan!

Laura- I don't think Beanie's weight (if that is true) is a problem at all. Even if he were born now, yes, he'd be on the smaller side but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be healthy or would need any kind of intervention (case in point, Coy's daughters). Many babies born in the 5 lb range (do you go by lbs or kgs or stones?) are completely full term and healthy. And you still probably have a few weeks to go so he'll have a chance to gain some more. U/s measurements are terribly inaccurate anyway! Even though I know that, I still wonder about Brandon measuring 6lb 12 oz already at 36 weeks... hoping that if that is right he doesn't gain much more! They say in the last 4 weeks baby gains about 1 lb total... so if that is true, that would be okay.

Btw, looks like I'll probably get my maternity pics back soon, so excited to share them with you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->