Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Hi ladies

Loads to comment on, may not manage it all tonight though as feeling fairly brain dead!!

Coy - yay for girl number 3, can't beleive I was right again!! Its great that you're all pleased about it, especially the girls. Steph, it's interesting what you say about gender as I've wondered the same thing but it breaks my heart to think my angels are both my princesses & I may never be able to carry a girl :cry: i never bury my head in the sand over anything but that is something I will be doing fir this!!

I love pineapple & coconut drinks. It's the basis for a piña colada, my favourite cocktail!! They work very very well as virgin cocktails. We have an Hawaii cocktail bar locally which serves both alcoholic & none alcoholic in an actual coconut, love that place!!

Patrice - there's a website which recalculated your temp based on how much earlier than usual you take it, can't remember the name though but try googling. How come you & DH are in separate rooms?

Did you manage to convince DH to BD? I think it's hard on men, there's a lot if responsibilty re performing & unless you naturally have a very high sex drive BD as much as we try to when TTC is quite a challenge. My DH would manage prob 8 times over a 6 day period but it got more challenging the last couple of days & more if a chore for both of us!!

Hi coy! So all geared up:hugs:...... Today dh is not feeling that good....:nope: I had told him that today we have to BD......coz anytime i may O.....since opk not helping...... Wanted to BD earlier but things didn't go according to plan..... He can sense my nerves..... But I can't force him..... Fingers crossed.....4 u....:thumbup::hugs:..... Good night..... See you Tom

Shradha- My cough was really bad yesterday, but a lot better today. I did so much to try to kick it, and it's finally working. Which is good, because I definitely did not want to be in labor with a hacking cough!

Yay, good you're on the mend now, as if it's not already hard enough being heavily pregnant, having a cold as well is just mean!

Afm - been a tiring day, didn't get my afternoon nap so was in bed by 8.30 but woke up at 12.30 & not been able to get to sleep again. Beanie is turning into a proper night baby & does most if his more significant moving at night it appears. He's getting so strong it actually keeps me awake now, especially when he starts jabbing me right on my side, it's like bring tickled on the inside!! I also get really hungry. I've actually got up tonight to have some cereal, eating tends to calm him down but not so far tonight, hes still squirming away!!

Went to see what to expect when you're expecting as well. It's really good, funny but also sad. Being hormonal I expected a few tears when the babies were born, but someone had a miscarriage in it, not at all what I was expecting. Que me fighting back full on crying as I was with people who don't know about my angles. Didn't really manage it & almost walked out!! Glad I didn't though as it was really good. Think that's partly what's keeping me awake as well. I hate remembering the pain of the mc's but it's part of the process I guess. There is a positive though as it makes me so so grateful for Beanie & i also think & dream lots about him, what he'll look like, what his personality will be, how happy I'll be when I finally hold him. I really am so so excited now, the next 4 weeks cant go quick enough!!

Laura- I am still undecided on wether gender plays a role in mc or not...I have done a little bit of research today and it seems all still up in the air so to speak. One study suggested that recurrent mc's were studied but that those women who did happen to have multiple successful pregnancies of both genders were deliberately excluded from the study--which is sort of like targeting or guiding your results as opposed to a true study result of all women. I certainly won't allow myself to think that my body rejected the baby based on gender- for one, there's no real evdience of that and for two it'd be a lot (maybe too much) for me to handle and analytically manage.

Mc's are hard no matter how we look at them...but as you said about beanie- I feel so blessed to have this little one healthy and active! Boy or girl I think God is the ultimate determinator (is that a word?:haha:) of who we are blessed with. I can't wait to see pics of you and your baby! :hugs:

Afm - been a tiring day, didn't get my afternoon nap so was in bed by 8.30 but woke up at 12.30 & not been able to get to sleep again. Beanie is turning into a proper night baby & does most if his more significant moving at night it appears. He's getting so strong it actually keeps me awake now, especially when he starts jabbing me right on my side, it's like bring tickled on the inside!! I also get really hungry. I've actually got up tonight to have some cereal, eating tends to calm him down but not so far tonight, hes still squirming away!!

Went to see what to expect when you're expecting as well. It's really good, funny but also sad. Being hormonal I expected a few tears when the babies were born, but someone had a miscarriage in it, not at all what I was expecting. Que me fighting back full on crying as I was with people who don't know about my angles. Didn't really manage it & almost walked out!! Glad I didn't though as it was really good. Think that's partly what's keeping me awake as well. I hate remembering the pain of the mc's but it's part of the process I guess. There is a positive though as it makes me so so grateful for Beanie & i also think & dream lots about him, what he'll look like, what his personality will be, how happy I'll be when I finally hold him. I really am so so excited now, the next 4 weeks cant go quick enough!!

Ah, the night owl baby! Dh and I were just talking about that...this one seems to be active during the day when I am active then fairly restful at night. But this has a certain drumroll effect to it...I just know as she grows she's gonna start waking me up at night! It's just what babies do! :hugs:

Ah, I can't get over how cute it was seeing her on the u/s trying to get her thumb in her mouth! :haha: What a naughty baby! :rofl:

Steph- no probes dear.....the result of a long wait is always sweet...... Maybe today I can see the pics:happydance:

Patrice- you can fill in the timing in the table.....I never put the time.....coz sometimes I wake up early at 6 and sometimes at 7 am......I don't think it is going be a problem...... Why have they given you separate rooms? :thumbup: for the test......

Coy- congratulations:happydance::hugs:....... So I was wrong :dohh:...... Never mind...... I am happy that our princess is healthy and doing good....:happydance:....... The best thing about girls are ...... You can dress them how ever you want ..... So many choices....... Can try different hair styles...:hugs:.... Kat is already planning to become a big sister...... That's so sweet......

Laura- it's always great to have a change....... Hope you can beanie had a good time dining out.......:happydance:.....

Laura/Coy- Re: the gender thing and m/c's there's no reason to think that it's the case for either of you (or myself)! Even if there was some truth to this, just because someone has m/c' s doesn't mean it's true for them. In most cases of course I believe there are other reasons for a m/c. I think that if it is true in some way, this happens to a very small percentage of women. And like I said, I wouldn't know why. I just thought it was interesting because I had never heard of it before. I'm always interested in different theories, ideas and research...

I am very happy coz my dh didnt let me down.....:happydance: yesterday he was having severe cramps....and body pain due to diabetes..... Feel so sad fir him....:nope:..... With that pain how can we BD...... So I was massaging him.... We slept at 2 am.... I was very depressed.....:cry:.... But I don't know what happened around 3 am he woke up....and we BD......:happydance:..... He told me.... I know how important this is for you..... I want this to happen..... I can take any pain to see you happy.......:hugs:....... I was so happy...touchwood..... Again at 5 am we BD...... I was surprised and shocked....dh is really trying hard..... Took temp today...96.4 f......

Btw, hope I didn't offend either of you, or make you feel bad...

Shradha- Aww that's so nice of him. He must've known you were feeling bad. I'm sure the massage helped him to feel better. I'm sure he wishes he didn't have to deal with the pain so he could be there for you whenever...

Btw, hope I didn't offend either of you, or make you feel bad...

Of course not! :hugs: I appreciate diff views and always new information...I try so hard to understand it but :shrug: When I mc'd with my first back in 2003 my dh and I both were just blown away with it. At that time we didn't even try to figure it out...just went forward. And this time I wanted to figure it out but I also know it is a very painful road and I have learned to always push ahead you know? Not forget just get past it...for my girls sake especiallya nd for dh too. But in the back of a woman's mind they always wonder. So always new insight is valuable and appreciated. I am almost afraid to believe it then I end up pointing a finger at myself but it is not a fault- justa circumstance, which is bad enough :( Never worry about offending on here- this is where we hash it all out and give our thoughts and worries :hugs: I appreciate it!

I am very happy coz my dh didnt let me down.....:happydance: yesterday he was having severe cramps....and body pain due to diabetes..... Feel so sad fir him....:nope:..... With that pain how can we BD...... So I was massaging him.... We slept at 2 am.... I was very depressed.....:cry:.... But I don't know what happened around 3 am he woke up....and we BD......:happydance:..... He told me.... I know how important this is for you..... I want this to happen..... I can take any pain to see you happy.......:hugs:....... I was so happy...touchwood..... Again at 5 am we BD...... I was surprised and shocked....dh is really trying hard..... Took temp today...96.4 f......

Shradha- your dh has that too because of the diabetes? Mine too! The muscle cramps are the worst! What does his doc say about it? My dh's doc suggested that the muscles are not absorbing the glucose and therefore the muscle is starving and it cramps violently. Dh tears his muscles apart with them I feel so awful when that happens. His thighs swell red and blue when that happens and there's not much you can do about it :nope: Just try to control the sugar...But see tonight his glucose was 163 a half hour after eating dinner. That's about perfect for him according to the doc. But then 2 hours later of just drinking water it had sky rocketed to over 300! Grr! So diabetes is a horrible thing to manage. I am glad I have you to talk to about it as now I know you understand the postition I am in too...does your dh have any neuropathy, the nerve damage form glucose??

It does put somewhat of a strain on ttc as we (wives) are always catious and concerned for their predicament but still thinking...Maybe I should push it? :haha:

I don't believe it nor disbelieve it... just merely stating as a possible theory for some women. I mean, you hear about women having like 8 boys or something, never having a girl... or vice versa... and while I believe it happens for a reason I guess sometimes you naturally wonder if biology plays a role... and I guess this theory provides an answer to those people who may be looking for one. I like to speculate, I don't ever fully believe in one thing... or that one thing is true for everyone. But even though I believe everything happens for a reason, whatever the reason, I'm still such an analytical and theory-based person that I explore everything that's out there. Glad that I didn't offend you :hugs:

Steph- ready to have that baby yet :haha: lol, man the last few weeks are the worst huh?! I remember thinking it would never end, lol! I remember fantasizing about doing tummy crunches again and laying on my belly. Silly me, huh! I would tighten my tummy msucles as far as I could and it would feel like bliss! Dh would run over and pat my belly and say sternly "Stop that! You're disturbing the baby!" lol.

Laura- I'm sorry I brought up the m/c thing, and after you saw that movie and everything. I wanted to see the movie, now I'm not so sure! But it seems pretty funny at the same time.

I don't believe it nor disbelieve it... just merely stating as a possible theory for some women. I mean, you hear about women having like 8 boys or something, never having a girl... or vice versa... and while I believe it happens for a reason I guess sometimes you naturally wonder if biology plays a role... and I guess this theory provides an answer to those people who may be looking for one. I like to speculate, I don't ever fully believe in one thing... or that one thing is true for everyone. But even though I believe everything happens for a reason, whatever the reason, I'm still such an analytical and theory-based person that I explore everything that's out there. Glad that I didn't offend you :hugs:

You are right- it makes me wonder too if the theory has any weight because of the fact that women can have ten kids and all of ine gender...strange. My mother had two girls one boy, my brother and his wife- 2 girls and one boy. So I thought- maybe 2 girls and one boy! :haha: But yes, it does make me wonder. As far as myself- the only reason I don't look at it too close is because I would worry if I ever got pregoa gain that I would mc :( Just my brain in self-protective mode. You are very analytical, like my dh- he studied psuchology also and is a very analytical person. I think it's an awesome characteristic! I need to be more like that, and in my studies I am trying very hard. As I am currently studying criminology it is essential.

What I can't figure out is why would boys have such a different makeup than girls but there is a slight diff in the biology between the two. :shrug: Either way- I seem to be a girl machine :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->