Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Try drinking a lot of water and laying down on your side... and go to the bathroom if you need to (I know sometimes if I have to go or if I have wind, it can mimic contractions)... if they go away after trying all that it's probably not labor.

Thanks Steph, I'll give that a go. I though about it being wind as it caused the pains I had around 20 weeks but bowels seems to be clear, I had quite a few bowel movements yesterday including quite a bit of wind then.

Hmm, could have been irritation from dtd or semen mixed with old cm/blood or even part of the mucous plug. But the mucous plug is usually clear with red blood... :shrug: Just be careful when dtd at this point, they say theoretically that it is safe and it won't induce labor, but in the right conditions I believe it can. So I've just heard from some to avoid/minimize it in the later 3rd tri until 37 weeks and then after that go for it...

See if the pain does go away. Because you're saying that the BH are kind of a separate feeling from the crampy pains makes me think that they are not real contractions...yet.... doesn't mean it won't turn into something, but yeah, this could go on for a while before they are regular contractions. Definitely call your MW today though when they open. They might want to just check internally to see if you have any dilation or effacement...

Crazy that we're both having these signs of labor right now... I'm still getting those contractions that are coming pretty regular, although they are not painful yet. I've been feeling this excitement and adrenaline rush too, like the baby will be coming soon. They will probably go away once I lay down and go to sleep though, so not trying to get my hopes up too much.

Now that I think about it, the pressure I feel on my cervix could be baby engaging/dropping... didn't feel this the first time, but that definitely could be it...

Crazy that we're both having these signs of labor right now... I'm still getting those contractions that are coming pretty regular, although they are not painful yet. I've been feeling this excitement and adrenaline rush too, like the baby will be coming soon. They will probably go away once I lay down and go to sleep though, so not trying to get my hopes up too much.

Imagine if we end up in labour at the same time!! My gut is telling me that it's not labour yet but hopefully it's a sign of something happening in the next week, preferably after I hit 37 weeks on Tuesday!!

Re the DTD we've tried to be good and will definately be going all out after 37 weeks but my sex drive hasn't half increased over the past few weeks, it's taken a lot of self cotrol not to be back at it like we're ttc again!! That's got to be a sign of raging hormones!!

Now that I think about it, the pressure I feel on my cervix could be baby engaging/dropping... didn't feel this the first time, but that definitely could be it...

As it's your second that could be a sign of imminent labour then! Oooh so exciting!!

Now you're so close are you now staying put at home more and being accompanoed when you go out? I'm starting to get to the pount where I feel a little nervous being out and about alone. As I don't really know what to expect re cotnractions / waters breaking I'm really nervous about being away from home, alone, when it does happen. I was due to go into town to do some last minute cosmetic shopping for me so I have stuff stock piled for after Beanie arrives but going to try and do it online now.

Coy- Have a question for you... when you would get BH in the past would you ever actually feel your cervix opening up?? Is that even possible to feel the dilation? I've been getting these kinds of BH where I can feel this kind of sensation like a pressure down on my cervix and I could swear that it is opening. Maybe just wishful thinking that these contractions are doing some work ahead of time! I know they are not real contractions yet though... I've been getting these occasionally for the last week or so, these "cervix opening" kind.

When I would get BH yes I would feel a pressure on my cervix right at the core...and nope, not painful at all just extreme pressure. At that point I was about 3 centimaters dialated so I would doubt if you are already beginning to dialate! :thumbup:

Laura- I agree with Steph, if there is real pain involved here I would def see your mw or doc...In fact, on my first labor with Teagen I was trying to sleep and the contractions (didn't know it was contractions at that point) were just gently coming and going at odd intervals and I kept having to switch sides and curl up also...I finally left the bed and moved to the couch as I was so restless to wake dh. By morning I knew something was going on because the discomfort was becoming a tad mroe piercing. And yes I associated it with period pain simply because it's that area and seems to be related to that muscle/ligament group. And though you are early yet my first came 3 weeks early so it is possible. Be careful and keep someone with you that can drive :haha: Smart thinking doing the shopping online! :thumbup:

Yes, I've definitely been a homebody these last few weeks. I really don't go out much at all, unless it's a quick meal or shopping trip with the boys. Can't do it alone anymore. And while there have been different events/parties/graduations to go to, I've turned everything down just because I'm in that nesting stage and preparing to have this baby. Not really thinking about anything else! Sounds like you're arriving at that point too :)

And by the way, labors (especially first ones) rarely happen suddenly, without warning... like how you see in the movies... the water breaks and you rush to the hospital... in fact, your water doesn't usually break until after you've been having contractions, and the contractions will build up slowly so if you happen to be out you'll definitely have time before you probably even realize it's the real thing. Now I know Coy had very fast labors, and it's possible, but sounds like she even had the signs of early labor for a little while before active labor kicked in.

My gut is also telling me it'll happen about a week from now... so very possible we could be in labor at the same time. I know at least you're definitely having a June baby!

I do all my shopping online... I always do a lot of online shopping, but especially now... I'm getting everything on Amazon!

Shradha- I was going to say to look at Emma's signature but just noticed that the link isn't there anymore...? So here it is

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/840172-young-single-pregnant-144.html

Thanx steph- I kept looking around everywhere.....:hugs:......

Just going through all the post.....
Steph- the pic clearly shows Nicholas is kissing your belly :winkwink:.... I can see the belly button...... Don't worry....we all are going to have one soon... It's still 7 th June there ...right.....although I wished you early....I can still wish you .....HAPPY BIRTHDAY :hugs:!! Did Brandon wish you?

Coy- I liked watching xeena the warrior princess when I was young....big fan....
So personally like the name a lot:happydance:......

Yes, I've definitely been a homebody these last few weeks. I really don't go out much at all, unless it's a quick meal or shopping trip with the boys. Can't do it alone anymore. And while there have been different events/parties/graduations to go to, I've turned everything down just because I'm in that nesting stage and preparing to have this baby. Not really thinking about anything else! Sounds like you're arriving at that point too :)

And by the way, labors (especially first ones) rarely happen suddenly, without warning... like how you see in the movies... the water breaks and you rush to the hospital... in fact, your water doesn't usually break until after you've been having contractions, and the contractions will build up slowly so if you happen to be out you'll definitely have time before you probably even realize it's the real thing. Now I know Coy had very fast labors, and it's possible, but sounds like she even had the signs of early labor for a little while before active labor kicked in.

My gut is also telling me it'll happen about a week from now... so very possible we could be in labor at the same time. I know at least you're definitely having a June baby!

I really wanted a July baby but accept it'll be June. If I could choose it would be next sunday as it's 17th (17 being my fabourite number) and it's fathers day in the UK which would be so lovely!! I've asked Beanie nicely to stay put until then!!

Thats good to know about the re waters breaking and contractions! I tried lying down and curling up which releived the pains a bit but then it really hurt when I sat up again and my pelvis really hurts again when I move, similar to the SPD I had. I'm thinking it's less likely therefore to be labour pains as surely they are there no matter what positon you're in and wouldn't hurt more as you sit up?

Laura- I agree with Steph, if there is real pain involved here I would def see your mw or doc...In fact, on my first labor with Teagen I was trying to sleep and the contractions (didn't know it was contractions at that point) were just gently coming and going at odd intervals and I kept having to switch sides and curl up also...I finally left the bed and moved to the couch as I was so restless to wake dh. By morning I knew something was going on because the discomfort was becoming a tad mroe piercing. And yes I associated it with period pain simply because it's that area and seems to be related to that muscle/ligament group. And though you are early yet my first came 3 weeks early so it is possible. Be careful and keep someone with you that can drive :haha: Smart thinking doing the shopping online! :thumbup:

Ummm now this makes me wonder if it is early labour!! I guess time will tell. It'll prob be gone in a few hours!! Hubbys left for work as well and not due back until 5 so got to try and occupy myself for the day.

New pain now of stabbing around the cervix, maybe from straining to get up off the sofa though as only jusy started.

Can't believe you ladies will be going bed soon if you're not already, very bad timing of my body!!

Laura- here in India specially in south ..we don't have winters.....during winter season ..... It's spring in south....whereas north India experiences a good winter season..... Dec- Jan ....depends... I grew up where we had good winters, summers and monsoons ..eastern India....but after marriage I have settled in south....here it's only summers...... This state has very little rains and the winter season lasts only for few days..... During Christmas - new year...... Last year I could only wear woolens for 3 days.... So sad...max temp 20 C..... Its only in hilly and mountain regions it snow falls..... I keep telling dh to make a trip of these places when it's snowing...... I hate summers.....

Laura- so good to know that everything went well and you were discharged quickly........ I somewhat don't like being in the hospital..... It gives me creepy feelings....:dohh:.......

Coy- glad that everything is good with you too....:happydance:

Laura- here in India specially in south ..we don't have winters.....during winter season ..... It's spring in south....whereas north India experiences a good winter season..... Dec- Jan ....depends... I grew up where we had good winters, summers and monsoons ..eastern India....but after marriage I have settled in south....here it's only summers...... This state has very little rains and the winter season lasts only for few days..... During Christmas - new year...... Last year I could only wear woolens for 3 days.... So sad...max temp 20 C..... Its only in hilly and mountain regions it snow falls..... I keep telling dh to make a trip of these places when it's snowing...... I hate summers.....

Thats not good hating summers and living where you do. Funnily enough I'm in a similar boat in that I hate winters yet here I am living in England where the average annual temp is something like 12 degrees, far too cold for my liking!! I would much rather live somewhere hotter, although sounds a little too hot in your part of the world. Australis would be my preferance!

Steph- can't get hold of th pic from the link you gave me of Emma...:dohh: can't call it baby brain.....no baby...... So it's me....my silly brain....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->