Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Oh one more thing you may want to add to your eviction plans... and maybe I'll try this again, even though I can't move as well... but the night I started having real contractions with N we went dancing, and I believe it was the merengue (sp?) line that really shook things up! I remember feeling great and I wasn't any pain, I hardly even felt pregnant... so to me dancing and shaking my booty was no big deal, but people were looking at me funny! I didn't feel like things got shook up until later that night at home, I was about to go to bed and the contractions started. So you might want to give latin dancing a try? ;)

Lol, Steph! I have to say- shaking your booty is probably what got it done! Nicholas couldn't help that downward path at that point :haha: Kind of hard when Mom is jumping and shaking, lol! Good job!

Oh- I meant to ask you Steph and Laura-

are either of you performing the perennial massage? I cannot help but encourage you to do so...wow, I couldn't believe the difference in recovery and pain/chafing with my second birth. A somewhat embarassing exersize but boy was it worth it! :thumbup:

I have been trying to do the massage, although I don't think I'm doing a great job at it. I also don't know if I'm "stretching" it enough. But I have a bottle of olive oil in the shower and I try it when I can, it's just hard for me to get into position to reach! I did have a 2nd degree tear with N, but recovery wasn't so bad, and once I had him I didn't even may attention to it. I also think my Dr did a good job sewing it up.

I can't believe you went 2 weeks overdue... I'd go nuts!! At that point were you trying any natural induction methods (other than walking, etc)?

I think the sweep is different from what you're talking about. I've never heard of a "scrape" of the cervix... ouch! I think what they do here is just stick their fingers in there and give a little shake around the membranes to try to loosen things up.

My mom was almost 3 weeks overdue with me. And I came out at 10 lbs! Ugh! My poor mother. So Katana was only about 5-6 lbs right? Even for being 2 weeks late?!

Oh one more thing you may want to add to your eviction plans... and maybe I'll try this again, even though I can't move as well... but the night I started having real contractions with N we went dancing, and I believe it was the merengue (sp?) line that really shook things up! I remember feeling great and I wasn't any pain, I hardly even felt pregnant... so to me dancing and shaking my booty was no big deal, but people were looking at me funny! I didn't feel like things got shook up until later that night at home, I was about to go to bed and the contractions started. So you might want to give latin dancing a try? ;)

Lol, Steph! I have to say- shaking your booty is probably what got it done! Nicholas couldn't help that downward path at that point :haha: Kind of hard when Mom is jumping and shaking, lol! Good job!

Yeah, I wish I could have a repeat performance, but I can hardly walk let alone shake and jump! I try to get on my hands and knees and sway my hips, or bounce on the birth ball... but actually doing a salsa dance or something, that'll be difficult but I'll try!

Laura- so it's just matter of time ......... I too wish you have a natural labour..... Nice pics........lovely bump.....beanie....we all are waiting for you....:hugs:.....don't trouble momma.....

Hm...the perennial massage can be difficult..Always was easier for me to stand up and put one foot on the tub edge. Just fingers in about to second knuckel (sp) and pull the edges apart. You prob think it's not doing much good (that's what I though, like didn't know if I was doing it right?) but it helped.

And yes- Kat was 2 weeks overdue little squirt! And still only 5 pounds 10 ounces. So she needed the time...We had to perform US every two days to measure ambiotic fluid though. I have heard bad things about pitocin and it's effects on baby so decided to try not to induce. Let's see..what did I do to start labor? Um, walking yes, stretching, squats...that's about it. I am too nervous to drink herbs of any kind.

Oh, you mentioned something earlier about adrenalin acting as the opposite to oxytocin? I wonder- I was so stressed because of what wa sgoing on with my job at the point in my pregnancy that my MW told me my stress levels were preventing the necessary hormones to cause labor induction. So I tried to destress alot. Stopped worrying about schedules, etc. In fact when I went into labor I had pulled a late night movie fest for myself and fell asleep on the ocuch. When I woke up at 7 a.m. I got my first twinge.

Steph- you are Laura are going through the same phase.....anytime anyday.......ohhhhh 2 babies....... Brandon waiting for you too ........ Momma is having pain......come soon.... Has the pain reduced dear ?

Having lower back pain from evening....had trouble while walking.....and when I reached home... I started having headache...... Now feeling better.......

Shradha- I agree, I think you are about 2-3 days DPO. So am looking to see oyur crosshairs tomorrow on ff! As your temp rises it indicates ovulation has occurred and yours are rising nicely and staying in a good range. TWW! :thumbup:

Emma- I am getting scared of all those needles......can't imagine.....specially after your experience with anti d ....... I am really worried......:dohh:...... So now the next dose will be after delivery .....

Oh, you mentioned something earlier about adrenalin acting as the opposite to oxytocin? I wonder- I was so stressed because of what wa sgoing on with my job at the point in my pregnancy that my MW told me my stress levels were preventing the necessary hormones to cause labor induction. So I tried to destress alot. Stopped worrying about schedules, etc. In fact when I went into labor I had pulled a late night movie fest for myself and fell asleep on the ocuch. When I woke up at 7 a.m. I got my first twinge.

Hmm I might have to do just that! Maybe if I take my mind off of dates, timing, etc and relax it'll help get those hormones releasing...

Shradha- Yes, I'm in a lot of pain but I keep trying to tell myself it's not much longer...

Coy- I was a big baby...9 1/2 pounds..... My mom before pregnancy was 37 kg when she was about to deliver she was 59 kgs...........:flower:.......my grand mom really fed her too much.....

Steph- so sad.......I wish I could help....did you call the doctor? How long is the pain going to last? Feeling terrible for you......:hugs:

Thanks, don't worry, it's just par for the course... it's the tenderness on my pubic bone that is the worst... I think if I was earlier in the pregnancy I would definitely be more proactive about it. But I've also tried when it first started but there's really not much to do at this point. My support belt doesn't help and just turning over in the bed or walking is excruciating. That's why baby needs to come asap...

I think the reason the anti D hurts more than regular injections is because it has to penetrate the muscle. I'm assuming that's why anyway :shrug: I have to have another on the 23rd July (I'll be 36 weeks) and another after the birth if she's rhesus positive :thumbup:

I'm sorry you're feeling so rough Steph, it won't be long now and it'll all be so worth it! :cloud9: xx

Emma- do we need 3 injections? Coz when I asked the doc she told me 1 in 7 th month of pregnancy and the other after baby comes:shrug:

Steph- so it's all ok.....normal....... You must b tired......:hugs:

Well, I remembered to eat today :thumbup: Granted it was already 2 p.m. :haha: Salad and cottage cheese...healthy, right? :) Babes seems to like it as she is jumping around like crazy today! Now I'm going to chug some water and go for a walk with the girls. Today is a no-school day so I may work ont heir room, work in the yard, etc...I finished the one course, now on to Criminal Organizations :shrug:

Hate to tell you this shradha but the theory os babies generally weigh somewhere between Mum and Dads birth weight so you may have a large baby. Does that theory work for your kids Steph and Coy? DH and I both weighed 7 1/2 lbs so in theory Beanie should be near there. I'm not so sure he'll get to that size though but we'll see, perhaps if he gets to 40 weeks he might.

Re the perinial massage I'm not doing it. I reallly really hate the feeling of it pulling down and stinging a bit. I'm so not going to like the ring of fire in labour but at least that's over in a couple of minutes I hope! I know doing the massage can make that better but still can't bring myself to do it!!

Steph - I'd love to go Salsa dancing but there's no classes that I know of and even if there was DH would not even consider going, he hates dancing and to be honest is rubbosh at it!! I have been thinking of getting my wii fit out though and doing the step aerobic excercises at that should be a good jiggle, a little hesitant though in case I fall off it!! I'm therefore sticking with the ball at the mo but bouncing and moving my pelvis forwards & backwards, to the side and round in circles. Its certainly doing something as feeling pretty sore down there, may just be my pelvis though. Sorry you're still suffering so badly with your pelvis Steph, I'd be feeling really down if mine was still really bad. I think it's a bit odd how my pain pretty much completely went, perhaps all along it was a nerve he was sitting on or he was headbutting the left side of my pelvis??!!

At my appointment today Beanie was in the same position as he always is, on the right of the bump (although not as far right now) facing the left. From what I understand it's not a great position to engage from, the are better on the left side or anterior. I guess it shows the width of my pelvis is pretty good if he's engaging from that angle. I can't understand why he is always on the right though as I spend 75% of my time sleeping on the left which is supposed to get babies to move to the left simply due to gravity!! I think he may be an ackward and determined little boy, just like his Mummy!!

Well, I remembered to eat today :thumbup: Granted it was already 2 p.m. :haha: Salad and cottage cheese...healthy, right? :) Babes seems to like it as she is jumping around like crazy today! Now I'm going to chug some water and go for a walk with the girls. Today is a no-school day so I may work ont heir room, work in the yard, etc...I finished the one course, now on to Criminal Organizations :shrug:

Busy day for you... Good you ate something.....it's 2.30 am.....

I better :sleep:.....good nite friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->